Your Thoughts On The Supporter Groups

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by The Manwich, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

there should totally be a group on the top level. unimaginable support could be choreographed with a solid support group on the top terrace along with existing groups at HDC.

2. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I got that covered, but everytime I have been at a Galaxy vs Chivas game and tried to light them off or gotten a few flares going, LARS starting cussing and yelling at me to knock it off.

3. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no doubt that having smoke & flares will be awesome...but what you did in that instance is do something the Front Office had asked LARS not to do, and we agreed because we want to cooperate and deepen our relationship with the FO, and you did it IN LARS' NAME.

The smart thing to do is work in incremental steps to get what is best for the supporters groups, not just shoot yourself and everyone else in the supporters groups in the foot.

Clearly, you aren't on the same page as LARS, and there's nothing wrong with that...why not do your own thing, get something else going, or get with the ACB and put your considerable talents and love of the G's to good use? You'll have to quit your LARS hate though (at least in public) because the ACB doesn't stab other supporters groups in the back and LARS doesn't stab the ACB in the back. I think they're a great group and I think they really have something good going on there. You'd be lucky to get with them.

Now that I think about it, with all the trashtalk you've been doing, they may have identified you as someone they don't want with them...I don't know, you'll have to ask them.

4. CaliforniaAlbanach

CaliforniaAlbanach New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Exeter, CA
    regardless of which section is your preference and this is not a dig at the LARS as they do tremendous work promoting not just Galaxy fans but the Galaxy brand themselves. Here are my thoughts!

We need to ALL get behind the team from the word go! I wanna make the HDC as noisy as we can, sell Hooters, Sell Kazoos, Sell whistles, encourage drums, bring back flags, scream, shout, but this can't just be LARS job.

This is the responsibility of every Galaxy Supporter, get to the games, get there early, when the teams are coming out, scream your lungs out, chant their names, (not just Beckham's) I would love to hear some Randolph or some Klein chants go up.

My idea is to make the HDC as hostile as possible for away teams to come to, you have no idea how much the fans can turn a game if the opposition canot hear themselves think and how much more the players would be lifted if they were being cheered on enthusiastically. If a player is having a bad game, lift him up with a quick round of "There's only one _________"

We have a great advantage in that the HDC is a great arena and its close into the pitch that we can make it impossible for teams to come and win here. It all starts with us though, who is willing to take up the call to arms?

5. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

O I am not in the ACB or LARS. I am more into being an extreme fan. Flares, smoke grenades, anything that will pump up my team I am willing to do. And I guess I will stop trashing LARS because they are making noise for my team which is a good thing. I say things due to the fact that I want a fan group that matches what I want in a fan group, and so far LARS has done the exact opposite.

6. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats the spirit.

For what its worth the decision to use or not use smoke/flares in the stadium isn't up to Lars, ACB or the Galaxians. Thats purely FO material. I have a feeling if you did a bit of research into everything you'd find that much of your hostility at Lars or any of the other SG's is rooted in the FO's disallowance of flares, smoke and up till recently even flag poles.

Just wait man, between Lars and ACB we'll have the HDC rocking in no time.

We're all on the same team and thank you for realizing that.

7. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant that as in, I am not going to publicly bash LARS. I still do not like them for many reasons, and the majority of these reasons have to do with attitudes and such things. And I know how FO's try to control the fan groups. They do not want lawsuits. But sometimes you have to say, up yours and have some fun with it. Even if that means stepping away from the group.

8. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea how old you are, but I'm guessing you are young.

If LARS started lighting flares randomly, something the FO has asked us specifically not to do, there would be problems. Problems we don't need.

Flares do not equal "pumping up" our team. Watch the last Chivas game from last season, when they showered the field with flares. Is that pumping up your team? No, that's just being jack-offs.

9. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    Do i need to call the waaaa-mbulance?

Just stop talking already. We get your point. The more you talk the more of a fool you become. If you don't like LARS the Galaxians are on the other side of the stadium. Enjoy being 'passionate' with them and their drumming.

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it me, or does true blue's posting remind anyone of This Guy

11. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said anything about throwing them onto the field. And they didnt throw flares, they threw smoke grenades. And that is why I said step away from the group so as to not get the group in trouble. I say this because the last thing I want is for the FO to start shutting down and disbanding fan groups. And I am 16.

12. CaliforniaAlbanach

CaliforniaAlbanach New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Exeter, CA
    OK mate, you have made your point about your feelings towards LARS, there are at least 2 other groups that might fit you better (ACB and Galaxians) If that doesnt fit you then feel free to make noise on your own or even start your own group.

Please note though, although there are seperate groups this is not a competition or a populatity contest, we are here to do one thing SUPPORT GALAXY! My preference is to do it as loud as possible.

13. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know I feel like alot of these guys who claim they wanna be like a "firm" Really don't know what it is like to be in an real fight. That is not hollywood no one stops if you are on the floor, their is no soundtrack. It is just a cluster-f of humanity and all you can think is god I hope I live. Tell you what wanna be show how tough you are go to Crenshaw and Yell the N word for no good reason. Since some think that getting in a fight for something that is not worth it means you are tough. As for me I am too old and have too much to loose to get in a fist fights over a football game. Hell if you wanna join a firm, in the US you can join Crips Bloods 18st MS or many who I am sure can accomodate your choice in lifestyle.

14. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said anything about a firm. Or gangs or anything.

And at my school there was a race riot of which my group was attacked so I am pretty sure what its like.

La Galaxy

15. projectx

projectx New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I can assure you anything that happens in a school or most of the situations here in the US are nothing like the brawls soccer fans have in Latin America. I'm telling you this because I've been in a few of both, I didn't back down, and I'm a Riot Squader

16. lagalaxytrueblue

Apr 13, 2008
    America
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well one person doesnt apply to a whole group but as I said Im not going to say anything more about LARS.

And also, Ive been in brawls and such but I admit I have never been in a full scale riot or brawl with hundreds of people involved.

17. SoCal Jeff

SoCal Jeff New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    i go to the same school and i dont remember any such race riot...except maybe two years ago, but i believe that was between the african americans and the mexicans, and was also before you came to the school...

not that this has any relevance but i figured i would just throw that out there.

18. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just drop the violence talk in general.

Violence seems to be an unfortunate theme in the posts for Mr. trueblue, which I've had the distinct displeasure of reading through for the first time this morning.

No one here is supporting violence, that much is clear. So please leave it at that -- and be aware that further posts in this vein will be binned followed by other Modish responses, if necessary.

19. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think he was talking about the big rice riot a few years back... one of my friends took a box of Uncle Bens upside the head. I had to carry him 1/2 mile to hospital.... there was spanish rice everywhere and honestly, I didn't think we'd make it out alive.

Oh, and on a related note... here's our next VP

[​IMG]

20. Crime

Crime New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Wilmington
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sat with The Galaxians a few games back in the Rose Bowl days and while atleast to me.. the incessant drumming got kinda annoying, it was waaayyy better than sitting on my ass and being quiet like the rest of the stadium and I always enjoyed the games there in their section. I dropped out of the whole soccer scene.. had too much going on and no time but last season finally came out to a few games again and met LARS. Great bunch of guys all of them... there are some characters but its expected with such a big group. My only complaint would be that maybe a bit cliquish which I think is just cuz a lot of the guys have been in LARS for a long time and know eachother and have formed their little circle of friends within LARS... kinda made me feel like I was in high school again HAHAHA which was hard for me cuz I hated that whole clique thing and trying to fit into one back then so if anything thats more a personnal issue of mines and has no bad reflection on LARS at all. I have not a single bad thing to say bout any of them... in fact looking forward to some pre game pints at Red Car when the season starts again. The last couple games I sat with ACB.. song/chant wise I think a cross between LARS and Galaxians but what I liked bout them, and this again is more a personnal thing, the group is smaller and newer so they dont have that cliques feel to them.... yet (give it time HAHA but by then.. I'll feel like part of one) Also I knew one of them (have for a few years... had no idea he was a fan lol) and while I didnt personnaly know the band he plays in... Ive seen them around so I felt instantly more comfortable with them which would have taken me time with LARS. Over all... all 3 groups are awesome! If your a Galaxy fan... you just gotta go with the one you feel comfortable with... like their style (although Im not to sure bout ACB's wear white thing =P HAHA) and just chant and sing your ass off!
    Cheers and Beers

21. bon8017

bon8017 Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Angel City Brigade
    I stand with the Angel City Brigade but this is my idea and I have not discussed it with anyone in the ACB. The Pan Pacific Championship is February 21st. What if we combine all three groups just for this match. We tailgate together, walk in together and even sit together. I just hate to see such animosity between the groups when there doesn’t need to be any. Since it’s an exhibition match, we could set aside whatever differences exists between the groups and just cheer on our Galaxy Team together as fans. It will be like the bus trip to San Jo only no one gets left behind and there isn't a 9 hour drive back home afterwards.

22. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread started early 2006 about a totally different subject. We really have got to refocus here as it no longer has any relevance in 2009.

Let's let this one die and if you have an idea/question/gripe, then start a new thread.

Thanks.

tommy mack
    lars