YPT Camp

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by soccermom79, Apr 26, 2012.

1. soccermom79

soccermom79 Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what ages the YPT camp is for? I looked at the site, and saw that there are 3 age groups, but I couldnt find anyplace where it said what the 3 age groups were. Also, it still says check back for 2012 dates, I'm not looking at it for this summer, but is it unusual that they still wouldn't have the dates figured out? Thanks!

2. Erica9901

Erica9901 New Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Last summer, I'm pretty sure the age groups were 2001, 00 & 99, then 98 & 97, then 96 & 95...I'd guess they'll just move forward a year, adding 2002s, removing the 95s.
    I have no idea why they haven't posted the dates. My son loved it and has been really looking forward to going back, but there's no info for this summer. I sent an email asking, about 2 days ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

3. soccermom79

soccermom79 Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks! If you do get an email back, would you mind posting the dates? Thanks so much!

4. Massmom

Massmom Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Someone recently posted on our local forum that YPT was not going to happen this summer as they did not have a good experience with last year's location. Not sure if that is accurate or not. My son went a couple of times and loved it, but is too old now.

5. Erica9901

Erica9901 New Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Yep, just heard...thats too bad! My son loved it last summer.
    We will be postponing this years Residence Program. As many of you know, we were not happy with many aspects of last years location and, unfortunately, we have not had much luck in securing a location we feel would be an improvement. YPT takes pride in running world-class training programs for motivated players. We would rather postpone the program than host another substandard event. We look forward to posting informaton for the 2013 Residence Program. In the meantimne, we will be hosting several 3-day, non-residential, trainng programs in Lancaster, PA, for various age groups, throught the summer. Check back here, or our homepage, soon for a link to additional information. Thanks to everyone who has supported the Program over the last 11 years. Feel to contact us with any questions you have.

6. soccermom79

soccermom79 Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks for the information! That's too bad.

7. bajanyankee

bajanyankee Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My son liked YPT as well and has gone for the past 2 years but was disappointed that it was cancelled this year. All he talked about over the past year was how he planned on getting the Golden Boot award. I liked the training and the honest advice he was given. Oh and that fact that last year's location was about 1/2 hour from the beach :)