.: - Best Arabian Player - :.

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by MaRoC-2007, Aug 24, 2007.

1. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    I want to know people ideas....of who the best Arabian Player of the world is....not-including Zidane i mean because he never played with Algeria or an Arab Team...?? He played with France..so it doesnt count..

My Opinion...I think the best is the Moroccan Mustapha Hadji and many many people will probably agree with me....:)

Also..There is already a big discussion here:

http://forums.soccerfansnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=29722

Most People said M.Hadji....who scored one of the best goals in the world...a double kick from far against Egypt ( Which will never be forgotten )

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7037987716953725660

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustapha_Hadji

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Majed Abdullah, great player but he didn't come in the right time. Sami AlJaber is also close behind, I think he's the most Arab and Asian player to score in the WC (3). Also you should have mentioned Saeed AlOwairan, instead of Yasser. Scored the 6th best goal in WC history, best player in Asia 1994.

3. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Yousef Al Thanian.

4. Ismael Matar on the list!? That guy is so ineffective, he's nothing special.

5. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Majed Abdullah is nothing when comparing to Mustapha Hadji who France NT wanted him to play with them...if he accepted he would be like Zidane - known to the whole world...but instead he chose to play for his Country...

...France NT wouldnt have chosen him if he wasnt so great

Did you see that Double-Kick?? :eek:

6. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11 of the 15 players are from Africa. This doesnt belong in Asia.

Moved.

7. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other: Firas Al-Khateeb(Syria) Too bad he comes from the wrong country. Easily the best player in the Kuwaiti League for the past 4 years.

8. Kuwait league is crap though. But his 2 goals vs. Al-Zawraa (Iraq) in the ACL were very classy I must admit. His team still lost though.

9. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tellin' ya. He is always on the wrong team. Poor guy.

10. Azad-der-Bozz

Azad-der-Bozz New Member

May 26, 2007
    Zürich City
  11. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    M.Hadji 4 votes......hmmm

12. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    Who made this tread? u who did u SUCK

Ahmad Radhi Should be on it, and WIN IT, Becouse u suck and your hole country suck

Iraq Pawn your Desert country any time

Ahmad Radhi = Iraq Ahmad Radhi = Iraq Ahmad Radhi = IraqA hmad Radhi = Iraq

13. Dude, why don't you STFU. You're an embarrassment. I hope they ban you. Sad part is, you're not even a sock.

14. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Zidane wouldn't count anyway, because he's not Arab, of ancestry, language, or by birth in a majority Arab nation.

15. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Zidane is an Arab...he is Algerian brough up in France :) same as Mustapha Hadji

16. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Algerian does not equal Arab. That's like saying South African = Black, therefore making PW Botha a black man. Zidane would probably be pretty pissed if someone called him an Arab, seeing as how repressed by Arabs his people are.

17. MaRoC-2007

MaRoC-2007 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Please dont tell me what is an Arab and what isnt..because i am Arab :rolleyes: im Moroccan and my Grandmother is from Algeria....they are our Neighbours...

...and im sure that the reason you are saying he isnt arab is because you Europeans/Non-Arabs are bloody jealous of us having such a wonderful Arab player...

Also....another thing...that shows he is Arab...is when he knocked stupid Materazzi down...when he insulted his country...and that shows that he is Arab...because Arabs are known to be "hot-headed" as you call it...also he doesnt look like a Non-Arab:rolleyes:

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought Zidane is a Berber.

The best Arab player should be Rabah Madjer. Well, I just double-checked. he is also listed as a Berber.

19. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Well, obviously you don't understand what the difference between nationality and race is. Algeria is a majority Arab nation, but guess what? It also has a minority who are not Arab that were there before the Arabs. They're called the Berbers, and in Zidane's case he is a Kabyle Berber, from Kabylie. His family speaks Kabyle, not Arabic. Kabyles do not consider themselves Arab in any way. This has gotten them in trouble with the government of Algeria, that wants to impose the Arabic language and Arab culture on the Berbers. It has also gotten them in trouble with the Islamists in the country, because Berbers typically drink alcohol, listen to music, wear revealing western clothing, and are generally intellectually western. These factors have caused thousands of Kabyles to be slaughtered.

Why would I be jealous if "Arabs" had a great player? I'm pretty much an Irish/Native American mix. There aren't that many great Irish players and certainly not many Native Americans. If I cared at all that players were of my race then I wouldn't like football. But I'm not some Nazi who likes or dislikes footballers for racial reasons.

No, Materazzi didn't say anything about Zidane's country, and if he did then that wouldn't mean anything, because Zidane's family is from Algeria, but that doesn't make them Arabs, just as being from Holland doesn't make Edgar Davids white.

And don't put words in my mouth I didn't say. I never said Arabs were "hot-headed". I never said anything bad about Arabs at all. Are you on crack?

And he doesn't look like he's Arab to me. At least he doesn't look like a North African Arab. He's got wild green eyes(a trait of Kabyle Berbers) and pale skin. His recent skin hue is from tanning, not natural. Take a look at pictures of him playing in Turin, he's as pale as a ghost. If anything you could say he actually looks Persian

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't want to get into this Arab-Berber debate. Mustapha Hadji is also a Berber according to many sources.

21. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! no biasness there I assume? :D I think Saeed Oweiran is the player most people will remember. However, got to say that Mido should be on the list if Mattar is going to be.

BTW... Arabs are anyone peoples who speak Arabic as a native language so yes, anyone from Morocco to Muscat should qualify.

How about Egypt's Hossam Hassan or Saudi's goalkeeper Mohammed Al-Dayea? They should also be on the list.

22. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly haven't seen some of these guys play, but I recently saw some replays of games with Belloumi from the early 80s -- and he was really amazing to watch.

23. Ghostface

Ghostface New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I don't know much about many Arabian players, but my family comes from Iraq and I showed my dad this list and he asked how come Fallah Hassan isn't on here. Anyway that's who he says is.

24. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Infact there are no Iraqi players on this list, which I find is wierd. Iraq were, nevermind being an Arab power, an Asian power in the 80's, as they are now.

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the way there are 5 Moroccans on the list. ;)