Youth Yanks Abroad (93s or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    http://www.fulhamfc.com/under-18s/2013_2014/cup/semi-final/home/reading

This piece confirms that Hyndman set up the winner. The player he stole the ball from was the same guy who'd drawn the PK from him at the other end.

Tom Collingsworth and USAMEX10 repped this.
  2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like Romain Gall is starting to break into Lorient's reserve team. He came off the bench four times in March and scored one goal. Prior to March, he had made one sub appearance for Lorient II in October and another last season in May 2013.

Lorient II plays in the CFA 2, which is the fifth tier of soccer in France. Looking at their roster, they have a few other 19 year olds who are playing, including one who has made the bench for the first team already. If Gall is going to work out at Lorient, I think we should be looking for him to continue to make headway into the reserve team over the last five matches of the season and then play a much bigger role next year.

Tom Collingsworth and USAMEX10 repped this.
  3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me a 19 year old if he's going to be a special talent needs to already be with the first team. If he's going to be a US national team level player eventually he probably can't have more than a year or two with the reserve team. You have to keep seeing progression. Gall needs to break into the reserve team this year and then hopefully push for a spot in the first team by next season or so. Then you can start to get excited for him as a prospect. As for where he stands with the U20s, I have no idea. The 5th tier of France is not high.

ussoccer97531 and banbaseball repped this.
  4. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arriola starts at Right Midfield tonight for Tijuana vs Cruz Azul. You watching Klinsy??o_O

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fox graphic put him as a central midfielder.

-----Benedetto-Martinez
    Corona-Arriola-Guemez-Arce
    Castillo-Pellerano-Gandolfi-Nunez
    ----Saucedo

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what Tijuana are basically playing

Martinez--Benedetto--Arriola
    Corona-------------Arce
    ------------Guemez
    Castillo-Pellerano-Gandolfi-Nunez
    ----Saucedo

30 minutes so far Arriola has had some nice touches early but Tijuana are pretty predictable and not moving the ball well. He hasn't been involved for the past 15.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least he hasn't injured himself :D

8. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From their Twitter page

Bk0UipHCQAAU8Dm.jpg

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arriola out at 54 minutes, which pretty says what the coach thought of him.

10. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says a lot about the coach too.

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Dr Pepper Dallas Cup @dallascup · 10h ago
    Player to watch Lynden Gooch U20 #usmnt @SAFCsource: GIF: Goal of the season #6: versus Fulham (u18).

http://i.minus.com/iyKAz3nv1xNQE.gif

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #962 Clint Eastwood, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    I guess I missed this earlier............................

http://owhentheyanks.com/2014/04/10/99-dallas-starlet-joins-brazilian-side-portuguesa-santista/

OWTY has learned that ’99 Dallas Texans youth product Whalen Shinn will join Portuguesa Santista Academy.

Shinn was quickly identified by the Brazilian side in 2011 and offered a five week training session. Shinn is one of many talented Dallas Texans being targeted by clubs from both South America and Europe.

[Portuguesa Santista is the first club of..................Neymar. Just sayin']

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Bottom of this TDS story about Novakovich is another notice:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/pro-prospects:-u18-mnt-signs-in-england_aid32810

Atletico Santa Rosa continues to be one of the most prominent clubs in the United States for churning out players for professional academies. The Northern California club helped develop Jonathan Gonzalez, the U.S. U15 Boys National Team midfielder, who recently joined Monterrey.

A club official told TopDrawerSoccer.com that Kristoc Camacho has also headed south of the border with the midfielder joining Club Tijuana last month. Camacho, 14 years old, plays for Tijuana’s U17 squad.

The teenager was one of the standouts from the Alianza de Futbol event in 2013 and had plenty of interest from foreign clubs. He has yet to appear for a youth national team.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Unless San Jose changes their style of play, then finishes their stadium, hires a new coach, hires development director, puts resources into their academy, starts a Quakes 2 franchise, the NoCal region will be easy pickings for any foreign team to scout and recruit players away from the region.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #965 Clint Eastwood, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  16. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Basically says Saquell Moore returned to his home contry without a definitive verdict from the coaches (a decision). He's returning to Dallas to play with teh U20 (dallas cup) after his three day trial with teh youth team of the 'Granota' team. Levante has preferred not to sign him at this time, but that is also a risk because he will have a chance to sign for other teams looking at him.

The clubs that are following the outside left back of 17 years old is Barca and Valencia--who will also be watching his performance with teh u20 team at the dallas cup like they did last wednesday (watching him) in the 'Ciudad Deportiva de Bunol?'?? Some kind of tournament he was in or something?? They mentione italy and how he weas last training with FC Dallas. Shaq's priority is to play in europe it states, preferably in Spain (Liga BBBA). Because of his abilities and his free agency, doors haev opened in spain. It then talks about his timr with the Juvenil B and then with the squad in the Divison de Honor de Miguel Angel Villafaina?? Which club are they talking about?

And it finishes off how he was noticed because his play in teh Atlantic cup, and how he's a IMG Academy product, and his ancestry is from T&T and is a son of a semipro player. In November he's turning 18.

This was a quick, crappy summary by me. :)

17. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep for the translation, but why all the "teh"s? Maybe it's just me, but seeing it more than just once in a post is really irritating...

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  19. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry--they were my personal question marks on names and topics I didn't udnerstand. I was hoping someone could clarify them for me.

20. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Worth a u21 call up... why not. Cool to see theres an age eligible player all the way over there. I wonder if the USSF are aware of him

21. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he is really serious and I doubt he is much better than the players we have anyways.

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Posted by @jond in the YA forum.......................

U19 Champions Trophy is this weekend:

With Borussia Dortmund, fans can look forward to Junior Flores. The Americans committed Borussia before the season as a perspective player. Allegedly Paris St. Germain and Liverpool were strong on the now 18-year-old midfielder is interested. Also in the midfield plays Mitsuru Maruoka, which in the 3rd League first gained experience already at the second representation of Borussia Dortmund.

http://www.fupa.net/berichte/vorerst-kein-favorit-in-sicht-145587.html

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. ckl26

ckl26 Member+

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    USAMEX10 repped this.
  24. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Damn Rubio's style is so similar to Luis Suarez. . Such a quality prospect. Obviously not saying he's as good as Suarez.

25. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luis Suarez wasn't that great when he was a U20