YKPAIHIAH Premier League 2012-13

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Fedya_Fussball, May 16, 2012.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    That's pretty impressive.

2. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Fernandinho currently going through a medical at Man City. Transfer fee is estimated around 40 million (£34 million). I believe he had buyout of 50 million euros, but Shakhtar has let him go for 40. I believe that makes him by far the most expensive player transferring from a Ukrainian club (as well as FSU). http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ieved-to-have-agreed-34m-deal-for-Fernandinho

Shakhtar have made 75 mill on Willian and Fernandinho now. They already spent 15 on Taison. Will be interesting how they replace someone with Fernandinho's experience in the midfield. Apparently they have almost signed 21 year old Fernando from Gremio who already has 5 caps for Brazil's NT, and is one of the biggest prospects.

3. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk

4. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

He's so much more confident now. Once he figured out Ramos believed in him he started playing loose without the worry of making mistakes. He was terrible at the U-21 Euro's a few summers ago. Now he's a useful player, only thing is his finishing is suspect like shevafan mentioned. He has a great motor and moves around a lot, works really hard. With Sheva gone and Devic hurt now he's a mini revelation for the UNT.

5. Fedya_Fussball

Oct 4, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Fernandinho to Man City. If Shakhtar offload Mhytaryan, they will have a hard time obtaining a first place finish. I'm actually against impact players like Ferna and Mhytaryan going to foreign leagues. Having them in the league (even if they play for rival teams) makes the UPL so much more exciting.

7. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Mykhtaryan linked to Liverpool but Shakhtar will make any suitor sweat they won't let him go easily. They already signed another Brazilian from Fluminese whose highly rated lol these guys just churn out players and make them polished before moving to w. europe

If they lose Mykhtaryan and still win the league next year that's unbelievable

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    We shall see about that. You don't know what kind of form Dynamo and Metallist can produce next year. I am almost counting Dnipro out, because they just seem to have something missing to sustain a good winning run. Players, money, mentality? I don't know, I just don't think they themselves believe that they can be contenders for the gold. Metallist on the other hand I have more faith in.

9. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I believe Mkhitaryan has a 30 million euro release clause. Liverpool said that if they sell Suarez they will most likely buy him.
    Also I think Shakhtar is still in good shape even after these sells. They know how to replace players and have good players to replace with anyways. Taison, Costa, Teixeira are all top players. They just recently bought Wellington Nem who is imo gonna be really good in their system. The problem that they have is that they lack a good striker. That's what they need - a top striker.

10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Hey, what club doesn't need on? Maybe PSG?

11. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well they definitely need one a lot, especially for the Champions League. Both finalists in the UCL had top forwards - Lewandowski/Mandzukic/Gomez.
    I think Maicon might get more opportunity next season since I think all those transfer problems from Volyn have been solved. But I think they should definitely sell like Eduardo/Adriano and get some money for them, and splash out money for a good striker.
    If they could sign someone like Kadlec that would be really good.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Yea well said, they will still compete for the league with their dangerous wingers but absolutely need a top notch striker which they still have yet to have at the club all this time. Plus need to find another quality mid to replace Fernie.

I'm surprised they don't have a better transfer policy for under the radar players in Europe. Growing young Brazilians is great, but they should be bringing in some low key guys on the cheap like Fulham or Fiorentina i.e. as stop gaps for problem positions. Hubschman role, CB and striker...shocking they wouldn't find some vet who hops around from club to club and nab him. Rubin Kazan are masters of this.