Youngin's at Home & Abroad 2013 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    A relatively young league...where the standards of playing is improving every year (several quality players have come out of it including current borussia dortmund keeper mitchell langerak who spent four years at melbourne victory)

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    As usual they've conveniently forget to mention it's a youth contract not a seniors; this means he will be playing in the national youth league not the A-league. That said this is a big step up for where he was and promising move for the future.

As we have done in the past with other juniors i think this move means he can now be added to the player pool and be reported on in threads such as this one. Does this mean he should be called up to the u20 as a starting keeper, i personally don't believe so, but has he earned the right to form part of the official u20's player pool, yes i believe he has. Congrats to him! Hopefully he makes the most of it and can move up to the seniors in the years to come.

mavericks67 and Grimmjow316 repped this.
  3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #353 el_cuscatleco, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    On another note, i really do hope he doesn't continue with his 'Australia, Chile or El Salvador' national team talk. Truth is with this move he will now be on Australia's radar, if he manages to be a break out in the juniors that is, but i really doubt Chile has ever shown any interest. And to me at least, that kind of talk comes off as someone just wanting to play international football regardless of who it's with, and that's not good. If you want to play for El Salvador then you say 'i want to play for El Salvador', not 'i'll play with whoever calls me first'. We don't need players like that! We need players who want to play for us, not players who just see us as another option!

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree on the Chile assessment I doubt he was ever being looked at to start. Also ditto on the leaving out that it's a youth contract. As for the NT I would bring him up to camp to compete with the other keepers from the U17 squad to see if he is worth the time so far anything would have been better than that one kid they brought from Chivas USA during the last set of quals ugh.

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    BKR hit the nail on the head. It's around a similar level of quality as MLS tbh. I used to go to the Melbourne Victory games and the atmosphere is amazing (wish I could've gone to the MVFC vs Liverpool game!). It's starting to get a lot of exposure as of late; the signing of Del Piero to Sydney was considered a milestone for A-League and he's currently the highest paid footballer in A-League history at 2 mil. Dwight Yorke, Juninho, Robbie Fowler, Harry Kewell and Emile Heskey came here too, that's definitely notable.

The stringy salary cap is now at 2.5m (except marquees, 1 for each club); I remember back then it was 1.5m and that put a lot of people off playing here, and it was evident in the quality of the league, but now it's better. A club can have max 26 players, min of 3 u-20 players, and max of 5 foreigners (before it was 4)

A-League is getting better, and it's good to see Gian playing in the youth (he's 17). Honestly I'd rather he play for Australia then ES. I don't think Chile's is interested in him. He's selling himself short if he picks ES just cos Socceroos is harder to get into. That's the case with a lot of the Salvi-Anericans. If they were THAT good, USA will pick them.

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    How is Jairo doing in his team? Is he playing?

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Thats fine I understand you dont live here lol.
    Decent minutes. Hopefully he gets more. Is there any way to see his games?

For that u-16 tournament, in the comments they keep mentioning a young kid, seems to be mexican salvadoran or something. Do you know who that is?

9. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His name is Edson Elias he is half Salvadorian/Mexican i don't know if he still playing for Atlas Youth?.

10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They have a stream channel but only for a few teams I doubt they are among them. I doubt you can really find them in the usual stream sites TBH.

I don't know if he is even still with Atlas but I would rather build this group before even thinking about adding anyone from abroad. Plus I don't know who the coaches are in the U15-U17 so I doubt they will be paying much attention to anyone abroad with quals already over and all.

11. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Whats he play?
    Pacheco is the coach no?
    Well he could start playing with ES at a young age to just get him to come with us in the end you know?

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The U17 side beat FAS 2-1 I'll get to work on the U15-U17 thread and a new U20 thread.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  14. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Granitto started the game for Firpo, HT 1-0 for Firpo.

15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Maikon played his first minutes in nearly 4 months of being out with an injury with the reserve side the game ended in a 2-2 draw, he played a total of 35 minutes.

16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Theres this.

Attached Files:

17. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I reported this a couple of weeks ago. But now i'm giving up hope he will play for E.S

18. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    U never posted the interview :0

19. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not the interview i thought it was going to happen quickly but never did. They were some rumors that he wanted to play for E.S but i guess he won't :(

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well hes only in the u20 side....theres still some small hope

William Flores repped this.
  21. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    LOL at Adam Swift, marketing opportunities of the USMNT is non existent, Magico Gonzales still wields more respect and news than any american in the football world.

22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Think of it this way, it's a win-win situation for us whichever side he picks. If he picks ES, then that's a good thing obviously. If he picks USA, it's a win knowing a Salvi-blooded plays for a CONCACAF powerhouse, we should be proud of him if US chooses him. Hugo Perez played for the US, but he's still one of us ;)

With this logic, I still would've been proud of Baumgartner if hypothetically the Swiss national team selected him :)

Joe Corona on the other hand, yeahhhhhh nah I don't like him that much

23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Im gonna put this here since were all under 19 old. 8 of Blue Nation players went. 6 were seriously looked at,1 is being asked to go back during the winter break. his name is jeffrey cubias. The other 5 are being invited in April to try out with the u20s.

mavericks67 repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's awesome man hope you guys keep at it.

25. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #375 mavericks67, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Any updates on Joshua Perez? Don't we need a new thread for 2014?

Joshua is rank #1 in the class of 2016 btw,

Junior Flores rank#3 in the class of 2014

Both with Salvadorian roots. FESFUT needs to reach out to them and invite them to a camp or something.... Is a long shot for them to play for us but who know's anything can hapend

Source: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/