YKPAIHIAH Premier League 2012-13

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, May 16, 2012.

1. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Highly doubt this gets implemented past 6!

2. gosya

gosya Member

Feb 6, 2001
    New York
    While Chernomorets have been playing in it, I visited it during the Euros, and it's far from finsihed. Stil la lot of work on facade, plus need more amentities inside (such as finishing up the gym). Nevertheless, it has definitely been playable for a while

3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  4. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Thx!!!
    I was trying to get into the FPL website but some I reason I couldn't.
    Then I checked your URL and those buggers have changed their address.

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Premier League starts today....

Predictions:
    Code:
    Volyn' Luts'k            1-0  Karpaty L'viv           
    Vorskla Poltava          1-0  Kryvbas Kryvyj Rih       
    Chornomorets' Odesa      2-0  Hoverla Uzhhorod         
    Shakhtar Donets'k        2-0  Arsenal Kyiv             
    Dynamo Kyiv              2-1  Metalurh Donets'k       
    Zorja Luhans'k           1-0  Metalurh Zaporizhzhja   
    Dnipro Dnipropetrovs'k   1-0  Tavrija Simferopol'     
    Metalist Kharkiv         2-0  Illichivets' Mariupol

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will be at Chernomorets tonight.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Really???

8. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really

Chernomorets stadium is nice by FSU standards. It's in what seems to be a typical style which is to say fairly sparse. At least sparse to an American's eyes. Of course by the standards of Ukrainian stadiums I've been to (old Metalist, Poltava, Simferopol) it's an extremely nice stadium. It's very similar to the other stadiums I've been to that are relatively new Metalist, Lokomotiv Moskva, Khmiki. Very basic concession stands and small basic seats. The team store was quite nice and looked like one you'd expect to find anywhere else. Selling jerseys, jackets shoes etc. this alone is a major improvement over Simferopol (one grandmother with a shack and just a pile of random souvenirs. No clothes or kits) and even more over old Metalist and Poltava which sold nothing. I haven't been to Chernomorets before but the stadium was nearly full and people could be seen around town all day wearing kits and scarves. I never saw that before in towns with old stadiums. It furthers my belief that new stadiums and very basic marketing moves by clubs make big strides for a teams popularity. Tavriya have consistently been a better team than Chernomorets over the past few years and yet their home opener a few years ago was opened to several hundred fans in a complete dump of a stadium. The type of fan was completely different as well. Looking more likely to be found drunk in the park at 10am on a Tuesday than anywhere else. Today it was a good deal of families and children at the game and this furthers what I saw change for Metalist with their new stadium.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The playing surface was also a complete mess.

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mistakes were made in the Dynamo - Metalurh match but, at least, they washed evenly. The ref went the safe route and refused to give Metalurh a penalty kick on a very good shout (Khacheridi did seem to bundle Khasaryan) and a minute later ignored a clear Metalurh hand (by Checher, I think) in the area. Fair but flawed.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hahahaha

Great post before this, so much more detailed than the one I wrote lol. I noticed the seats and concession stands to be less than I expected from Donbass Arena actually as well. Not super state of the art like you would expect. Definitely more excitement around a brand new stadium, but will it last? Will Dynamo continue getting 40-50k almost every UPL game? We'll see...

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There also seems to be an uptick in pride in the Ukrainian team, although I'm only basing this on one instance so it could just be Odessa. But the point is I saw a lot of ukrainian team jerseys and gear st the game which I rarely saw at mathes before this one.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They were selling the Ukraine jerseys for 300 Hvn opposed to 800 Hvn for all the other teams during the tourney. These were official jerseys at Adidas stores mind you. In Yalta they were 90 Hvn at the Adidas store!!! Prolly once they were eliminated the price dropped. But I think they were still 300 in Kyiv when we went back and checked out of curiosity. Very cool they made them affordable for the public, smart move to I'm sure they made back in the money with the quantity sold.

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeez I would have bought like 5. Instead I got a present of a cheap polyester t shirt that says I heart UA.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Hahaha how original, and that still prolly cost more than the 90 hvn jersey in Yalta :D

17. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Henrik Mykhtaryan is the best all around player in UPL now. He should be playing in a big league soon. His speed, touch, IQ is great plus he is a pretty solid finisher when given chances on goal. He's so versatile.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bigger league sure, but the crazy thing to realize is there aren't that many bigger clubs than Shakhtar.

19. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea that's true. I really like his progress. He was always pretty good but it took him a little while to adjust from a striker to a box to box mid. I'm thinking big clubs will be on his trail this fall when they see him in the UCL. I think he's become one of the better box to box prospects in the world. Made even more deadly by him being a natural striker so he knows how to find space to run into and finish.

20. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I'm absolutely delighted with Shakhtar perfomance and form, Arsenal was just a way out of a league if comparison needed. With obvious point on Mkhitaryan (probably a biggest progress so far and no less potential future) I also want to draw attention on Seleznyov impact today, as with obvious achievements of goal and 2 assists (both are very tasty, much more spectacular than goals) and were nearly impeccable tacticaly creating chances for his teammates with drawing opposition defence and be a good part in team movements. That's a very solid reason to field him for Blokhin if you ask me.
    Also congratulations Devic on first goal for Shakhtar, he did not made any difference today though.
    Goals:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55Rbz9Nphs

The only gray cloud is that Willian probably signing for Chelsea anyday now. A potential huge loss, the most beneficial player of the whole UPL last season.

21. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Review of Round 1
    Exact score - 1
    Metalist Kharkiv 2-0 Illichivets' Mariupol
    Only one exact and probably the most expected result of the round. I figured that Metallist are aleast 2 goals better than Illich.
    Correct margin - 1
    Dynamo Kyiv 1-0 Metalurh Donets'k
    I though this would be a close one. Dynamo with too much turnover to be settled and MetaDon preparing early for a Europa Cup qualifier. Dynamo lucky to get the winner in extra time but the goal had all class needed to get the winner. Yarmolenko not wasting his time in getting a purrfect cross to Brown.
    Correct result - 4
    Chornomorets' Odesa 3-2 Hoverla Uzhhorod
    Chudo all over Zakrap in the 1st half. I was a bit surprised by the comeback in the 2nd half.
    Shakhtar Donets'k 6-0 Arsenal Kyiv
    Scorelines like this are usually in the 40/1 - 66/1 range. We know The Miners are good but that performance was blinding. Seleznoiv was super. Mkhitaryan classy.
    Zorja Luhans'k 2-0 Metalurh Zaporizhzhja
    Referees robbed me of an exact result by allowing Lucky Idahor's goal. How unlucky of me...
    Dnipro Dnipropetrovs'k 3-1 Tavrija Simferopol'
    Interesting result that I thought would be a lot closer.
    Got it all wrong!
    Volyn' Luts'k 1-1 Karpaty L'viv
    Karpaty got the early goal and held on for a point unconvincingly...
    Vorskla Poltava 0-1 Kryvbas Kryvyj Rih
    I was not planning for Bezus to be the 'keeper to allow goals...

22. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Round 2 starts today.
    Predictions
    Code:
    Kryvbas Kryvyj Rih       1-0 Chornomorets' Odesa     
    Hoverla Uzhhorod         1-3 Shakhtar Donets'k       
    Karpaty L'viv            1-1 Illichivets' Mariupol   
    Tavrija Simferopol'      0-1 Metalist Kharkiv         
    Metalurh Zaporizhzhja    0-1 Dnipro Dnipropetrovs'k   
    Volyn' Luts'k            1-0 Vorskla Poltava         
    Arsenal Kyiv             1-2 Dynamo Kyiv             
    Metalurh Donets'k        1-0 Zorja Luhans'k           

23. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Hoverla and Karpaty were defeated by two Shakhtar squads. It's a real shame how Karpaty attract less people than Shakhtar. 1-5 just an awful result too, but they deserved it and I'm happy to see Kravchenko getting back on form and Fedotov, a potential near future, progressing well.

24. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    The PFL is clueless when scheduing games. How can you have two games in Lviv on the same day and think its going to be well supported.

Secondly, Karpaty suxs big time. I reckon they are the worst team in the league. Even the locals know it and because of it wont show up to support team. Even Hoverla is a better option. (How zakrappy is that?")

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Juliano with a great start to the season so far with 3 goals. He was a huge disappointment last season after a good spring in 2011. Need him to be on the top of his game cause we don't have good options at AM.

Zozulya has been useful so far in Kalinic's absence, looked pretty good lol