YKPAIHIAH Premier League - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Starting a new thread with the news that Kryvbas have had their appellate to the attestation recinded.

Hence, they will not participate in the league and Hoverla stay up.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Holy ish!!!!!

What happened???

3. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They should of gone to Lutsk to play the last game...

Instead their bluff was called by the PL and in 5 days their appeal to the YFF was dismissed.

треба нам гол.....

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

I must say that I agree with the decision. Did they not think a punishment this severe was a possibility? Feel bad for their fans, also really lame Hoverla gets to stay up, I'd rather see another persha liha team get the chance.

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There has been a debate on going about Hoverla just staying up.

According to PL regulations they have a right but the regulations also indicate that they have to pass attestation once again. This will be known by June 14.

The "other" persha liha would be PFC Oleksandriya - which may be closer to your home town but by no means better suited to enter the PL after their season performance.

6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Just something about Hoverla getting to stay after such a shitty season is lame. Oleksandriya might be worse but still better imo than rewarding failure.

7. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The PL in their regulations should have the ability or discretion to hold a playoff match especially if a non relegated team either withdraws or is expelled as Kryvbas was.

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

I like that. That's what should be done imo

9. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That raises a question: weren't they aware of this before the last season started? I mean, as the season went on, and their chances to be promoted were getting better, they had to know their infrastructure would not qualify for UPL. So what were they hoping for?

11. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The club easily would have passed attestation if the moved to Olympiysky Stadion in Donets'k, but the club president want to keep playing in Alchevsk and in his town. They do have a plan to improve their facilities but they are not ready.

Basically the PL has priced these Persha Liha teams out of getting attestation.

There are rumours that 3rd place PFC Oleksandriya also do not want to get promotion.

The PFL might want to think about shrinking their membership to 14 teams. Its been spoken by the President of the PL that some teams are just not worthy ;)

12. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    PFC Oleksandriya informed the PFL that they are not willing to be promoted...

Bukovyna Chernivtsi has indicated an interest but will need a plan for their infrastructure issues.

Possibly the PL will play with 15 teams.

13. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bukovyna also did not apply...

The PL approved the attestation for Metalurh Zaporizhya.

The Kozaks get a lease of life and stay in the PL for the 2013-14 season.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    HAhahahaha what an embarrassment. Basically the top 3 clubs in persha liha in line declined to be promoted lol. Was there any team in persha who would've accepted had they been asked???

15. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think that is good. Zaporizhzhya deserves a club at the top level.

16. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Such is the state of the Persha Liha.
    What is obvious from the current list of teams is the they should flush some more teams.

Usually I'm against this. Having 16 *was* the ultimate. But the elite teams SD, DK, MX, DD have progressed so much and left the other teams behind that the PL, should IMO reduc the competition to 8 teams - playing each other 4 times. This would limit the competition to 28 games per season which would be less than what is now. The difference is that the top clubs would give fans far more intriguing games than some of the crap that was played this past season.

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Scotland did that. Competition did not improve - it still followed the same "2+the rest" formula. I am not saying cutting the league to 8 is a bad idea, I am just not sure it would improve competitiveness.

18. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't think it would improve competiveness except isn't it better financial and quality of games played if Shaxtar face Dynamo in 4 league games...

Scotland's big clubs were much the better financially when they had Celtic play Rangers 4 times / season.
    Scotland's PL sent Rangers to the 4th level of competition because of bankruptcy so they have missed out and a big cash cow this season. Result of course was the same - Celtic were champions. But Scottish soccer has not improved much and Celtic & Rangers were constantly threatening to go to the English Leagues...

19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Just because they are Zaporizhya, doesn't mean they deserve anything. Based on their points total, they are suppose to be in the First League. And I very much hope that is where they will begin next season.

20. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Bukovyna did apply but apparently they didn't get attestation. It seems like some corrupt individuals just want to keep Zaporizhya in UPL, which is stupid. Alexandriya could have went in, because they have all the necessary infrastructure. They "mysteriously" declined for some reason that literally made no sense.

21. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There was a press release that Bukovyna did not apply, but I think that was premature because I think the reaction to apply to the PL was delayed. Once it it was evident that the FFU was going to be involved in the confirmation process then "bid processes" had begun...

Also their are some Bukovyna fans who are not so convinced that PL was the way go.

You seem to have forgotten that under "Grisha" there were some unscrupulous decisions.

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    A large city like Zaporizhzhya, with significant size and footballing pedigree SHOULD have a club in UPL.

23. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Perhaps. But they have to play in the FIRST LEAGUE because they got RELEGATED.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And I am not disputing that. We're not (at least I am not) talking about Metalurh Zaporizhzhya. I am talking about the city of Zaporizhzhya.

Just like this was the case with Odesa when Chornomorets got relegated and with Kharkiv when Metalist was relegated

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ok its all starting to make sense now haha