:(

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by soc4life, Dec 15, 2002.

1. soc4life

soc4life Red Card

Sep 6, 2002
    atlanta, GA
    why in the hell are they haveing a tv timeout in the college final four.

2. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The NCAA has some different rules than FIFA. They also have unlimited subsituttion.

3. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The field looks like crap.

4. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    You know, for the College Cup, the least they can do is play the thing in a soccer specific stadium. It was freezing cold in Columbus last year, but at least they played in a soccer stadium.

Note to the NCAA: Blackbaud stadium in Charleston SC is a great location, so is the new SAS stadium in Cary NC. But please, don't play this event on a football field anymore!

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I've been to both Blackbaud and SAS and they are both nice stadiums.

But, the NCAA is too money-grubbing to put the men's final at either stadium, even if it is debateable whether either stadium would see a sell-out if the Final Four there.

Lockhart Stadium, however, would be a nice idea and it would be warm. And, of course, it's just a matter of time before the Galaxy's new stadium gets a few Final Fours of both genders.

6. rhydogg

rhydogg New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    West Coast
    galaxy stadium

Yeah, the Galaxy stadium would be great for the final four. I bet they could get a huge crowd for that. Plus it is warm and great weather all the time down there. When is it going to be complete???

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: galaxy stadium

It scheduled to open on June of 2003.

8. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Don't count out SAS stadium quite yet. The women's college cup will be there next December, and don't be surprised if the men also play there in 2003 or 2004.

9. VCU Fan

VCU Fan New Member

Sep 4, 2002

Men's college cup is scheduled for Columbus next year, then returns to SMU in 2004. From what I hear, the field at SMU was in great condition for the women's cup last year, but I guess they played a ton of football games (college & HS) this year and the field was completely torn up. I guess attendance was below expectations as well.

10. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    I can tell you that the men's college cup locations are not set in stone, so don't be surprised to see a change of venue, with SAS being the new host. Just file this away and pull it out a year from now to see how accurate I may be on this one.