Your 2014 US World Cup Line-up

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by GrandaddyFranco, Jun 26, 2010.

1. USfootballer89

Mar 6, 2008
    new orleans
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luis Gil and fafa will be on our 23 man roster. Book it

2. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek::eek::eek: Donovan and Dempsey clearly disagree and Torres, Holden, and Edu disagree as well. He's not that type of talent, he does the dirty work but is not very talented. He plays non-stop because daddy the coach. He won't be a starter come 2012 unless daddy coach.

3. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Guzan

Garza------Gonzalez ---------Opara --- Bornstein
    Gyau --- Bradley--------Renken--- Dempsey
    ---Agudelo---------Altidore-----------

Subs:
    Donovan
    Davies
    Adu

4. HoosierToon

HoosierToon New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Hoboken
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idiocy has to end............why are so many people here so down on Michael Bradley?

If Sir Alex or Jose were managers of USA Michael Bradley would be playing 90 minutes a match......so then what?

5. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    Rather than listing a straight lineup, it might be more useful to discuss players that will be back, players that may burst on to the scene, etc.

To me, a few "new" guys to watch to really get a look in the next cycle: Brek Shea, Tristan Bowen, Marcus Tracy, Mix Diskerud, Luis Gil, Sebastian Lletget, Eric Lichaj, Ike Opara, Tim Ream, Omar Gonzalez, Kevin Alston, Geoff Cameron, Jermaine Jones (you never know), Alejandro Bedoya, Gale Agbossoumonde and I am sure there are others (help me, people!).

Also, two players that are supremely talented and really need to get their club situations worked out: Jozy Altidore, who had flashes of brilliance in this cup but was inconsistent, and one Freddy Adu.

6. Howard the Drake

Feb 27, 2010
    It will be interesting to see if people continue to be retarded about Michael Bradley when his father isn't coaching the team anymore.

7. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    People need to stop and relax. For anyone to be dissing M.Bradley you have not watched the games.

8. Perguanov

Perguanov Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Llletget, Luis Gil, Agudelo, Opara and Agbossoumonde....and Corben Bone (future 10?)

9. The Clientele

The Clientele Member+

Portland Timbers
    Jun 25, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy, dude. The comment above is WAY out of line. Show some respect.

10. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're ostensibly talking about 4 years from now........
    I don't know enough about the "up & comers" to comment intelligently, but the one thing I DO EXPECT is an entirely different defense corps-including keeper.

Cherundolo was the only back who looked like he occasionally belonged-and I'm not sure Howard would be a lock to start either given his age at the time.

I do think Holden deserves a shot at that point, and I guess I like Bradley a lot more than some. Feilhaber is either on the come, or the world's biggest tease-I can't seem to make up my mind, but he has the time to show up or out as a starter.

I pray Davies makes it back, and we end the Adu-lation one way or another by giving Freddie a look up front or moving on entirely.
    I'm not a supporter of Jozy, but understand the pickings on the horizon look extremely slim right now.

Hard to say at this point if LanDo & Clint would be worth counting on by then enough to start, but I hope they still have decent service left to at least contribute by the time we blame it all on a new coach.......or Rio.........

11. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    there is no point, and no real ability to pick just the exact starting 11. it is impossible 4 years out.

i think it is more interesting to pick a 3 deep depth chart at each position.

GK: Howard, Robles, Hamid
    LB: Alston, E Holden, Kitchen
    CB: Gooch, Opara, Agbossoumonde
    CB: Gonzalez, Ream, Zavaleta
    RB: Spector, Franklin, Lichaj
    CM: Jones, Edu, Jeffries
    CM: Bradley, Torres, Lletget
    LM: Holden, Navas Cobo, Diskerud
    RM: Depmsey, Bedoya, Gyau
    ACM: Donovan, Feilhaber, Renken
    ST: Altidore, Bowen, Agudelo

and even that is a crap shoot, and i doubt if out of that 33 i even get half of the 23 for 2014 right ...

but i will say this ... there are anywhere between 20-30 very very very talented youngsters (under 20 years old) right now in and around various national team pictures. i don't think there has ever been so much young american talent in the pipeline.

2014 may be too soon to really see the effect of this, but 2018 i imagine our roster will have a talent level like we have never seen before.

12. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Michael Stephens will be on the team in 4 years as well.

13. Alexisonfire

Alexisonfire Member

Jun 30, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Bornstein played very good today and ok versus Algeria too. Thats a good sign for the future. Who knows, he could develop more...

14. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows....but anyone that isn't putting M. Bradley in their lineup is crazy...if he's healthy he's probably our best player in 2014. Probably headed to a Champions League team.

And too many automatic Adu additions....no club team in Europe really wants him but he's going to start for us? He's going to have to prove it.

I want to see a rock solid defense, anyhow anyway and depth at defense also.

Donovan and Dempsey will be there in 2014 as starters, their last chance.

15. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 23 Subject to change over the next 4 years of course:D

1.Howard
    2.Guzan
    3.B.Hamid
    4.Spector
    5.Lichaj
    6.T.Ream
    7.O.Onyewu
    8.F.Irigoyen
    9.O.Gonzalez
    10.Bornstein
    11.M.Ponce
    12.Torres
    13.Bradley
    14.Edu
    15M.Hoyos
    16.S.Lletget
    17.Dempsey
    18.Donovan
    19A.Bedoya
    20.Altidore
    21.J.McInerney
    22.C.Davies
    23.D.Estrada

16. otkeeper

otkeeper Member

Jan 25, 2003
    LB,NJ,US
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. Soccer Bob

Soccer Bob Member

Aug 19, 2004
    I'm sure that Coach Bradley will return. And whoever he selects for the team, I hope that he's learned to mix in new players throughout the whole qualification process. This means bringing in one or two different players and letting them play next to the starters. Not trying out 11 new players at a time. There should be no need to start adding three strikers to the squad from out of the blue right before the finals. They should be used to playing with the starters. The World Cup team should be the best of the team that went through qualification...a final exam, if you will.

I would hope that Bradley forgives Charlie Davies for breaking curfew and get him back into the team ASAP. I also hope that he finds a way to work Freddy Adu into the team, as his foot skills are sorely needed. If he has to personally call around and make a deal with a club team to get him on, then he should. (I'll bet that's how Michael got on Herenveeren!)

The future in the midfield, goalkeeper and up front does not look too bad. But a full scale change must be made in the back. None of the 5 who played the back line this year are really worthy of a return (except for maybe DeMerit as a sub). This will be a most difficult job. I really don't envy the coach this job, I don't know who is on the horizon, but they MUST be found. We went into this cup knowing that the back four would kill us...and that's pretty much what happened. We have to get better there before qualifying starts! `

18. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This team seems way too young? Now if all these guys are starting in Europe somewhere thats one thing, but alot of them are still teenagers.

19. Bonus_Game

Bonus_Game Member

Sep 30, 2007
    San Francisco
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ----------------Howard----------------
    Spector--Gonzalez--Opara--R. Wallace
    ------Holden---Bradley---Torres------
    --Davies------Altidore------Donovan--

20. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    8. F.Irigoyen
    11. M.Ponce

who are these guys? curious minds want to know ....

23. D.Estrada

is this guy a Sounder or am i mixing him up with somebody?

15. M.Hoyos

i wish. but this guy has "Rossi" written all over him ... you know, only with Argentina ... assuming he's that good. let's hope he sucks just enough to not be Argentina quality but is still good enough to be top class US quality

10. Bornstein

:eek: if this useless f**ker is still on the team by 2014 that can only mean Bob is still the coach and he is still using those pictures of bob and that goat from a Chivas USA post game party to keep in the team ... which would mean i will be so pissed i won't be following the team

21. otkeeper

otkeeper Member

Jan 25, 2003
    LB,NJ,US
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the thing that scares me about gooch is that he is 28 years old coming off a knee injury...he isn't going to get any quicker only slower by '14. he would be 32 in '14 and the way i saw him play lately he is getting ZERO minutes at milan anytime soon..he is going to need a transfer next season to round back in to form.

22. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ponce, Estrada, and Irigoyen must really have some hidden talent that people havent seen yet. Ream and Gonzalez need more time to be evaluated. They have been impressive in mls but by the time the next world cup begins, i dont think there will be more than 1 or 2 mls players, and they need to be tested against fastser players and passing. If Bedoya keeps his level up he probably will make this roster. The Central Midfield may be extremly crowded in 2014, especially if Jones and Kljestan really play well in Europe along with these youngsters.

23. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forward: Josmer Altidore (24), Charlie Davies (27), Clinton Dempsey (31), Yura Movsisyan (26), Anthony Taylor (24)

Mids: Stuart Holden (28), Michael Bradley (26), Landon Donovan (32), Maurice Edu (28), Jose Francisco Torres (26), Alejandro Bedoya (27), Benjamin Feilhaber (29), Sebastian Lletget (22)

Backs: Sean Franklin (29), Omar Gonzalez (25), Oguchi Onyewu (32), Eric Lichaj (25), Gale Agbossomunde (22), Jonathan Spector (28), Brekken Shea (24)

Keepers: Timothy Howard (35), Bradley Guzan (29), William Hamid (23)

24. otkeeper

otkeeper Member

Jan 25, 2003
    LB,NJ,US
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quick question..cause i don't fell like searching..does anyone have a link to a thread about the 2010 world cup lineup after the '06 ghana game? would just be funny to look at.

25. otkeeper

otkeeper Member

Jan 25, 2003
    LB,NJ,US
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was always skeptical about bradley..but i think even if his dad wasn't manager he would of played at worst 95 percent of the US run. he is our best box to box midfielder plain and simple and by the way we should be excited by that cause he is only 22