Zindedine Zidane or Danny Cadamarteri- The Ravel Morrison Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Ravel apparently going on loan to the Championship after falling out with West Ham.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    interesting

I wonder how this will be viewed- West Ham being shyte or Ravel being difficult to coach

most likely a combination of both

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope it's Derby if true.

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    zXen repped this.
  5. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Very interesting and troubling article. Not happy at all the way Morrison has been treated at West Ham. I'm glad he stayed resolute and didn't sign with that dodgy agent though, that showed a lot of maturity.

6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Will be interesting to see who comes in for him in the summer. He has the talent, but I'm sure the clubs that are best suited for him will also be wary of his antics and attitude.

7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    It's going to be intriguing to see how West Ham and Allardyce respond to that article. Sounds like Ravel's agent has gone to Taylor and they must have some type of evidence to report it.

I wish Ravel had gone abroad on loan. Think it would be best for him. Style of play and new surroundings would do him good.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So now it's not just the other players, it's his manager and a dodgy agent? Dearie me!!!

9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    If this is correct then he will not be going to the Toulon tournament.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ays-hernia-operation-join-Harry-Redknapp.html

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just noticed Ravel scored two in QPRs 2-0 win today.

11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    quite about of raving about him after his performance today

12. gunner-zp

gunner-zp Member

Dec 16, 2010
    England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  13. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TBH, that's where the lad needs to be playing for the moment... somewhere where he can play every game and develop. If he's going to do anything significant he needs to be on the pitch, not on the bench at a top club.

Having said that he still seems to be over-playing and trying stuff that's unlikely to come off but we'll see.

14. khoazany

khoazany Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What the heck is Morrison doing at Championship? What an unfair advantage for QPR:rolleyes:

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Isn't it better he get some football under his belt and then work himself up from there? Makes sense...

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    He could play in the PL and do that though. Already had his audition in the Championship last season.

17. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sure he'll be playing Premier League football next season, just not with West Ham.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... and he's ended up back in it again.

Just saying!

19. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Yeah but that doesn't mean it's ideal for his development. Which is what I thought you were talking about. Obviously not.

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just think players find their own levels. This kid can have all the talent in the world, (and maybe he has), but, unless he gets his head out of his arse, he'll never amount to anything.

I think part of the problem is that the kid thinks he's a big star because he's quick and has got a few tricks when, in honesty, he's achieved almost nothing in the game. Oxlade Chamberlain is almost a year younger but has played more than twice the number of games and scored more than twice the number of goals.

At some point this kids gonna have to stop believing those around him who are telling him he should be doing this and that, (playing for this side and playing in that tournament), and actually DO something and that comes from being out on the pitch, learning your craft and realising that other players have a say in how good you look as well as what you do.

The thing is I've seen a lot of players like this come and go over the years and having the ability is only a part of the issue. The other is a willingness to learn and, by the looks of the reactions of the various managers the kid has had, that's not exactly his strong suit.

It's a shame but there we are :(

Better for him to be somewhere where he can be playing EVERY week... where the manager has no CHOICE but to get him on the pitch... and let him develop as a player and a person.

fernb8 repped this.
  21. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    There is way too much assumption in all of that imo and I don't even know what it has to do with the matter that was brought up. Certain people seem to want to assume the worst about Ravel at every opportunity. I don't know why.

22. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    The truth is that Southgate, Clark, Redknapp and even Big Sam have been glowing about his application of late, and the latter only changed his tune when this stuff about agents and coercion flared up.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's no assumptions about the guy at all in the FACT that the kid's over 21 and has played a total of just over 50 games. That's what we in the reality-based world call 'shit that's happened'.

The kid's had problems. That's just the way it is and, if I had to guess, I'd say Allardyce moved him out on loan for a reason, i.e. the same as all his other managers.

As I say, hopefully the kid will realise his life is passing him, (in terms of what he CAN achieve in the game), by and decide to knuckle under and work at his career... or not! It's up to him.
    You missed one out... Ferguson who was also a fan but also didn't want him at HIS club.

Thus my point!

The Potter repped this.
  24. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    It isn't true though is it? They went into contract negotiations but decided to sell him because his demands (probably regarding playing time) were unrealistic, and he'd have just run his contract down otherwise.

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, tbh, you're just proving my point... that the kid's expectations of what he thinks he should be doing, don't match when he can ACTUALLY achieve. When he performs week in, week out, THEN he can demand playing time and money.

If I had to guess I imagine he's being badly advised but, whatever... he comes across as someone who has a sense of entitlement which isn't reflected in his level of performance.

If he's got it in him he'll fight back to prove all the doubters wrong and, frankly, that's probably the best thing that could happen for him. Despite what some of you may be thinking, that's actually MY hope for the kid :)