YKPAIHIAH Premier League - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, Jun 10, 2013.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    In today's realities, metalist are also a significant brand. There will be interest.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Karpaty v. Sevastopol today. Awkward.

3. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Did Jaba Kankava just save Gusiev's life??? The response of the Dnipro players was unbelievable. I guess Kankava resuscitated a lot of mofo's getting knocked out back in Georgia during his youth

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

5. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Damn, Gruzin guy is a boss.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Kankava, Fedetsky and Zozulya are world legends now. Massive fukin respect.

Are these guys supposed to do this btw? How is this different than when an NFL player or boxer loses consciousness? Is it just the rare case where his tongue completely collapsed all the way down his throat or what?

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    LOL

He was the best player on the pitch in the 1st half and managed to save a life too lol epic day. Jaba Kankava, Georgian captain, world legend.

[​IMG]

loden repped this.
  8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I think Kankava can retire with a clear conscience after this. Worldwide respect.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

He's like a Georgian Chuck Norris.

10. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Awesome name too, Jaba Kankava.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    #511 yasik19, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    It happens all the time in soccer I think. It happened when Terry got knocked out against Arsenal in the Carling Cup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GEB-TYLMmQ

It also happened in Spain last year. I guess it's general knowledge with players.

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Not taking anything away from Dnipro's 2 wins against Shakhar and Dynamo - but it looks like the problems with EuroMaidan/Crimean annexation has left Metalist and Chornomorets in a downward spiral.

Dynamo has still got some rebuilding to do. But with what they showed today it looks more & more that Dynamo will miss out on ECL qualifications. There are still 9 games to go and Dnipro will have to finish out the season which in the past they have folded but its about time they carried their form to the end of the season.

13. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    With that defense, Dynamo doesn't belong in the CL anyway. They should learn to play well at their current level; which is that of a team competing in the Europa League.

The defensive LOL's were just too much in the Dnipro game. Although, I have to say that was an atrocious game to watch, horrible football on display by both sides. Tight and combative, with nothing for the spectator.

14. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Blokhin post match interview was critical of the state of the pitch - which could only lead to this kind of quality of football...

On the otherhand - It is early spring and the pitches are never very good. Dnipro Stadium has always been like this.

Also I hope this game was shown in Rasha - So that they can see how many Bandarovtsi were present....

Game played in good spirits. DK was hurt by what happened to Husiev. I still think the team could finish second, but that would need a Dnipro screw up. Its happened before and not once.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Dnipro deserves a better field than that. Can't they hire someone to fix that shit? Or is it a fundamental flaw of the stadium?

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Its a flaw of the stadium, we've changed the pitch at least 3 times since it was built in 2008. We've lost valuable points every year this time of year to lesser opponents because of it. As well as having officiating calls go against us. Not really debatable, just grim reality.

17. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Does Dnipro play better in the away games? I'm sure their players are like "hell yea" every tine they don't have to play on that pitch.

18. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Lol I don't understand how they f'd up so bad, just massive corruption I bet, pocketed money and cut corners with construction.

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  20. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I agree with his overall line of thought that Dnipro's defense won this game, and Dynamo's defense lost this game for their respective teams. Not sure if it exposes, or doesn't expose Blokhin. You should watch the Metallist-DK Cup game, it was a very quality game with lots of bright attacking football on display.

The thing about closing down Yarmolenko, is that once you put a permanent marker + an assisting marker on him, his game falls apart, but this is where the rest of the players are supposed to step in and take advantage of the open space. If Garmash's game had been on point this time, things would've been very different. But unfortunately, Garmash didn't show shit this game, most likely due to the DK's defensive gaffes.

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Usually, it is very difficult to fully take a winger out of the game if there are two quality wingers. Lens completely falls out of the game. So, when he is playing opposite of Yarmolenko, every team can double on Andriy and allow a solitary defender (like Fedetskyi) remove Lens as a factor.

I do not think the result of the game would have been MUCH different with Husev, but Yarmolenko would have been far more active.

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I think it's more of a chain reaction. If Yarmolenko is closed down, then Garmash could've stepped up and exploited the space in the center, and then Gusev would have a lot more space on his respective wing as well.

Yeah, I'm unimpressed by Lens too. He has zero self-confidence in his abilities, and as a result his game sucks. That's too bad, because he is capable of great bursts of speed, but he hesitates after he breaks free, which is his undoing.

Gusev is a little bit too straightforward to be called a true winger. He doesn't take players on and he is technically limited as well as doesn't possess a lot of explosive speed. He is more like a central midfielder who plays on the wing. Gusev is a very good finisher though, and very cool under pressure. You rarely see him panic or lose the ball.

23. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dnipro had to travel to Crimea after beating Shakhtar and Dynamo. Responded with a 3rd straight 2-0 victory.

Legendary 3 weeks for the club.

24. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Team is playing tuff.

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Our fans have been pretty heroic too. This is them after the Dynamo game. Out of the big 4 teams we're the only ones to pack the stadium to capacity so far this spring.