French hacker defaced US, UK websites

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by LiveFreeOrDie, Jul 11, 2003.

1. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    LILLE, France, July 10 (AFP) - A 17-year-old French hacker who defaced websites in Australia, Britain, and the United States with political messages has been arrested in Paris and ordered to stay away from the Internet while on parole, police said.

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons but who was known on the web under the nickname DKD, plastered home pages with messages "for example in favour of the Palestinians or against the US government," a police chief for the northern city of Lille, Eric Voulleminot, told AFP.

http://www.expatica.com/france.asp?pad=278,313,&item_id=32732

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    OMG!!! That's terrible!!!!

Maybe we should have Bush lie to the American people, telling us all that this kid has direct links to Al Qaeda and tried to buy uranium from Niger, thus giving the US good reason to invade France.

3. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie New Member

Dec 21, 2002
  4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Well, the Bush administration has exactly the same number of valid reasons to invade France as they did to invade Iraq.

Exactly zero.

Might as well attack any other country who disagreed with Dubya's desire to get revenge on Saddam because he tried to kill Dubya's daddy.

5. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    I like my Evian and Perrier thankyouverymuch.

6. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    My lord...how can you possibly top yourself??

Mind you, if the designer of those Banzai ads is French, then I'll back you up on it.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :)

8. LiveFreeOrDie

LiveFreeOrDie New Member

Dec 21, 2002
    If I would add an avatar with Clinton's picture :eek:

9. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Hopefully using large amounts of strychnine - it makes for a painful suicide.

10. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Happy Bastille Day, everyone! I'll be celebrating with a fine French vin blanc.

As for the hacker kid, who cares? Boys will boys all over the world. At least this kid is developing useful job skills and not out snorting coke and driving drunk while going AWOL from the military.

11. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Perrier is actually owen by Nestle, a Swiss company. Which is not France.