YKPAIHIAH Vyshcha Liha 2011/12

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, May 27, 2011.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its got to do with everything if you're a supporter of YKPAIHIAH football...

Yarmolenko is a home bred player and if he has reached his limit in YKPAIHA Surkis in his right mind better get as much money he can for him. When Shevchenko was sold to Milan he had not reached his peak. After a few seasons that potential was reached and the his worth increased accordingly. But Surkis could not replace Shevchenko or his potential. I'm not going to jump on Max Shatskhih because he was limited yet played for DK as best he could - but you tell me one Amazonas or Sub-Saharas who was a success in the immediate post Shevchenko era.

As for Surka's blunders in the transfer market when purchasing players his money pit is not bottomless like Akhmetov.

2. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shakhtar and Dynamo are starting to fall in the UEFA Teams rankings.

Shakhtar is now 16th after a high of 14.

Dynamo is 31st after a high of 30.

Metallist is now at an all time high of 39.

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yet, they will still, most likely, finish 3rd in the UPL, aren't they?

4. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its hard to see how they are going to make up the points to get into second place let alone be chempions. They are 7 points behind DK.

A couple of interesting games this week:

DK-DD (could be the highest attended game this season)
    MX-Karpaty (Karpaty beat them in the Kubok but after this game they could be in the relegation zone...)

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Shakhtar big winners today...

It only took them 5 minutes to get in front

Check out the music in the after goal celebrations.

Donetsk trying to get the fans prepared for Euro 2012.

1-0 Selezniov 5'

6. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They have played the Gopak since a while ago always after a Ukrainian player scores a goal.

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    DK-DD still deadlocked in the 2nd half.

Mexmedi had the best chance but looks like he's anudder foriegner with pointy footy boots.

Let's see how the 2nd half pans out.

8. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sasha Aliev still likes shooting from a distance.

Brown misses one on one as well.

Announced crowd: 68,014!!!!!!!

9. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And Sasha scores a ripper from about 30+ meters but in reality Lastuvka should of dealt with it better.

And the DK YKPAIHIAH Connection - Husiev-Yarmolenko-Milevsky make it 2-0.

Dnipro will be disappointed. Dynamo are making a serious steps for the championship.

10. Hopper10

Hopper10 Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro looked like it shut down after the Aliev goal. Konoplyanka ran out of gas, didn't make a single threatening move. Dnipro, for all its talent on the wings, lacks someone who can stay in the middle and carve up defenses.

On another note, it was surprising to see Haruna starting in the middle instead of Vukojevic. Not quite sure about it, but it didn't seem to work out too badly.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Vukojevic had been having injury troubles throughout the winter break. Luckily, Dnipro did not put much pressure through the middle.

BTW, before anyone says anything - yes, I thought Dnipro had a legitimate penalty shout in the first half.

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    After seeing the video replay like 50+ times I think the referee made the correct decision. All indications were that the ball was just a bit too far from the legs and was going out of play.

Although we know that referee's in the past have given penalties for far less contact.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Someone also clued me in to the fact that Dnipro player was going down on his own before the contact.

14. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The opposite angle video also confirms that....

15. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Goal of the round !

3-1 Cristaldo 64'

Metalist continue their good form as they dump Karpaty closer to the relegation zone.

Fedetsky scored for Karpaty but I don't understand these tactics of keeping a National Team squad player on the bench just because you had contractual problems with him.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every year I have a vague glimmer of hope that this is going to be the year. And every year I quickly suppress that glimmer deep down into a dark hole.

This year that glimmer has stuck around longer than I'm used to

1 Dynamo Kyiv 61
    2 Shakhtar Donetsk 58
    ___________________________________ line of glory
    3 Metalist Kharkiv 54

17. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You have one too many dots between Dynamo and Shakhtar AND too many dots between Shakhtar and Metalist.

Its alot closer than you think!

