Youngsters in MLS 2012

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Werdman89, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That second goal that was called offside wasn't even close. He was way behind the ball on the header while being slightly behind the defender because the defender just stood there. If ARs/Refs don't know the rules why play the game?

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Soony Saad's another player that has little chance of significant playing time this season.

KC is loaded at forward, and even drafted that guy Dom Dwyer.

Frankly, I think he's going to end up representing Lebanon.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kempin is on the bench for Kansas City, while Gil is starting as per usual for Real Salt Lake.

Unfortunately I will miss this game but hopefully Leppercut can give us a Gil Report.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Brek Shea with the gamewinner for FCD tonight against Montreal in one of the windiest games I've seen in MLS.

None of the other FCD youngsters saw the field, unless you consider 22-year old Matt Hedges a youngster.

Valentin went 90 for Montreal.

5. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Wenger came on for MTL.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shea and Valentin also were laughing with each other after the game and exchanged jerseys.

Back to current age eligible players, I found Charles Renken! Apparently he played in a 2-0 Reserve match win over the Sounders

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Have to say, it frustrates me that there's so little opportunity for a finisher like Saad. Scoring that goal didn't even earn him a spot on KC's bench ahead of an out-of-form Bunbury. Looking backward, he was nowhere close to our U20 roster, and jeez, our U17s wouldn't give him a place ahead of Dominic Sarle, Victor Chavez, or Andy Craven.

I'm not saying he deserves to play ahead of Kamara or anything, but our coaches simply don't seem to recognize how hard it is to score goals the way he does.

10. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately i did not get to see most of the game but from what I saw KC's midfield looked better than RSL's. Luis had a nice shot but was subbed off at about the 75th after RSL was down 1-0.

I did however keep up with the Galaxy games somewhat. Adidas ITP posted updates on twitter. I think they might have won 1 game but i don't remember. I know that Jack scored a pk and the villareals supposedly did well.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nooooooooo how could you!? :)

12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luis Gil looked alright but he was put under a lot of pressure by SKC. RSL did not look the same last night and it was very frustrating to watch.:mad:

13. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha sorry It won't happen again...for a few weeks:D

14. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Opta Chalkboards tell Gil's story. He just doesn't get on the ball enough to play at the point of the diamond at this stage in his development, regardless of opponent.

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's your diagnosis? Is it because Gil doesn't make himself available enough or the RSL players aren't getting him the ball?

16. bajansoccer

bajansoccer Member

Aug 28, 2011
    they not giving him the ball.

17. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    Meh. Luis makes forward runs that are still ill conceived and doesn't demand the ball. Still have high expectations, but he needs to improve his off ball work and speed of thought, not unexpected at his age.

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    http://www.realsaltlake.com/news/20...op-third-straight-0-3-loss-fc-dallas-reserves

FCD Reserves used 9 former and current academy players against RSL today................and beat them 3-0. If only some of these players would get a chance with the first team.

I think this is the first ever game (reserves or first team) for RSL's homegrown keeper Lalo Fernandez. Good for him..................

Real Salt Lake Reserves (4-4-2): Kyle Reynish (c) (Lalo Fernandez 67); Terukazu Tanaka, Leone Cruz, Chris Schuler, Chris Estridge (Carlos Salcedo** 75); Yordany Alvarez, Enzo Martinez (Jordan Allen** 60), Jonny Steele, Sebastian Velasquez; Paulo Junior, Emiliano Bonfigli

Substitutes Not Used: Taylor Bowlin*, Luis Gil

FC Dallas Reserves (4-4-2): Chris Seitz (c) (Richard Sanchez 45); Alex Lee, Matt Hedges (Aaron Guillen** 88), Mark Barone*, Moises Hernandez; Jonathan Top (Flavio Guzman** 81), Bruno Guarda, Victor Ulloa, Michael Ambrose; Scott Sealy (David Robledo** 60), Ruben Luna

Substitutes Not Used: Bryan Leyva

19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan Top with another goal for the reserves.

20. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Met Luis tonight. Good kid.

21. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting that RSL used a decent amount of first team players on their reserve squad.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if I met Luis Gil I'd probably act something like this....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_bUtkcgUII&feature=related"]Girls Go Insane Over The Beatles - YouTube[/ame]

23. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha. I think i was too in shock to do anything crazy. I forgot my camera inside and didn't take a pic but he signed something. It's weird how meeting someone about 6 years younger than me can freak me out.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird story. I once shared a flight to Kiev with Dema Kovalenko. I obviously recognized him, and at the baggage claim in Kiev and I went up to him and introduced myself. Kovalenko was so excited to talk to me I actually had to end to the conversation because we were leaving. I still remember he told me that Bruce Arena was going to turn the Galaxy into title contenders. Too bad he wasn't apart of that in the end, but I still remember that. Odd thing was he was on my return flight as well a few weeks later.

25. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    SALGADO! On for Vancouver!