Yikes! tyresö!

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Cliveworshipper, Mar 3, 2014.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  2. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    I hope this business about whether they can play their CL match is just BS. We can certainly be empathetic about their predicament. Hope it can be worked out.

3. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    haven't we been regaled with the idea that these teams are so stable?

press' friend who wrote about her visit over there was essentially holding them up as a standard that we have failed to meet.

4. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Well the friend is just some young person - not a business analyst.

5. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    The league is stable, the teams are not. The league's never gonna fold but almost every single team in the league has had financial problems over the last few years. So not surprising, just tragic...

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It would be funny/a pisstake if they can't play in the CL and Neulengbach reaches the semi-final.

7. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Tyresö FF have applied for debt restructuring today. If approved, the restructuring process will take at least three months, i.e. for the duration of the Champions League. And I see no reason why it wouldn't be approved, so it is very unlikely that they would not play in CL.

Anyway, the way I see it, the biggest issue is that the chairman and the people that work for Tyresö are incompetent. They might be good at football, but they clearly do not know how to handle their finances, and as with most Swedish clubs, they are unbelievably poor at marketing.

8. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If they weren't that rich why they signed all these "A level" Americans and Marta Vieira da Silva aka the million dollar player ?....:rolleyes:

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what do you expect? Last season Tyreso tried to build the world's strongest club, which included 11 internationals. Trying to pay, house & feed them, while averaging like 600 spectators is anybody's guess? Or at least sponsorship can only get you so far.

This year, to replace the departed, Marta brought 4-5 new Brazilians to the team. If you go by Newsouth, they only got paid peanuts in Brazil. With this bankruptcy, guess they'll be eating the same thing in Tyreso!

10. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #11 Lieri, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Tyresö as we all know doesn't pay a dime for Marta (who is not paid anywhere near a million dollars by the way), her salary is and always has been payed by a sponsor. As for the others, I think it's pretty well explained by the reason behind why they are in this mess. Other sponsors promised to help the team financially, and then they didn't fulfill those promises.

I know you're just trying to be funny but if we're being serious for a second, all of the players are obviously still going to get paid.

Romario'sgurl and gricio61 repped this.
  11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the info . Well as my mum used to tell me "you will go now here if you count on others.....":rolleyes:

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #13 newsouth, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    I was wrong! :mad: Somehow Tyreso paid them more than Press which is ridiculous. Base on my knowledge of the 3, excluding Faby, they should have been paid around Kling money. Tyreso must have the worst accountants and talent scouts in football. You don't have to scout the "A" list players but you better know the price tag for "B" players. Based on their spending habits, they would have paid 10k a month for Maurine.

The problem is, Tamires isn't as stylish as those 3 but she's a better player and borderline "B+" talent. I would have signed her for Tyreso instead since I could see her starting at LB in the 2015 WC.

[​IMG]

debzy repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well help me out on this cause I think Tyreso switched their names to Swedish. Who is?
    Ri,

Isa,

May,

and I don't think Faby's currently playing for Tyreso(she might be injured though)

14. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ri = Rilany

[​IMG]

May = Mayara
    [​IMG]

Isa = Thaisa (they keep screwing her name up. i've seen 3 variations. she is still "Moreno".)

[​IMG]

They all played for Foz. May and Thaisa went to FIU.

Of this group I can only see Thaisa making the starting 11 in 2015 and that's a big "if".

Faby is still with Tyreso. I'm assuming it's an injury. O

gricio61 repped this.
  15. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    She didn't get a work permit yet, and considering the financial situation she probably won't now?

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks.

17. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Where did you get that information from?

I don't disagree that their salaries are higher than I was expecting, but I don't think you can compare them with any of the Americans as all three are leaving as soon as the team is eliminated from CL. You don't generally get a high salary without having a long-term contract, no matter how important you are.

18. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Believe it or not but Brazil maybe in an age where their strongest young players are defenders. I'd be sending Tayla, Bruna, Tamires, Rosa (29, not young but strong) and a few others to Germany and Sweden. I think their meal ticket past the qtrs is to weigh teams down in 1:1 games and turn it into Marta vs your striker for the last goal. Darlene, Crista, Rosana, Debora, Raquel, Thaisa I, Gaby, etc aren't getting it done for Marta and Formiga this time around. But that's my perspective of the current team.

19. GambitSWE

GambitSWE Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Landvetter
    Club:
    Göteborg FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    The work permit "issue" was addressed during Tyresö's last CL adventure. Though I can't say if it was during the game, or before...but it was mentioned...

20. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the origin of the three...

:p

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks! I think I know who you are/ or what job you got, lol

22. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
  23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apparently Tyreso is cutting Marta and Seger loose in addition to Vero.

That reminded me that Marta really does seem to be the touch of death to teams: LA Sol was not repurchased, then FC Gold Pride folded; the Flash didn't fold, but the league did and the team went semi-pro; then Santos folded, and now Tyreso is bankrupt and can be sent down a division for next year.

24. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neymar folded the Mermaids. They, Santos, couldn't afford $9M or whatever his number was, so the Villa was cut since it cost 1M or so to run. Marta's salary was only 150k or so. Neymar donated $1M to help program which was him just covering his o_O.

MagicDan drove the Flash to semi-pro status.

Yeah, she did cost to much, so it did buckle FCGP. And I'm sure the 500k attached to her with the Sol ran off investors.

The Spaniard makes as much as Marta. Tyreso is screwed up. Marta is a bargain now for what she brings to the club.

Are you still interested, Joe?