Youngsters in MLS (1993 or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Yes, it's an affiliate. Really the only reason for MLS clubs to have affiliates is so they can sign HG players.

I don't put much stock in Arriola signing an LOI with UCLA, it's just a backup option. No different than when the top h.s. baseball players sign LOI's to a college but turn pro.

Oscar Sorto and Benji Joya had both signed LOI's to Cal State Bakersfield, but obviously never made it there because they turned pro.

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A Gale Agbossoumonde sighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's on the bench for TFC.............

Not much to be excited about in regards to youngsters so far today.
    [Of course many our with the U20s]

In a sign of tough times for Salgado at forward for Vancouver...........Manneh, Mattocks, and Miller start with Hurtado, Hertzog, and Camilo on the bench. It looks like they're in a 4-2-3-1 with Miller up top. Manneh's playing wide left and Mattocks wide right

Jesus that club is stacked with forwards/wingers. Even when Salgado returns to full health, he's really got a fight on his hands for playing time.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  3. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Yedlin starting

4. harvcat

harvcat Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Yedlin is confident, athletic, and better than any of the right backs we've seen in qualifying. Hopefully he starts at Tigres on Wednesday.

5. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Do you know if Yedlin just won the starting RB job for Seattle or is someone hurt?

While I'm not thrilled our U20 coach never even really looked at a guy that started a season opener in MLS. It could end up being a blessing in disguise as Yedlin was able to participate in a full preseason and earn this chance.

6. harvcat

harvcat Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Adam Johansson is hurt, but Seattle could have slid Zach Scott over to right back. Sigi played Yedlin instead.

ielag repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Jonathan Top not on the bench for FCD.

I've been hearing thru the grapevine that the coaching staff has been impressed with their recent homegrown signing Bradlee Baladez, and he was on the bench instead.

Acosta wasn't on the bench either, but that's less of a surprise.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Of course, the team that currently has the most homegrown signings on their roster is the Columbus Crew (not FCD as long as Hernandez is on loan)................and not one of them played in their game against Chivas.

9. NewSoccerJunky

May 20, 2012
    Was me ram on the crew bench?

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Baladez was up and about to check into the game when Hedges went down with an injury and Keel came on instead.

11. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    McBean is on the bench.

Victor Pineda is still injured.

12. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    More on the Arriola front....at Gals half time they showed the jersey unveiling and a little party. In doing so they was a scene with McBean/Sorto/Arriola on stage wearing the jersey....

Real Corona repped this.
  13. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USAMEX10 pointed out in another thread that Julio Morales started over Agudelo for Chivas USA. He's a 93 and one of the Chivas loanees.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  14. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    And the Galaxy only have 29 of their 30 roster spots filled right now.

15. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McBean coming on in the 82nd minute with the Galaxy up 4-0.

16. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    And immediately shows his strength and nearly scores

17. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's looked decent.

Do you see Chandler Hoffman getting much time with the Galaxy? When I saw the trade I wondered if he might take some minutes away from McBean even though they have very different styles.

18. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    It's tough to tell right now, especially when Landon, Villarreal, and Zardes get back.

19. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Santiago Castano is on the bench for NYRB, he's 2nd string GK until Ryan Meara is back.

20. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, with Hoffman's UCLA connection I wondered if it was a geographical preference over a depth chart issue. He was behind Le Toux, Casey, McInerney, and Hoppenot with the Union but the Galaxy have Keane, Donovan, Zardes, Villarreal, Magee, and McBean at the forward position (along with the draft pick Rugg). Several of those Galaxy players can play other positions, of course and LA didn't appear to give up much (conditional pick). They also have the CCL.

21. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Gil starting at RM tonight in diamond 4-4-2

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Paging Daniel Gacia. Please pick up the phone.

Get out of the NCAAs my son. You're ready!!!!!!!!!!!! If not FCD............then go abroad.

23. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I wouldn't sign with FCD right now...sit on the bench for 2 years then start collecting unemployment....might as well get an education.

24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Gil just almost had a really good goal, but Jon Busch made a nice save.

25. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Only saw the last 15 minutes of the RSL game, but Gil looked sharp. Secondary assist on second RSL goal.