Fox Soccer Report on Klinsmann Announcement

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by unclepaul, Dec 5, 2006.

1. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way, his next article is going to be hilarious to read, a real train wreck.

2. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    This can be posted after any one of his columns. Why now?

3. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Good point. But really for all his missteps in the past, this one really is on a whole other level.

I'd like to think he's sitting at his computer right now in the janitor's closet Fox lets him work in thinking 'Oh, snap! I'm screwed.' But I'm afraid he's thinking 'OK, how do I spin this.'

I'd also like to think this would finally get him fired, but like I wrote at the beginning of this thread, I don't think the Fox Sports editors pay enough attention to the 'Soccer Guy' to know or care about any of this. Otherwise he'd have been applying for jobs at the Pottery Barn a long tima ago.

4. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
  5. AGF Aarhus

AGF Aarhus Member

Union Berlin
    Apr 7, 2001
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Wow, players and businessmen. How about getting a source that actually works for the Fed, you moron! You know, like someone who might actually be in a position to know what they're talking about. Lifting a Cherundolo quote and talking to the regional manager at your local Big 5 sporting goods store ain't good enough.

And so long as you're a professional journalist, try learning some basic grammar. It's lovely that your sources have real solid, but what I'd like to know is real solid WHAT!!! A real solid contempt for the garbage you print?

And again, 'Our Sources'. You constantly use plural pronouns. Who is part of this besides you? I'd like a name so we can rubbish them, too.

But as for him getting blasted on his blog, that's like a like zit covered teenager getting bagged on by his computer game buddies in his mom's basement. I really don't think Fox even knows this guy is working for them.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Stunning change of mind for Klinsmann

Jamie Trecker / FOXSports.com
    Posted: 2 hours ago

Juergen Klinsmann has withdrawn his name from consideration for the U.S. national team coaching job, according to a report by the Associated Press, citing a statement from the U.S. Soccer Federation.

:) WTF ?

7. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    Which also proves in this matter that that's where these nutjobs get their information from, at least as far as the soccer world goes... which makes them less reliable than trecker...

8. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    and Steve Cherundolo