YKPAIHIAH Vyshcha Liha 2011/12

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, May 27, 2011.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    PFC Oleksandria defeated FC Lviv in Persha Liha and gained promotion to the Vyshcha Liha....

They were in the PL back in 2001 when they got promotion but after their 2nd season they finished 13th and removed themselves from PFL.

After reorganization for a season they entered the Druha Liha A. They spent 2 seasons there and were promoted to Persha liha where they have improved every season and are on the brink of a championship.

We are awaiting the 16th team to join us. Will it be Chudo?

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Festa you told me before when the new schedule is coming out, can you remind me again.

3. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Chudo were chudovi yesterday in thrashing Tytan 4-0 and are just about promoted. They are 4 points clear with 2 games to go - away to FC Lviv and home to Zirka Kirovohrad.

Their only real opposition is Krymteplysia Molodizhne (3rd) who have come out of the pack as a contender. Their last 2 games are away to Helios XAPKIB and home to Arsenal Bila Tserkva.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Looks like they'll be in, good news! Its a must to have them in the UPL. Hopefully their owners got a reality check and are willing to invest in a few good players before the start of next season and try to be a contender by the time their new stadium opens in the next 2-3 years.

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    After defeating FC Lviv in Dobromyl 1-0 today Chudo gains promotion and becomes the 16th team to enter the PL competition.

Chu-chu-chudovo!

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think it's only fair that Odesa is back in the UPL

9. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    These guys better strengthen their team or else they'll drop out just as fast as they came up.

10. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Do you have any idea what their finances are like? They have a new stadium opening, unless they market their team well right away and sign some good young players this moment of opportunity can evaporate quicker than it came to be. Hope they handle this key moment the best they possibly can.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, I am sure the have a better chance to strengthen their team than some of the recent promotees like Okhtyrka, FK Lviv, etc.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    suscribed.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A very interesting article on the subject that has been well discussed on these threads:

Basically, over the last 9 years Dynamo have spent €102.425M, Shakhtar have spent €178M.

The article also talks of how much better Shakhtar's policy had been in selling players, which is also a big part.

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yummy! Dynamo opens against Metalist, Shakhtar - against Obolon.

1st round is played July 9th.

On August 27th Dynamo plays at Dnipro
    On September 24th Dynamo hosts Shakhtar

15. Sheva7

Sheva7 New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Super Cup on July 5th. Would be nice if Dynamo beat Shakhtar for once in a trophy match.

16. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I guess Syomin's streak begind July 5th

17. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
  18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    When was the last time you beat them for a cup, the FSU Israeli Cup in 2007? :D

19. Sheva7

Sheva7 New Member

Jun 22, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Officially 2007 Super Cup. Also, 2008 Channel One Cup, but I don't count that since it's preseason.

In that span though, Shakhtar has knocked out Dynamo in the 07/08, 08/09, 09/10, and 10/11 Ukrainian Cups, 2008 Super Cup, and 08/09 UEFA Cup.

Post-2007 has just been the turning point for both clubs.

Dynamo trophies since 2007...
    2009 UPL Title
    2009 Super Cup
    Total: 2 trophies

Shakhar trophies since 2007...
    2009 UEFA Cup
    2008, 2010, 2011 UPL Titles
    2008, 2011 Ukrainian Cups
    2008, 2010 Super Cups
    Total: 8 trophies

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lol

21. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro have lost Nazarenko (to Tavriya) and Selezniov (last season's top scorer)...

What are these guys doing?

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Getting rid of average Ukrainians obviously lol...but seriously this Seleznyov deal is very disappointing. He's from Donetsk and a few weeks ago said he'd love to come back and play for them, but I didn't think it would be so soon...like this summer :rolleyes: Shakhtar is so pathetic for this, he's not at their level, just will be used for Ukrainian quota. They neglected him there, Lucescu treated him like trash and we helped rebuild him and now they just take him back when he has one big season, lol what a joke! If he played one more year for us and then went back I would understand it, 3 years is fine, but this is just stupid. Worst part is I bet we didn't even get a good sum back for him, I think we only bought him for like 5M and paid like 8M for Gladkiy lol :rolleyes: also could be really bad for the national team leading up to Euro's...

Nazarenko is not touching our starting 11 anymore with Juliano there. Do you know if we sold him or was his contract expired? If we sold him then I'm glad.

We did sign Derek Boateng a few days ago, a Ghanian (our 2nd) from Getafe. Also rumored to be close to signing 18 yr old Lucas from Sao Paolo, supposedly he's a promising midfielder on Brazil's Copa America squad this summer.

23. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

About the Nazarenko transfer... Uhh I don't have that much problem with it. I think Ramos wouldn't mind him staying at Dnipro because he would be a very good player to bring off the bench at around the 75th minute when a team needs a spark in attack to maybe score a goal. But he can't play at a high enough all 90 minutes considering Dnipro's ambitions. And I think Nazarenko wants to start and play, and in Tavriya he will get that opportunity. After all the time he spent in Dnipro this transfer might look like disrespect from Dnipro, but in reality it isn't because Nazarenko is gonna get more playing time in Tavriya. You can compare it to Raul leaving Madrid to play for Schalke. I don't think there was a lot of bad feelings there, Raul just wanted to play more than what Mourinho was offering. I think once Nazarenko retires he would be a decent addition to the staff, because he's always been a very technical guy with good passing, shooting and free kicks, and a bit of dribbling when needed.

Now about Seleznyov... Even though he was the top scorer last season and he has had a pretty impressive record at Dnipro in the two seasons he was there (35 goals in 59 games), I think he isn't that big of a loss. I think Gladkiy talent wise is the better player. The problem with him is confidence, and I think if you look at the second half of the season he was playing pretty well, making a lot of assists. I think with a good pre-season he can fill the void left by Selya.
    Now what Shakhtar gets with Seleznyov is heading ability and another ukrainian on the pitch. I don't think Seleznyov will get as much playing time in the Champions League, but in the UPL he should get a lot of starts. Shakhtar have very good crossers of the ball, but Luiz Adriano isn't that good at heading the ball. He can play a target man in terms of holding the ball up and distributing but he can't challenge in the air effectively to finish attacks. So Seleznyov gives Lucescu more flexibility tactically. Also with Seleznyov coming over I think Moreno is most likely gonna go somewhere either on loan or will be sold.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nazarenko trade mystifies me. And your opinion that he's only good for the last 15 minutes of the game. nazarenko was one of the best Dnipro players in the Spring. Certainly scored better than most other expected sources and brings leadership that no other Dnipro player brings.

Secondly, while, no doubt, Hladkyy is a more talented player, Seleznyov did do his job as a forward - he scored. Did Hladkyy? Will Hladkyy ever regain his form of 4-5 years ago? I highly doubt that.

25. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    He was one of the best. He isn't irreplacable. I expect his playing level to drop next season since he isn't getting any younger. Dnipro needs to develop a core of players in the midfield that will play together for the next 4-5 years. Nazarenko has 1-2 years left in his career. It is the right move. Plus Nazarenko is past his prime. Also UPL and Europa League are two different competitions.