Yoo Byung-Soo @ FC Rostov 2013-2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is that bad? damn

2. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    I think it was a compliment

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    okey.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It was a compliment to Yoo and an insult to rest of the Korean strikers, though it's more of a fact than an insult.

seolseol repped this.
  5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good.

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    subbed in 90th min. for garbage min

1-1 tie

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    From the desert bench to the Siberian bench. What a contrast. Should have gone to Augsburg.

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Have you seen YBS play at all? He is one of those rare breed of Korean strikers who has that flair in front of the goal.

9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Then let's hope HMB sees the same in him and call him up for the 2014 along with SHM

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    How come SHM wasn't chosen for the Olympics squad? Doesn't prove that a player is bad or good.

Fair enough. We'll hope for the best for YBS. Besides as for him not starting, it's more down to the amazing form Dzyuba is in rather than him playing badly.

wetcrispy repped this.
  11. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He was too young during Huh Jung Moo's era. Would you call up a Kleague rookie? He had an SNS incident with Cho Kwang Rae. Cho didn't take it too kindly. By the time CKH came along Yoo was in the desert and Lee Dong Gook was his favorite. Keep in mind he's only 25.

wetcrispy and zdrstvte repped this.
  12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Bullshit. What's more important to a KPA than getting military exemption? He needed to stay with HSV so he can maintain his starting spot? Who was his competition? Beister? LOL.

zdrstvte repped this.
  13. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well Huh Jung Moo's Incheon was terrible but Yoo still scored goals so it kinda helps my point. There was a time when every Korean fan was raving about Seok? I don't remember. I remember reading that Hong Myung Bo said he's nothing special after he played against China with the U23s. He has never performed for any club he has been with unlike Yoo who's scored goals where ever he went.

Yoo is out of the desert and in a decent league again. If he get more minutes he can get to the KNT. Especially with our goal scoring problems.

14. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #65 dudedudedude, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Your talking about 2 different instances. His dad was unhappy with CKH. He called Son up for a series of international matches but only played like 5 minutes.

HMB called son up however, son told German press he wanted to focus his summer with HSV. At this point in time Son didn't really have anything going for him. He most likely would have ended up on the U-23 bench anyways. I'm pretty sure the KPA thought he was too young and too inexperienced. One year goes by and he turned into a Bundesliga talent.

zdrstvte repped this.
  15. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wasn't even aware of BSK until last year. Those Korean cafe communities rate who ever is in Europe because that's what Korean fans do. That's just random fan opinions that don't matter.

16. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'll trust the guy with the SHM photo on this. :D

So many Korean Ronaldo, Messi, [insert world-class player]... Even your name Kironso reflects this. Means absolutely nothing. YBS is a special player for KNT because he is a creative striker who can find goals out of nothing. SHJ hasn't even achieved what YBS did.

wetcrispy and Ohhii repped this.
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Then prove me wrong I'll be waiting

18. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't buy that. Sounds like saving face to me.

Hodori, skimmilk and dudedudedude repped this.
  19. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    HMB never called him up, I'm 99 percent sure. Didn't get called up because he's too young/overrated? It was a U-23 tournament and he single handedly saved HSV from relegation while oil dwellers like NTH were called up.

Hodori, skimmilk, dudedudedude and 2 others repped this.
  20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    And how about BSD? He's been learning from baseball... He knows how to hit those balls out of the park.

21. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HMB never called him up, not sure about his reason though. I meant that the "focusing on HSV instead" sounded like saving face.

Hodori repped this.
  22. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son got called up by CKR for garbage minutes and his dad complained, basically saying "if you're going to call him for this then don't bother calling him at all." Keep in mind this was when Son's spot on HSV's starting lineup was still tenuous at best.

HMB then later didn't call up SHM for the Olympics. I'm not sure if there's really enough to indicate a causal relationship there.

As for YBS, he got some chances but tbf he should have been given more time, especially back when he was tearing up the K-League. He hasn't done himself any favors by going to the ME and now Russia though. Unless your name is Kwak or LJS that's a surefire way to kill your KNT career.

Hodori repped this.
  23. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah i wouldn't be suprised. This was around the time when he was goofing on the internet and cared about his public image. Then his dad was like NO MORE COMPUTER FOR YOU. and he turned into the player he is today lol.

24. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Son wasn't doing that great before the Olympics so he wasn't called up. Hong couldn't get time to experiment with him like domestic players. Nam Tae Hee managed to get time during the Olympic qualifiers.