O. Sanchez: "F*** their mothers!"

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Beadling Boy, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought these O. Sanchez and H. Sanchez quotes were interesting enough / controversial enough to warrant their own thread separate from the great work that Scotty continues to do with the foreign press reports.

I ran across an article in one of Guadalajara’s principal papers, El Milenio, which discussed the game. My apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere. Because of a busy work day, I only translated about 10% of it – what I thought were the most interesting parts (beginning of the article, and the two Sanchez’ quotes):

Again, the U.S.

The Tricolor mastery of the ball was not worth anything. Hugo’s debut was tainted by the lack of conviction of the Mexican team.

Oswaldo was lying on the ground and Landon Donovan was already sprinting toward the sidelines with his arms in the air. The ball was about to cross the goal line and the hearts of more than 50 thousand Mexican fans in the stadium as well as millions on the other side of the border were frowning and shriveling up. And the hope, the thirst of revenge, was dying.

The moment arrived when ball and net collided. It was 2-0. It came in the most humiliating manner - From the cleats of the most hated executioner of Mexican soccer. Again, the U.S. And even Hugo Sanchez could not save us.

SNIP

Oswaldo Sanchez reflected what was Mexico last night at the University of Phoenix stadium. The Santos Laguna goalkeeper left the locker room angry and could not hide it. The helplessness overcame him. Faithful to his ways, he was not careful with his mouth when it came to discussing the loss against the United States.

When he found out minutes earlier that a few of the U.S. players criticized him for trying to injure Johnson after the second goal via Landon Donovan from the Stars and Stripes team, Sanchez was sharp-worded with his reply, “I don’t give a s*** what they say. F*** their mothers.”

The 'keeper accepted that there is no defeat that hurts more than the one against the United States, the most hated rival and one that has built a clear supremacy over our "Greens" in the past few years.

"I get very angry when I lose, but it's even worse when it's against this team. I don't care how, but we had to win this game. We couldn't and that leaves one feeling very helpless."

SNIP

Hugo Sanchez assured the media that more than having suffered his first defeat with his Tricolor, what hurt the most was how it happened: “It’s frustrating to play a good game, to create many goal opportunities, to have everything to deserve victory, and it is the rival, with so little, that actually steals the win. There is nothing pleasant about this situation because we lost against a rival that did not deserve to win.”

“Let’s also point out that they trained for almost one month while we only conducted two practice sessions. This gives optimism that, by the Gold Cup, we will reach the level that we want.”

END TRANSLATION

If FIFA reviews this play, they also need to see how unrepentant, and down right vile, O. Sanchez was after the game. They need to see these quotes. Also, H. Sanchez seems to forget that our Yanks abroad only arrived a few days before the match as well. And he conveniently overlooks the fact that he pretty much brought his A+ team to beat us gringos while we left many of our “guns” in Europe as well as a few injured MLS’ers as well and a lack of match fitness by our MLS players.

Oh well, the Mexican excuses continue . . .

http://www.milenio.com/guadalajara/milenio/nota.asp?id=475896

2. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Always a lovely opponent, those lads... :rolleyes:

3. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Man, I used to wish well on this guy after his father died during the World Cup last year. Now I wish a wide range of STD's on his whole family.

4. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    that would require a Mexican being able to score. :p

5. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    The US was in a very good shape following a six week camp actually... but Oswaldo does deserve a major punishment for his attempted foul.

Hugo Sanchez should blame specific players for blowing chances and give credit to the US for taking theirs.

Aren't there any gentlemen left in Mexico?

6. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Preety classless by Oswaldo.. Which is weird since he has always been a classy guy and a gentleman when it comes to the media.. A large part of his anger probably has to do with the fact that he got sold to Santos and things are not going well there, they are in last place with Queretaro in the relegation table.. thats still no excuse though.. he is a profesional.. Classless and unacceptable..

7. ScottyB10

ScottyB10 Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    Nope, they all moved up north...

8. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, I love these guys. If the earth opened up and swallowed their dumb ass', I wouldn't skip a beat.

We scored more goals than they did, thus, we did enough to win the game and that means we deserved to win the game. If they wanted to win game, then they should have scored some goals and defended better. According to the stats, they had the ball more, why couldn't they score???

Because their forwards were already thinking up excuses and insults at about minute 35.

WTF, they are suck sore losers that their heads will most likely explode the first time we beat them in Azteca.

9. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    Exactly. The Mexicans finished like Lavolpe's sister, aunt and grandmother. They didn't force one difficult save out of Howard. You can't complain about luck when you can't put one good shot on goal in 90 minutes.

10. aaronbrown

aaronbrown Member

May 6, 2004
    San Diego
    I wish Bradley would call me up for these matches...he can bring me in for the last 5 minutes to ruin people. Me being 6'1 205 pounds that runs a sub 4.6 40 i think I'd be great at hurting at least 4 of the mexican players...also if the goalkeeper tried to tackle me like he did EJ he probably would have got an instep to his face....oh well

GO USA

11. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The US was in good shape? I counted 1 outfield player who has played regularly the last 3 months. Nobody on that team has played

12. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    almost unbelievable.

It's a type of self-delusion common in some parts of the world today.

His momma should have smacked him in the head instead of telling him he was some sort of macho gift to the world.

13. Kilmer17

Kilmer17 Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Cobi Jones should be on the roster every time we play Mexico JUST for the last 5 minutes of the game. He's the salt for their wounds. I would have loved to watch their heads explode if we had subbed Cobi in with a few minutes left just to run the ball to the corner.

14. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure class right there.

15. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    These are the protestations of men from a country with a major inferierority complex. Sanchez should be suspended for a year.

16. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope the USSF is sending tape to CONCACAF & FIFA to get them to suspend him for a couple games.

17. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I am glad the US has a rivalry with this kind of intensity. I cant think of a rivalry with more intensity and social and cultural overtones.

We are starting to beat them the way Germany beats on a lot of euros. At the end of each game the opposing team is saying ' we had the better pace and play, but we F*** their mothers.' Then the Germans quickly agree and go celebrate the Mannschaft's victory.

18. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Dempsey's been with Fulham for about a month now. Convey's been practicing for a couple of weeks and playing with the reserves and in the Carling Cup.

What you saw from the two of them was a 9-hr jetlag for a game that started at 3 AM Greenwich time. It wasn't the lack of fitness per se.

The Mexican Euro based players were suffering from the same problem.

19. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh they will, don't worry about that. what is the consensus on what FIFA will hand down?? i'll say 2, maybe 3 games (although I think he should miss 5 for that).

i don't know Mexico's schedule, but I'm sure it will be a 2-game suspension vs. Barbados and the French Guiana B-team. they should suspend him for the next US/Mexico WCQ. that would be fair. but of course FIFA won't do that.

20. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    their hate is like a warm blanket that keeps me warm. I can't get enough of it. enjoy the uclers this one will give, amigos!

21. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, I don't think the US SHOULD ever win in Azteca... if I were Bradley I would build up a 5-0 lead and then quickly tell the team to stop playing and let the wookie win.

22. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word.

O. Sanchez deserved a red card for that little stunt, tho I'm not shocked Navarro didn't give him one, the little punk. That was equivalent to throwing a punch when the ball is out of play, which is a clear ejection. The only person involved who can be praised is EJ for just walking away.

23. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is true, the fans might kill the team and anyone else wearing Red/White/Blue.

24. aaronbrown

aaronbrown Member

May 6, 2004
    San Diego
    Do is sense sarcasim

25. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love these quotes.

IMO its one of the major factors in our success against Mexico over the years.

They convince themselves they are the better side and just got unlucky and our wins were undeserved. Its that ignorance and dismissive attitude that leads them to keep doing the same things instead of actually taking a step back, admit defeat, and try a new approach.

As long as they make these statments we will continue our dominace of this rivalry...so keep making excuses Mexico.