Your Thoughts On The Supporter Groups

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by The Manwich, Aug 23, 2006.

1. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    taco jones is taco jones, and taco jones doesn't concern himself with such discussion anymore.

2. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just have one word for the groups: COMBINE.

Just my opinion

3. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People: LARS will grow. That is a certainty. It is growing now. And with growth will come bigger, harder decisions that they'll have to make in time regarding direction. We all know that being in 138 probably can't be a long-term solution in 10 years' time and that a larger "supersection" behind a goal would be the only way to continue. But what happens to all the season ticket holders already there? What would the FO do with them? There are many logistical issues to EVENTUALLY workout, but are simply not necessary now.

On of the reasons DC and Chicago had it easy was because they started from DAY 1 of their team's existence and due to the fact that they were in huge NFL stadia, they could park themselves on the 50 yard line in the front row. They also had great support from their respective FO's.

LARS has only been around since 2002 and only recently have we enjoyed cooperation with the G's FO. Bottom line, there may not be a "plan", but there certainly is a path... and it's being taken. We'll be prepared for what happens next.

On the whole, I'm pleased that people do have opinions (positive and negative) about the LA Riot Squad because it means that you have some kind of feelings about it. And that's always a good thing for the G's.

Once again, everyone is always invited to Lot 13 pre/post game... everyone is invited to stand and sing in Section 138... everyone is invited to post on the LARS forums (no, you don't have to be a "member")... and everyone is invited to do what we are all here to do: support the LA Galaxy.

Sincerely,
    Tommy Mack

PS: I do not officially represent LARS. All views expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect that of the Riot Squad.

4. el cucharon

el cucharon Member

Mar 17, 2003
    friendship village
    You certainly give off that impression

5. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I go to England, I love to talk about and prop up California... but I'm not elected to any office nor am I paid by the state to do so.

I'm passionate about the Galaxy and the LA Riot Squad and know a little bit about both. That's all.

Oh, and a Type A personality helps.

tm

6. stopper

stopper Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Thanks. I'm bad with names.

7. Crazy Eights

Crazy Eights New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Nor, do I know who you are angry guy. I guess that makes us even. Listen... to... the... words... that... are... coming... out... of... my... keyboard...

TommyMack and Nines have it right. LARS is growing, changing and at the moment, does not have the wherewithall to grow beyond what it is... a partyzone society... and as I opined... why should LARS Change?... it really is great the way it is.

What part of that don't you agree with...?

As Nines said, "LARS is LARS. It’s a great respite from ordinary life and a great two plus hours of soccerdon life." So... um... chill out and show up to more games... the HDC needs your venom.

And as relates to your left... right and 007 conspiracy theories... I'm sure someone in LARS will be willing to discuss your political paranoia. Sorry, ummm, but... I'm just not able to answer your concerns, Agent Moulder.

So, as a general announcement, and before Stopper or anyone else from LARS takes offence... Can we please just get this clear...

LARS IS GREAT. LARS IS WHAT LARS IS. LARS IS WHAT THE HDC NEEDS.

That is the truth as I see it. I stand with LARS from time to time... drink... and have fun. It would be cool if LARS could/would grow beyond 138... but if not, who cares. LARS is as Nines said... A "Great Respite From Ordinary Life and a Great Two Plus Hours of Soccerdon Life."

I only wish I would have said it first.

So, Stopper, Please spend the first part of your day at Bed, Bath and Beyond... then enjoy a Beer Bong in Lot 13. 138 Needs you. The HDC needs you. The Galaxy needs you.

I will stand with LARS from time to time... if you ever show to a game... you won't know who I am, nor will you care too, nor will it really matter. I'll just add my voice and passion. And that is the beauty and purity of LARS. Passion.

People in 113... and all sections along the sidlines need help.

Nines... look for my pm.

p.s. I do not speak for season ticket holders in section 113, I do not officially represent Section 113, my wife, my friends, people I do not consider friends or people who are looking for another way to support the G's. I think TommyMack has proposed that... All views expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect that of any one else...

8. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Classic. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

We gotta have a drink together.

tm

9. stopper

stopper Member

Nov 17, 2000
    Rancho Cucamonga
    Let's not start getting pissy here, Crazy Eights. These are your opening statements on the topic. I'm not an "angry man", but your comments annoy me. You come across as a know-it-all who makes a statement, insults people, then when he finds he misspoke tries to back off from his words and tries to make the insulted party the bad guy here.

Why do you think my concerns about structured membership is fear of a conspiracy theory? Why is concern called paranoia? What's with the 007 and Agent Moulder reference?

