Youngin's at Home & Abroad 2013 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I need to and change the style somewhat. Thing is sometimes this site is weird and it won't let me make a thread. :( currently I'm on tapatalk so I can't start a thread either way.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Junior isn't an option, he is waiting on the US and is simply using us in order to get a call up with their senior team. He has said it himself. I say forget him and move on!

Although he could turn out like Alvarez or Purdy who both did the same thing back in the day but chances of that are slim to none. Safe bet is he turns out like Corona or Sorto; so it's best to focus our energy on other players who actually want to play for us instead players like him.

mavericks67 repped this.
  3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    This is off topic but what other alternatives are there to tapatalk? I'm currently using that too, is there anything better? Also, anyone have any recommendations on what's the best way to watch games through your phone?

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Honestly I haven't really looked into one. I think they have a mobile version but me personally am not a fan of it. Depends if you have a phone pre flash it's tough I know mainly justin tv. app but even then it's difficult. If your phone does have flash then rojadirecta and firstrowsports.

I don't think he is waiting on a senior call up guy is barely turning 18 he's waiting to get the rest of his paperwork done in Germany which makes sense. Outside of that I do agree that he won't choose El Salvador.

5. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I say we keep an eye on him from afar. Just like check up every couple weeks or months, until he gets called up to Either. He has the option to play ES and if By the off Chance that he does, itll be nice if we have some sort of Info on him.

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #381 el_cuscatleco, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Ok cool, thanks!

I think i may have not expressed myself properly, what i meant to say is that he himself has stated that playing for us all depends on whether or not he gets called up to the US. He said he is committed to the US and is waiting on them to see what happens.

I know he has declined recent call ups to US youth teams but i believe that has to do with him wanting to cement a place at his club rather than waiting on a call from us like some people here like to think. Would he someone get a call up to a friendly with the US senior team i doubt he would decline.

So that said, i can not help but think that the fact that he continues to mention us (well not so much him directly but his family, mostly his mother) has some other reasoning behind it. I mean why mention us if we are not an option and he is already in the US player pool? It doesn't make sense unless he wants something from them (i.e. senior call up).

In short the only way he would play for us is for him to somehow fall off the US radar, and if things continue the way they are then that's not going to happen so...

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh okay then gotcha.

8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    One surely can understand why a player wants to represent the country they grew up in; Salvi-Americans are no exception, for they are American. USA being a CONCACAF powerhouse, in hindsight, doesn't have anything to do with it.

If a Salvi-American gets selected to play for the US senior team, then we should congratulate them and wish them the best, for they have been deemed good enough to play for an elite team. We shouldn't ostracise them and "forget" about them, unless they're Joe Corona haha. He's just overly patriotic.

Now most Salvi-Americans, like most Americans, simply aren't good enough to play for a team like USA, and that's on them. Their parents' former country is kinda like a second chance for them to play at international level, so of course we're always gonna have rejects wanting to play for ES. What needs to change is they have to work for it like everybody else. Remember Arturo's brother Edgar? Despite playing at an amateur level he was given the ES jersey just like that, simply cos he's from USA, and that's not right for the Salvadorians who are better than him and have worked so hard to get a chance to play for their country.

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but i for one would rather see my nation represented by players who actually know a little something about our country, play with pride and want to be there. I'd rather a Maikon over Junior for the simple fact that both where/are under US watch and yet one had no doubts when it came to choosing us over them. And that's how it should be! Either you're with us or you're not, it's as simple as that!

10. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If they were to give their all On the field would it matter? A JF who gave 100% would be accepted by everyone here IMO. Also, sooner rather than later ES will be making players at the level that the US and MEX make.

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Would it make a difference? Yeah if they played with heart then maybe. Purdy is the perfect example. He did the same thing, then came to us when he saw he wasn't in the US' plans and for the most part did well. But to me there will always be more pressure on players such as this, they have to work twice as hard to win the fans approval. Will they ever be seen on the same level as the rest, not to me they won't; but if they play with heart and do well then with time maybe they can show their worth and desire to represent us well and with that earn some respect.

12. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.php/legionarios/12861-fesfut-se-interesa-por-junior-flores

Seems FESFUT has already contacted Junior Flores and it seems it's a hot topic. Now Junior can't say FESFUT haven't talked to him. And I respect the opinions of others but if this is confirmed and he decides to play for E.S it would be extremely good news. But my question is who long will it take to change from US. to E.S that way we don't have the same deja vu situation like with D.Corea.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They already spoke about it that if he wants to join he would have to do the switch. The Dustin scenario was during official competitions.

14. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Okay either way I will be so satisfied if he plays for E.S knowing people feel he is maybe using us.

15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If he does the switch that's it though he cannot represent the US again in other words the decision is final.

16. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree no turning back for Junior Flores.

17. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I read an article maybe last year where Flores was upset on the treatment he got from USSocer coaches at the u20 or u17. Maybe this will play a case in his decision, know if he does choose El Salvador he will be a rock star and he will have a chance to take El Salvador back to the top. The support from the fans will most definitely be there!

18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If Junior Flores really has been turning down US call-ups so he can cement his place at Dortmund, then it's likely that for now he may turn down ES's offer.

IMO, Junior should for now keep rejecting national call-ups so he can focus on his standing with Dortmund. Once he knows that he is in a good place with his club, THEN he will make the ultimate decision of whether to join USA or ES. ES isn't playing in the World Cup so there's no need to rush in signing him. Plus if USA really wants him, then they'll wait with ES together.

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    But playing IF would be better than club friendlies, so I think he should come

20. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agree I think it's more better playing International level than club level. Especially if FESFUT gets a good friendly I just hope it's good team. But i'm considering his parents are forcing him to play for E.S but I hope i'm wrong and he shows what he is capable of.

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not necessarily; in case you've never noticed, in most IF's the big players are rarely called up or they don't play at their A-game. Why? Because they are saving their best for where the REAL money is at; club level! It's simply not worth it for a player to get injured at an IF and be out of club gameplay for weeks!

I KNOW you're all excited about Junior Flores and want to get him to play for ES ASAP, but c'mon be patient! He hasn't been accepting US call-ups, he's trying to cement his place at his club, and ES is not playing in the World Cup, so what's the rush? If you ask me, Junior's knows what he's doing, he's a clever guy!

It's not secret that La Selecta isn't a great team (and last year's scandal certainly didn't improve anything), but as Cusca has repeatedly stated, we need to stop looking at abroad players like saviors who are automatically gonna solve all of ES' problems. Soccer is a team sport! The U-20 team who played at the U-20 World Cup last year? THOSE are the guys that we need more, they've proved themselves last year, and THEY are currently ES' future; Junior should not be placed above them!

Leave Junior alone for now, and when the time comes we will know who he'll choose out of USA or ES.

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    If we want to improve the Feds have to quite dragging there feet and find a permanent DT as it stands Guatemala and Panama are also searching as well as Peru in this region. From the get go I can say that Panama and Peru are much more "attractive" destinations for a coach.

23. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    See, THIS is what we should be working towards, not Junior Flores!

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well to no ones surprise his dad has already confirmed that he has denied the call up. I will say he lets out weird signals, I feel he should just be straight and say no he won't represent El Salvador he will stick with the US. Don't want people to still foolishly hang on to scraps of him maybe coming over.

25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You're forgetting that he's also been denying US call ups too, so you don't know for sure what country he will play for. I support his decision to stay neutralised at international level for now, and focus on club level.

His priority now is Dortmund, and that's how it should be! ES has much more important things to focus on, like finding a permanent DT as you said!