18. Hopper10

Hopper10 Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Much closer, and yet so far away. I think that Metalist is still in europe is what sinks the hope. Dynamo (in my biased opinion) will drop 4 points at most in the next 8 games. Same with Shakhtar. I can't see Metalist going perfect for the rest of the season. Not with Markevich pulling at least one questionable tactic in the next eight games, like he did the last time Metalist were playing in springtime.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but the thing is, in Ukraine we have to play Ukrainians, and in Europe we actually play our best players. So really, it's like two different teams anyway. ;)

20. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo's remaining games:
    Ильичевец - Динамо К (Easy Win)
    Динамо К - Черноморец (Easy Win)
    Шахтер - Динамо К (Big Game prob a loss
    Динамо К - Ворскла (Prob a win)
    Волынь - Динамо К (Prob a win (but not a guarantee))
    Заря - Динамо К (should win this)
    Динамо К - Таврия (easy win)

Shakhtar's remaining games:
    Волинь - Шахтар (easy win)
    Ворскла - Шахтар (easy win)
    Шахтар - Динамо (prob a win)
    Зоря - Шахтар (easy win)
    Шахтар - Таврія (easy win)
    Металіст - Шахтар (tough game maybe a draw)
    Шахтар - Олександрія (easy win)

Metalist's remaining games:
    Арсенал - Металiст (hard win)
    Металiст - Кривбас (prob a win)
    Дніпро - Металiст (difficult game, maybe draw or narrow win)
    Металiст - Іллiчiвець (easy win)
    Чорноморець - Металiст (win)
    Металiст - Шахтар (hard game)
    Ворскла - Металiст (difficult as well might drop points if vorsla are gonna fight for europe in this game)

So in the end I mean we shouldn't see any changes. Shakhtar will prob beat Dynamo at Donbass, but they will most likely drop points in kharkiv imo. Dynamo has a pretty ez schedule till the end. If they get a draw at donbass and win the remaining of their ez games they should get a title. Metalist still has difficult games and EL so I doubt they will be able to pull something off. I mean they would have to be nearly perfect and have both dynamo and shakhtar with massive fck ups.

21. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Who can forget Seleznyov getting awarded the pk v. Dynamo last year and on 2nd thought the ref reconsidered his decision and reversed the call lol. How was that ever going to be a pk for Dnipro this time? Anyone who thinks he took a bad touch shouldn't comment on small details like that ever, not your style.

Awesome to see a full stadium, seemed like a great atmosphere. The pitch is so nice, if only Dnipro had that in our home matches we might get better results more often. Our stadium is a disgrace, Meteor probably has a better lawn at the moment.

Juliano sucks so bad right now my god, kid lost all his confidence. So disappointing from him, still haunts me his dumb Devic decision on a 3 v. 1 with Fulham on the ropes...

22. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That really depends how deep Metalist go in the Europa League. I think Metalist will drop of their fight for a ECLeague place for this season within the next couple of rounds and concentrate on the Europa League and get some more UEFA Coefficient points. Advancing to the quarterfinals was a massive boost in this department and will a great help when and if they do get that ECLeague place in the next coming seasons.

23. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    After looking at the schedule I think it comes down just to one match -
    Round 25 Shakhtar - Dynamo.

If Dynamo win or draw I think they will have enough to win the championship. They are after all in control of their destiny.

If Dynamo lose then I reckon we'll be seeing a Golden Game to determine the championship.

I just don't think Dynamo or Shakhtar for that matter will lose any other games (including Shakhtar's visit to XAPKIB).

There is just too much at stake for both of teams. Not that I think Metalist is incapable of damaging Shakhtar's hope's. The fact remains Champions of YKPAIHA get a free ride into the ECL Round Robin. Runners-up have had to play qualifiers and Dynamo has shown us that they just don't have enough to go down that route!

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Who knows... Shakhtar and Dynamo are known to lose points against unexpected opposition from time to time.

25. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I will be surprised with so much at stake...