In my opinion, you've formed an incorrect and negative opinion of the RS, and need to be corrected when you post these thoughts and infer things that insult us and makes us look bad.

And it is "clique" by the way.

I don't understand your Bed, Bath, and Beyond statement, or your "ever show up" statement, either. I suppose that was an attempt to be cheeky and insulting.

Obviously, you don't know me. You've got the wrong impression of me. I'm a good timer that everyone that's been in the RS for a long time knows as such. I'm not a mean, aggressive turd. I'm just reacting to what you've said. If you ever go to 138 "from time to time" you don't have to worry about me approaching you and getting on your nerves. When You decide to come over, have a good time. Stand and sing.

10. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Having been in the Galaxians for a long time I can simply say that it's normal for people to want to support the team in different ways even creating different groups, and I really don't see anything wrong with that if we're all trying to impact the atmosphere in a positive way at games. We just need to have a little bit of torerance for each group's differences.

DC United and Chicago were successful when forcing their supporter's groups to sit together, which is what happened at the Chivas away game earlier in the season between LARS and the Galaxians. For a variety of reasons this hasn't happened at Galaxy home games, which probably has more to do with economics than anything else, but also includes the style each group brings. It would be nice to someday see the south zone entirely filled with an entire section of standing fans!

Many people feel that the Galaxians and LARS have some kind of rivalry going on, that's not really the case. The biggest complaint is the drumming, but as much as some people hate it others love it, including many players.

For those that enjoy the drumming, jumping, chanting, feel free to join the Galaxians anytime you wish. You can join us before the game, tailgating in lot 13 in front of the firestation or join us during the game, many people end up coming over during half time, just introduce yourself to someone. That's how easy it is to enjoy a game Galaxian style.

BTW we are often labeled as family friendly, be prepared to hear PG13 chants though, especially if you know spanish.

Good luck to LARS, the Galaxians and anyone else looking to show the Galaxy the support they deserve!!!!

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    wtf are you talking about?

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    All of your supporters sections are next to one another, hence his "sit together".

At the HDC there' are about 3 or 4 sections between LARS and the Galaxians, so it doesn't appear to be one giant section as it does in DC.

13. guyatwork37

guyatwork37 New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    First off, everyone who calls LARS is "elitist" and "cliquish" needs to grow a sack. I have heard over the last few years that people are opposed to standing with us because we refuse to let them in becasue we think we are too cool for school. I find this to be a huge heaping pile of bullshit. I went with my buddy to the opening Galaxy game at HDC and sat in the bleachers. We saw some group chanting and clapping and said - "well shit, that looks like fun" and at the the next game we simply walked down there at half time, said high and just started singing along. The songs are easy, simple and for the most part entertaining. It has been 4 years for me now. I'll be honest, I probably would have lost interest in going and would have watched the games on tv had it not been for LARS, it simply makes it more fun for me. The key words here are "FOR ME". If this isn't your cup of tea, that's fine, just enjoy the game and support the Galaxy. I can understand if you don't want to stand with LARS, but not if it is for some BS reason such as "they seem elitist". If that is the case, slap on a pair and just say hi.

Secondly, I have no problems with the Galaxians, albeit the drumming can get annoying, but there are other people drumming besides them. To be honest the PA bothers me more than the Galaxians's drum.

Thirdly, WTF is with the "Riot Squad We Are Hear" chant every 10 minutes. Once a half at most, please. We announced our presence, the crowd knows we are he, they ********ing get it. That has really bothered me this season.

And lastly, why does everyone bring up this "be like South American fans" or "be like English fans" crap. Last I checked, we are in America, not Mexico, not Argentina, not Italy, not England. I don't want to be like anyone else. Just go out and enjoy the game is my policy. This doesn't mean we can take some good things from the english fans or hispanic fans, but why the hell do we have to emulate everyone else, instead of just doing what we do?

BTW, I have been in the squad for 4 years now. I used to post alot on the boards but got slighly phased out when they told me to stop using the internet so damn much at work. I stand at every game I can. When you see Jamesey and Adam, I am usually the third guy with them. If you have an issue with what I have said, come tell me. If you want to say hi and ask what this is all about, come say hi. You'll get back a cheery smile and some nappy hair.

~Roman

14. galaxycrazy

galaxycrazy New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Yes, thanks that's what I meant maybe I shouldn't have used the word force.
    The point is it seems to work though.

15. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    BTW first game of the seaon in '03 I somehow got 138 tickets (at the top of the section) and I was like oh damn it's the Riot Squad section they'll make fun of me cuz I am not wearign a Galaxy shirt, don't know the songs, aren't a sesaon ticket holder etc. Well there was none of that. Tommy Mac would run up the and down the section after every goal giving everyone high fives, the chants were easy and if you don't join in no one will kick your ass. And if you go to the back to sit, noone will make fun of you either. As for openness these two dudes came at halftime and asked if they could join in. Noone in LARS has seen them before but they were welcomed and got right into it.

16. fantasyexctasy

fantasyexctasy New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OC
    Does shitvass ussr's La Legion have any type of membership?

17. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No idea. But as mentioned earlier, most of Legion1908 were Chivas Fans (and many in the REAL Legion 1908) long before MLS started.

tm

18. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Hello,
    my name is Sandro and I have been with the Galaxians since 1998. Why the drumming and chanting in Spanish? Most of us are from Latin America and we want to recreate the atmosphere at games that we grew up in. That's how we showed support for the team we love back home, therefore that's how we are going to show support for the new team we love, the Galaxy, at our new home, the United States. We also have several members of non-hispanic background. But all of our chants aren't in Spanish, we have a lot of chants in English.
    We get together to tailgate a few hours before the game on lot 13 at the parking lot and tailgate a few hours after the game at the same spot too. There is no formal membership, everybody is welcome. We used to have a family oriented rule, but some of our chants can be rated as pg-13.
    If you have any questions about us, or would like to give us a try, please feel free to come over during the games or at the tailgating before and after the game. You will be more than welcomed.
    You can also visit our web site where we answer a lot of questions, we also have a message board:
    http://www.galaxians.com
    Sandro

19. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    Just my opinion, but I would say at this point that the Riot Squad is going to struggle to survive next season.

The group had a very different feeling at the Chivas game and it wasn't a good vibe. In the early years, 99% of the people were their to have a good time, support the Galaxy and enjoy the company of a bunch of new friends. At this latest game, it seemed like a bunch of newbies thought they could do whatever the hell they wanted because 138 is a free-for-all. Uh, wrong.

It seems a few have taken the name Riot Squad a bit too literally. Acting like a hardass and starting crap with Chivas fans is stupid and doesn't do any good for anybody.

It's pretty sad to see what has happened despite the efforts of certain people to keep it going.

20. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. It's not what it used to be, but it isn't supposed to be a time capsule with cryogenically frozen men from the late 90's, is it?

The Riot Squad will be just fine. Seriously. It will be different. It may lose people and gain people, it may not look like what it used to look like, but it'll be just fine.

Things change. It's the nature of the world. You may have noticed this in other aspects of your life. Why should a soccer supporters group be any different?

So, what will it change to?
    It's up to you, so take some frackin Zoloft and settle yourselves.

Don't give up on it...be it...
    ...And for craps sake people stop moaning about it.

Sack up, ye disaffected and surprisingly rather sensitive punks.
    Make it what you want it to be.

21. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    Yeah, thanks for the psychoanalysis that I didn't ask for. The point I was making is that many of the newbies think 138 is a free-for-all with no rules and no consequences. That is what almost killed the Squad a few years ago and with many of the original long timers gone for whatever reason, it will be that much harder to save face with the FO.

22. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went looking for your website but no luck. Is there a new date to go live?

23. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. CDM76

CDM76 Member+

May 9, 2006
    Socal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Shooter00

Shooter00 New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    California
    A very interesting thread. We'll be fine. Do you remember the words you typed a year ago ? No one cares. We are the Riot Squad and we "tickle" your women...get it right.

Hello,
    my name is Sandro and I have been with the Galaxians since 1998. Why the drumming and chanting in Spanish? Most of us are from Latin America and we want to recreate the atmosphere at games that we grew up in. That's how we showed support for the team we love back home, therefore that's how we are going to show support for the new team we love, the Galaxy, at our new home, the United States. We also have several members of non-hispanic background. But all of our chants aren't in Spanish, we have a lot of chants in English.
    We get together to tailgate a few hours before the game on lot 13 at the parking lot and tailgate a few hours after the game at the same spot too. There is no formal membership, everybody is welcome. We used to have a family oriented rule, but some of our chants can be rated as pg-13.
    If you have any questions about us, or would like to give us a try, please feel free to come over during the games or at the tailgating before and after the game. You will be more than welcomed.
    You can also visit our web site where we answer a lot of questions, we also have a message board:
    http://www.galaxians.com
    Sandro

Huh ?

Can I sit next to the guy with the gumball machine on his head ? Is that South American, support ?