3 new German/Danish players of Iranian origin for Japan-Iran clash

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran Football Federation spokesman has confirmed that three new European-based players will be added to the Iran squad for the WCQ match against Japan in August. His confirmation followed earlier statements by Ivankovic who announced that he intends to call up several German Bundesliga players of Iranian origin including Hertha Berlin striker Ashkan Dejagah who plays for the Under-20 German national squad and is regarded by sports experts as one of Germany's future football hopes. Dejagah has stated that he is willing to join the Iranian national team, if nominated by Iran's coach Branko Ivankovic.

[​IMG]
    Ashkan Dejagah
    Club: Hertha Berlin
    Position: Striker
    National Team Experience: Germany U17, Germany U20 (7 goals, 9 assists)

[​IMG]
    Navid Dayyani
    Club: AGF
    Position: Striker
    National Team Experience: Denmark U20 (5 goals)

[​IMG]
    Alexander Nouri
    Club: VfL Osnabrück
    Position: Centre Midfield
    National Team Experience: None​

Sources in Persian (Link#1 and Link#2)

2. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Nice, nice and nice!

We are soooo gonna kick arse! Some of the youngsters will ensure depth and a good future team too.

Goooooooo Iran!

3. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    i thought he calles shapourzadeh too?

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Isnt unallowed for players who played before with another NT team to play with his other nationality team? Or is this allowed for those who played with U20 etc NT?

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Arash Talebinejad and Amir Shapourzadeh are candidates to be invited and tested in the near future.
    If you have dual citizenship, you can play for another national team as long as you've not played any U23 and/or senior level matches.

6. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I don't like this too much, the only one of these new players who has talent for TM is Dejagah, and that's it. This is very unfair to those players who were in TM during WCQ and put their heart into it, only to see players who are in reserve clubs and 2nd and 3rd division teams of Europe come take their place.

7. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    dejagah! is th ekey
    nouri, well he plays in a bad club, and hes already 25, like nekounam or any of our midfeildres are better
    shapoorzadeh why not, later on when daie retires
    dont forget oladi, borhani and yanpi! we have so much future in attack!

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    ppl ppl calm down... they are just getting called up to the camp for the test.... I'll be surprised if more than one of them makes it to TM.... btw are all of them mix or do we have pure Iranians among them?

9. DR.Ari V

DR.Ari V New Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Hoffman Estates,IL
    c i dont trust iran-e-varezeshi or any irani newspaper. they all full of lies and things that are not even close to true. remember, Hakan Sukur is comin to paas rumer!!!! how do we know this is one of them? but if it is, i think its awsome especial ashkan and navid they can probably replace daei!!

10. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    actually the Hakan sukur story was true as I read it in Turkish news.... it just didn't go through!

11. Thug Life

Thug Life New Member

Feb 8, 2002
    this should be very good for iran. :)

12. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland
    Ashkan Dejagah is born in Iran and his parents are Iranian. About Dayyani I'm not sure but I think his parents are also Iranian.
    Alexander Nouri has a German mother and a Iranian father.

This is not 100% except for Ashkan Dejagah because I had read that on official sites.

Btw Mani where did you read about Navid Dayyani getting invited to Team Melli?

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The selection of Ashkan Dejagah and Alexander Nouri have both been officially confirmed by IFF. The media sources are reporting that the third player is Navid Dayyani.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Here is an update on Navid Dayyani's invitation in Persian. The addition of all the three new players has now been officially confirmed.

Nouri meets with Zandi
    [​IMG]

Navid Dayyani
    [​IMG]

15. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Who's the guy between Zandi and Nouri?

16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Reza Fazeli who is IFF's representative in Germany. He's also Karimi and Mahdavikia's agent

17. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dayvani is a defender not a striker.

18. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    how the hell my post about sending darvish got deleted. do the mods have the least knowledge the hell i was talking about? i really really hope they all die for good. their lack of commonsense and intelligence is totally intolerable. stupid moderators. what a joke

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yu Darvish is the Iranian-Japanese Baseball player. The Iranian Baseball Federation should give him a call. :p
    The 5 goals he's scored for the Denmark U20 led me to believe that he's a striker. But you are correct, he's a left back.

20. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Left back? Hallelujah!

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm not sure if Dejagah is ready for a senior NT call-up...he's only played once as a substitute for Hertha Berlin, he's been playing in their 3rd division Amateur team. Unless you're team is really sucky (excuse me desperate ;) ), I don't see why he should be there. Even though he is an exciting talent.

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    German U19 NT must be "sucky" too cause Dejagah has been playing and scoring for them in the U19 European Championship and other major Tournaments. :rolleyes:

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And here is a central defender Iran could possibly use in the near future. :D

Ali Manouchehri, a half-Iranian player shining in Chile

24. Juve_passion redded

Mar 9, 2005
    It is obvious that Iran will teach Japan a good football lesson ;)

25. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well if he's getting called to full national team doesn't that tell you something about Germany and Iran? :confused: