YKPAIHIAH Teams in Europe 2013-14

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, Jun 24, 2013.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Good move to Cyprus from the standpoint of safety of the footballers and the officials. Neutral? Not really.

Wouldn't Odessa be better or Symferopol?

2. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Neutral enough for me.

3. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Odessa is hosting Lyon the same day. Simferopol is probably more hostile to Ukrainian teams than Cyprus.

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How about Kharkiv then?

5. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Kharkiv? Are you serious? Those fans hate Dynamo, more than Shakhtar fans.
    The only place where it would make sense would be in Lviv, although there have been some serious protests there too and burning of government buildings, but the city is calm, plus the people would probably go to the game there actually.

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    At least Kharkiv would have been neutral. A few Dynamo fans and virtually no Valencia fans. In Cyprus, today, there would be 0 (ZERO) Dynamo fans and a small number of Valencia fans.

7. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I doubt footy is going to be on the minds of Kiev or Ukraine residents today.

8. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Probably not. And, it looks, like it wasn't on the minds of Dynamo players. A pretty lifeless performance...

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro.....nasha gordost.....nasha shastya

Anyone know why our Ultras didn't attend the game? Are they really on the frontlines in Kyiv right now instead of at the stadium supporting the club in a huge European fixture???? That's f**kin heroic if the case.....

Mattheus should've put us up 1--0 and Zozulya's sick touch was taking him through clean on goal until Rose barged into him for a red card....that ideal situation didn't happen, but we were definitely fortunate Soldado missed point blank. Still we deserved more, a 3-1 scoreline would've been fair.

Btw from my estimation this was a top 10 game in world football for the 2013/2014 season so far. Amazingly entertaining game.

10. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm pretty sure most people in Ukraine could care less about the football games today, same as me. More important things happening than a couple of EL games.

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They are not in the front lines but they do have a conscience...
    Фанаты Днепра собираются бойкотировать матч с Тоттенхэмом

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Odessa ultras made a nice banner to express their solidarity. Dnipro beat a huge opponent as underdogs, pretty rare of us to do if think about it. This is the beautiful side of sport, the one that makes it truly special. Hopefully any small triumph could raise the morale for some people, help motivate others etc.

Thanks for sharing. Respect to the fellas, good lads, good on them.

13. palffyfan

palffyfan Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Great continuation to our year. Following UNT's embarrasment against France, all 4 remaining clubs in Uefa competitions bow out at once, and the 2nd best team in the league is on the brink of insolvency. I think I may have to take a break from following Ukrainian football for awhile..

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro are legit, the powers that be UEFA and UPL control outcomes. This sport is a total sham.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Unfortunately, I'm feeling quite the same way. The UPL has been shot in the balls, just like the rest of the country.