Your Boots [12]

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by Skizz, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I have nothing against Adidas but... it seems like their soccer cleats are going downhill....

My first Adidas was the pulse in SG, they had good soft leather and I thought the vamps actually did something(minor)... I have had them for 2+ years now, I wear them only when the ground is wet or moist... So they do take a beating... They still look pretty new, the leather is not tearing, just a little dirty from the dirt.

My buddy used to wear the F50 (not tunits), the leather looked and felt extremely soft~ They were not heavy and were pretty stylish (at least for Spiderman! LOL).

Nowadays I see lots of complaints with the new preds, the tunits are no good (imo. its just a big gimmick and marketing scam)... really the only good shoes they have are the adipure now...

and my older friends (30+ yrs old Adidas fans) still wonder why I love Nike more... The vapor IVs are stunning (duno how good they are since I haven't played in them) but my Vapor III has been really good (fav cleats). Have a pair of Strikes and they are really comfortable, I use them for training and friendly games. The Strikes might not have K-leather but the calf leather softened after like 2-3 matches and they feel more than an $80 boots. I also have Air Legends I that I bought for $50 that I haven't even used, but many many people have them and love them.

The only thing is Nike's new Laser II which are pretty ugly, but if the leather is good and it's comfortable, then no complaints cuz I prolly wont be buying them anyway.

PS: I know I sound like a Nike fanboy but I don't dislike Adidas. I just felt that the new Adidas cleats are only half of what they were before... Anybody else feel the same?

2. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I have a friend who works for adidas and he gives me crap for all the nike and puma stuff i have. truth is, i've been put off by them because the last adidas boot i bought was tunit.6. comparitively, the tunits are blown away by my other boots. I have pulsion tf's which are not bad, but comparatively, they have absolutely nothing on my pumas (v3.6 in, v1.6 trainer).

long story short, i think the tunit line is crap (but improving drastically) and that is bogging down the stock of adidas. ontop of that, the other boot companies are stepping their game up in a serious fashion. Even umbro's sx valor storm's are lookin like nice boots. Adidas has the adipure and i'm thinking the ps's are bombing, so the absolutes to compete with puma's velocity line and konstrukt line; nike's mercurial line, t90 line, and tiempo line; lotto's stadio and zhero lines... and the list goes on. adidas hasn't done much to step their game up with the other companies.. they're just riding on the backs of kaka and beckham.

3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've got to agree with you guys there - Nike has really been impressing me with their line of boots lately - especially compared to Adidas.

The Predator, to me, is a dead boot. It's chunky, there is to much crap quality synthetic, and the vamps add unnecessary thickness while adding very little effect. I'm not quite sure what the boot is anymore. Is it leather? Is it synthetic? WHats the point of the random little vamps? No amount of metal powder in the sole can make up for it...

Meanwhile, Nike launched the Laser range, which for me, completely blows the Predator away. The Laser line has had bold bright designs. The synthetic on the boots are top notch and are about as supple as Adidas leather, if not more so....and now Nike have even improved their leather version of the Laser. Then one can move on to how much more effective the Laser vamps are to the Predator vamps...and how Nike integrated an effective cooing snytem into the design!

Then I can go on to the Legend...which I am absolutely loving...I can't stop wearing the boot to football. The leather is superb and the heel counter definitely makes my foot feel more secure in the boot. The air zoom unit then adds extra comfort.

I'm not even going to talk about the Tunit....

The Adipure of course looks promising...but as far as Adidas's other modern boots go...not going in the right direction.

4. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Amen! I used to love predators, but over time I grew more and more disappointed with them. I haven't bothered trying on the Powerswerves and don't think I will. I went through a period of loving Nomis boots. Obviously they were hugely influenced by preds, but they addressed some of my complaints with preds, mainly the amount and quality of leather. Nomis has its own issues (and are near impossible to get in the US) so I tried the Nike First2 on a whim - fantastic stuff. I was shocked that I liked it since my only prior Nike experience was excrutiating pain from trying on a pair of Vapor 1's for a few seconds. They changed my opinion about Nike.

I haven't totally given up on Adidas. I bought a pair of Mundial Team Turfs last month and they are great. Adipures dont fit me, but they seem like a good boot. Adidas really needs to examine what they are doing with the pred and F50 lines before they ruin their brand identity. When I think of Adidas, I think of well designed/well manufactured boots (a la the Copa). That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

5. kommienzuspadt

kommienzuspadt New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    i have to chime in - as a former adidas fanboy i am disappointed by the tunits and the powerpulses dont really interest me. i actually quite liked the absolutes, however - i have 2 pr that fit me amazingly and are very comfy. the adipure is looking good too - however for my summer rec league i just bought a pair of k leather 1.06s (70 bucks - a steal) and will probably stick with puma unless the adipures fit my foot. i still think the copa is the best boot ever - it just isnt right for my foot.

6. nidron

nidron New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    You're all wrong!

You can't compare lasers to predator. I can agree in one thing. The lasers has a better design. But in comfort, Predator wins!!

And when it comes to the classic boots. I think the adipure is much better than the legends. The legends are so clumsy.

And now, the speed boots. There are no speed boot that has the same comfort as the tunit ones. If you say that vapor has a good comfort, you have something wrong in your head! haha, :)

To round off this, i can just say that nike has a better design, but in comfort adidas clearly wins!!!

I also hope you can excuse my bad english. haha, working on it :rolleyes:

7. kommienzuspadt

Apr 15, 2007
    i do think the abs are very comfy, but my pulses arent that comfy and the leather is rather stiff. plus puma makes some very comfy and soft cleats. i do agree though most nike cleats ive tried on were not very comfy (the supremacies pinched terribly) and didnt fit my feet... i also think the legends look kinda clumsy but they appeal to me more than any other nike boot.

8. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i haven't tried the powerswerves yet but i have last year's DBs and i absolutely can't stand them, they retailed for $200 and i got the thru a hook up for $100, had i paid full retail i would have been pissed. they are uncomfortable and i have to completely argue against the above statement that the Preds win in comfort.

9. kommienzuspadt

Apr 15, 2007

ive never worn synthetic boots so i dunno how the DBs feel but the leather abs that i have feel great, honestly feels like a glove. maybe you got poorly sized shoes? if they dont fit your foot no shoe will be comfortable.

10. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    IMO, Adidas should dump the whole Tunits thing and starting making proper soccer cleats again. Bring the old spiderman F50 back, soft leather and simple light cleats. I thought the F50.7 were good looking, so if they made some soft k-leather F50.7 that are not bulky like the synthetic and without the tunit outsole, it would've been a good start.
    The new F50.8 is just a joke... why do I need a window on my shoes? And the synthetic felt extremely cheap... I feel bad for the pros who have a contract with Adidas...

The pred line should go back to the mania era. Stop putting so much crap on it... the vamps can stay but should be made smaller(ie pulse). No powerpulse thing pls... it is a dumb useless gimmick that only makes the boots heavier... The new design is pretty good looking already so just keep things simpler...

Pred vs Laser
    F50 vs Vapor
    adipure vs legends.

Thats a good line up for Adidas. Make some proper cleats!

Nike is making some really good cleats in the coming future... if Adidas doesn't sharpen up their game, then Nike will continue to takeover the market. Super Ligeras(super classy and soft leather), new Ronaldinho(looks ok and the leather looks extremely soft).

11. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    ROFL NEWBIE TROLL! let me feed you.

Do you have both the Legends and the Adipure? I do. They are both really nice boots, I don't think the Legends are clumsy. care to elaborate?

Lasers are KNOWN for their comfort, hence I use mine for training. why do you think the preds are more comfortable? Because you have the preds and not the Laser so you WANT the Preds to be more comfortable? No one think the Preds are bad, they could be better.

as for the Tunits... are you sure you don't work for Adidas? Tunits = comfort??? They are the most uncomfortable boots I have worn. It's good if you work for Adidas, honestly, now you can tell to your boss' face how ************ the Tunits really are. The insoles are hard as rock, the synthetic is as bulky as an American SUV, the lace cover is so thick and hard... The Tunits idea is good and probably making money for Adidas, but they are poor in execution. When they find a better way to use the Tunits idea while making them comfortable and light, then maybe they'll be good. To be honest, I don't have the F50.8 so I base my decision on the F50.7(guess what I have a pair too). I wanted the F50.8 to be good. but they are ugly and the material suck... at least I tried.

And I think there's something wrong with your brain... I wear Vapors all the time, do you even have a pair? in fact lots of people wear the Vapors on these forums. Before you say Vapors are uncomfortable, get yourself a pair.

Kid, before you say anything is no good, first you must have used them first.
    No one is hating Adidas here, in fact we want them to succeed hence we are making suggestions as to how to improve them.

BTW something for you to troll on, I don't have powerswerve, because they don't fit me at all. So maybe you can b*tch at me for not owning powerswerve and bashing it. I like the powerswerve's design, but they went too far with the big vamp and crazy powerpulse idea.

move along ppl. nothing to see here

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Do I think nidron is an adidas fanboy. Hmm...

13. iamaredneck13

iamaredneck13 Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    the F50.7 really weren't bad boots in my opinion i liked them a lot more than the 1st and second gen f50s in my opinion and yes i have had all of the f50s besides the .6 because i took a look at that toungue and that material and knew it wasn't what i wanted out of a pair of boots. . . . . the .7 is definately a step up from the .6. . . . i think that the synthetic really isn't as bad as people make it out to be but i think it could be a lot better i personally prefer the kng 75 and kng 100 of nikes cleats to the synthetic of the f50s. . . . still after a couple of training sessions the f50.7 does become very soft imo. . . . i really like my clima cool upper as it is 10 times softer than the normal upper and it allows my feet to breathe which is something the normal .7 uppers do not do. . . your feet bake in them especially on field turf. . . . i think the comfort is not all its cracked up to be w/ the .7s and i have tried both the clima cool chassis and the comfort chassis and i hope they fixed it in the .8s. . . still it could be worse i feel they are more comfortable than the early vapors i have tried especially the k leather versions i personally don't know about the newer version (III & IV) so i won't comment. . . . despite this i still use them for training on the field turf because they hold up but i have moved on to wearing k leather boots because i like the touch of them to synthetic but thats a personal choice . . .overall the f50.7 was not my favorite boot but it isn't my least favorite if you get my drift. . . .

i'm done my rambling now

14. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    in a way, you are being just as ignorant as he was in his post. because in my experience with tunit if you get the right size, they are really nice and comfortable. edit: i feel like the guy above me, while not the greatest cleats, they get the job done.
    OT
    anyway i think people should stop blaming the boot for the ************ touch, and actually go out and get better.

15. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    nah thats not really rambling, they are your opinions and they seem reasonable. I tried to like my F50.7 but the synthetic upper is just ************ compare to the vapor(imo). You should try the newer versions of the vapor. The III and IV are pretty similar imo (I have both) the fit on the IV is bigger, so it will fit wide feet better... but if you can fit in the III, then it would be a good deal cuz they are cheap now. I have been wearing my III for almost a year now, they have been really good.

lol

16. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I don't get it. How is that ignorant? The only way you can call me ignorant is because I don't own the powerswerve and I am bashing them.

I have a pair of F50.7, I feel I have the right to criticize them. I got the right size, I tried 3 difference sizes before I bought them, I didn't just order "my size" on the internet. I am not gonna repeat myself as to why I dislike the Tunits.

If you're saying that we are blaming the boots for the touch... try doing a find/search on this page... there's no mentioning that the boots are affecting our touch... We were just tlaking about the problems with adidas boots (IN OUR OPINION) and ways to fix them IOO.

curse these Adidas Fan boys... I admit I love Nike more than Adidas... but I was actually thinking about how to improve Adidas' cleats and exchangin ideas with my fellow bigsoccer'ers. If you have nothing better to say then calling me ignorant and no brain, then don't bother to say anything at all.

[edit] anyway this need to stop. if you want to bash me, send me a pm. let us go back to discussing our boots and ways to improve them.

17. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    my biggest problem with the earlier tunits wasn't the synthetic. call me crazy, but i thought the .7's were rather nice. my problem was the incredibly stiff chassis. I've taken a look at the new tunit system and it seems that has improved, however, i doubt that they will ever compare in flexibility to a traditional molded boot. the reason i posted this was because someone said the tunits were comfortable. maybe the current versions are, but the earlier versions were not. I'm not really a nike fanboy, although i own a pair of supremacies (which are quite nice once they break in), a pair of legends (no adidas boot i've owned, tried on or borrowed have come close to these), and a pair of ftII (a $50 pair of turf shoes which is comparable to $90 turfs-pulsions).
    What should adidas do?
    Adidas should change the tunit line back to the f50 line, keep the design of the f30's (f30.7's are sexy looking)... except offer it in fullgrain and k-leather. drop the price. $130 for k-leather f50s, and $70 for full grain leather f30's.
    Predator should go back to the accelerators. i loved the feetyouwear technology.... :(

When it comes to boot companies, I have to say i'm more of a puma fanboy than anything else. go buy a pair of velocity line has literally changed what i look for in boots. u feel barefoot in v1.06's. even the v3.06's i have are better than most boots i've spent twice as much money on.

18. BlackKratos

BlackKratos New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Moscow right now.
    Agreed. I'm a puma fanboy, what with the past two pairs of puma boots being nothing short of excellent.

..and for all intents and purposes, when wearing the V1.0six, you're virtually barefoot. No reduction of power, no cushioning, no bumps or anything like that to hinder you... just the edge of the boot digging into the ground; and if you dont mind that, then its all good.

19. nidron

nidron New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I just said what I thought of the boots. And for your information, I own all the boots i have written about. So I have tried the boots I'm talking about.

I'm sorry if you became that angry, haha:).
    Didn't thought it was going to wake such a reaction.

And maybe I was a little bit negative when I came to the nike boots. But I don't like when people say that the adidas boots are not good. Beacasue I think adidas makes the best soccer boots. But that's probably becasue they fit my foot so good.

Peace ;)

Nidron

20. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

anyone know what these are? i found them at my grans in the closet. i think they were my dads but that would mean they would be at least 13 years old.

21. Singapotralian

Singapotralian New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    perth,aussie
    those are sexy along with my world cups

22. foehammer

foehammer New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Cali
    i just got the adipures adn they are so sick!
    il post picks soon
    i got em' for 110 at soccerpro in san jose for you cali pple
    since i play for the de anza force i got a fatty discount

23. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Just thought I would put up a pic of my boot collection.
    [​IMG]
    I used the Legends until I got my V1.06K. The V1.06 are almost to small so I tried making the switch to 8US Vapor 3 but I keep getting blisters so I tried switching to 8.5US F50.8 but I always seem to go back to my V1.06K even though my toe is just about pokeing through them.

24. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    fixed it.

v1.06K is so hot if i were a potroast, i'd be done.

25. CRonaldo28

CRonaldo28 New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal