Sons of Ben or SOBs

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Julessal, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julessal

Julessal New Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Salem, MA
    I just wanted to make this posting at how horrible the Philadelphia fans (mind you they have no team) were at the game. They sat in the Revs supporter section and yet they were not cheering for the Revs. They kept on cheering for Philadelphia and the last I checked they do not have a team in the league. Also some of them were wearing orange shirts and took of their baby blue shirts to reveal them. This absolutely showed total disrespect and if they ever get the chance to get a team (I hope not for some time) I will make sure to re-pay them.

2. revsfan44

revsfan44 Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Providence / Amherst
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i completely agree. i love the city, my grandparents live there, and i was in favor of a team, but after today's showing, i have firmly reversed my thinking. how do people who don't even have a team try to yell at uss when they have no team th feel joy of pain for.

tossing bottles isn't what MLS is about. they are a wannabe english firm.

ps. GO ST. LOUIS

3. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasnt at the game, but this is why Phily should have a team. Phily teams and their insane fans are good for sports and rivalries.

4. revsfan44

revsfan44 Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Providence / Amherst
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rivalry is one thing, but when they are throwing plastic bottles at us and being a second away from a fight, that is something i cannot support.

5. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like I said, wasnt there, but every group has it's bad apples. I meant in general, Philly has great east coast style passionate fans. I want them in the league.

6. revsfan44

revsfan44 Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Providence / Amherst
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, if you we're at the game and saw what was going on, i'm sure your opinion would be different.

7. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They weren't as bad as these dudes...

[​IMG]

8. SuperRevsGooner

Aug 17, 2007
    Boulder CO (transplanted New Englander)
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was unbelievable

9. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry that today was your first impression of us. To explain the bottles...our folks didn't start it...at least from where I was standing and according to a couple of videos my guys have posted. We had purchased those 5 rows well in advance when DC was selling tickets to all groups and certainly didn't purposefully end up in the middle of your impressive travelling support.

I have much respect for Monty and you guys and am dissappointed that some good natured piss taking by both sides turned ugly near the end.

10. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    Sounds like you're a nice guy and your colors are pretty but your group's classless self promotion and vocal support for the opposing team while in our section will not be forgotten.

SOBs indeed.

11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there are 3 sides to every story ... your side, our side, and the actual truth.

keep in mind we were only took up 5 rows in section 228 (approx 80-90 people), nowhere near the amount of revs fan at the game. the DC ticket rep we worked with (who was brilliant btw), informed us we'd be between the toronto and chicago supporters, but not once was new england mentioned. that said, you won't see us come into your boards and start a "trolling" thread, so before everyone starts pointing fingers and calling names, nobody here is innocent.

i had spoken to a good half dozen revs fans during halftime, all of whom seemed very supportive of what the Sons of Ben are accomplishing in philadelphia.

and for what it's worth, most (if not all) of us applauded the revs players when they walked over after the game.

12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    always classy to fly Old glory upside down...what a dick

13. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [youtube]bkuOBRT09zs[/youtube]

Take a close look at the 12th second of that clip. That's where the bottle throwing began.

14. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't the guys in the orange jerseys just wearing their school team's jersey? They were not Dynamo jerseys, nor were they Dynamo fans.

15. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a Holland jersey.

16. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I didn't enjoy getting nailed in the head with a bottle, especially when I had nothing to do with the taunting or what-not. I was more concerned about the DC season ticket holders behind me who seemed hell-bent on starting a fight.

The ticket office should have placed them somewhere else besides in the middle of the Revs section. Having 80-100 non-revs fans in the section while a group of Revs fans were placed across the field was incredibly moronic and a slap in the face to our supporters.

I also found it classless when the Sons of Ben seemed more interested in taunting and heckling us for the entirety of the 2nd half, which included calling us the Buffalo Bills.

17. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by that clip, it's a credit to Revs supporters that you still have all your teeth.

18. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must have been sitting near some of us Philly supporters then, because I think I know the exact guy who you are talking about. He was absolutely out of control! At first I thought he was part of the Revs section and I'm thinking, "Why is he screaming at his own supporters?!?!?"

19. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree as I was hit with a navy streamer ball wrapped around a group of ice cubes. And that DC fan was WAY OVER THE LINE. He actually seemed to want a fight.

I posted on October 8th when we got our seats. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12939986&postcount=12

20. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    My brother-in-law works at the DOD...he was ready to kill someone, as was I

21. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, without trying to ruffle feathers, it's to be expected from fan bases like that.

22. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HELL NO! Those DC fans are season ticket holders and had the option to buy thier seats for the playoffs and MLS CUP Before everyone else. There were more DC fans there than both Revs and Houston fans firstly, secondly, we have a m uch larger fan base than the Revs, so of course theres going to be a large presale for DC fans. I believe 30K tickets were sold, mostly to DC fans, before the playoffs even started. Further more, its OUR stadium. Move the REVS supports, and the SOB's elsewhere. I do think it was a bad move by DCUFO and MLS to infringe upon the DC STH's by putting the supporters clubs where they did.

Far as the SOB's go, well I dont like them and never have. Most of them are DC United TURNCOATS. They will NEVER be welcome in RFK as far as I am concerned, and I will NEVER respect anyone that is disloyal.

I dunno what all went on down there, but I could see it from up stairs, and it sure looked to me like the SOB's were the ones taunting and trying to start stuff. I had a run in with a couple of them too, and they TRIED to give us crap in our own house, but it didnt work. They cant say crap because they dont have a freakin team. It was funny a cop saw this nasty exchange too, and threatened the philly scumbags with ejection if he saw them hassling DC fans one more time.

As for the upside down American Flag thing, well, has anyone honestly stopped to think that perhaps it was just a mistake and they didnt know it was on upside down? Ive seen it happen before. Sometimes things just are a mistake, nothing more.

23. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if i had had my way, they would be eating out of a straw right now.

i had seriously never hated someone (or some group) as much in my entire existance. maybe it was because of the magnitude of the match and their selfish reasons for being there, or maybe cuz they are just a bunch of complete cokcs, but seriously, the SOB's are the epitome of scum. the ugly stepchild. a vaginal discharge. Chicago fans look good compared to the gays in light blue. i hope they never have a team, and i wished them death upon the departure home.

honestly when they first showed up i was thinking "ok, these guys could be cool...", but that quickly changed.

i dont care how hostpitable and nice you are being on the threads, because all of your actions sunday prove that you are all a bunch of sad, sorry excuses for soccer fans, and pathetic souls of human beings. stop trying to put on a nice front for MLS.

may god have mercy on you, cuz i sure as hell never will.

FWIW the DC security was just as pathetic, and i wanted to punch one of them in the face as well. he was staring at me - eye contact mind you - right after i got hit in the head with a bottle, and did nothing....

24. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Well, there was also a Che flag.

It's all the rage to be unamerican in a similar fashion really, really cool hipsters used to wear designer Che shirts in 2004.

Someone should inform them the "knockout choking game" is what the cool kids like to do in their spare time. It would solve more than a few problems.

25. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You dont even have a freaking club, and you people are already going into places, causing problems, harassing people...etc. Pathetic. Stay home, or get tickets in a section that is away from other supporters groups. You really had no reason to be there, let alone to taunt any other fans, and I saw ALOT of it from your group, towards DC Fans, Towards Revs fans, and Towards houston fans as well. If any of you ever get beaten bloody at RFK, you will certainly have deserved it.

And you, my friend are a huge, disloyal TURNCOAT. What does that say about you? :rolleyes: