Yeah, we Talkin bout YOU! The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    that clueless mod on the utd boards thinks young dived but it was a 'clear pen'

that is about as retarded as it gets lol i used to join their discussion but that guy is so arrogant and biased it's untrue

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsene is totally right on this. It is way past time now to get video review in football. It may be wishful thinking now with clows like Blatter and Platini at the helm of FIFA and UEFA.
    I looked at the review and the ball didn't cross the line. That was a terrible decision, not to mention the Cech fault. The Spurs got screwed today.

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said a few weeks ago 5-2 was the high water mark for Spurs

5. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  6. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spurs is a decent team, but who good have they beaten this season? They beat us, granted, but that was in the immediate post 8-2 period. They've lost to United twice, Citeh twice, and got hammered by us recently. Spurs is not a serious force until they regularly beat the top teams IMO. Their good form in the first half of the season was against the weak teams, so that's no true measure.

And if I were a Spurs fan, I'd worry if Bale will leave. I heard Real Madrid and Barca want to get him.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    wtf has happened to the yids?

they make our end of season capitulations looks like a man utd (ref assisted) run post x mas

8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are in total disarray.The funny part is that they will be relying on us to beat Chelsea next week and help them get to CL.
    In all fairness though, they got screwed today by the refs.

9. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    they were conceived.

10. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    another week of awful officiating in this league. well done FA.

11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martin Atkinson should take a leave of absence from officiating. He blew it today on the second goal and missed completely Balotelli studs on Song knee.

12. thesicknessuntocesc

Sep 23, 2007
    this might be a moment of complete insanity on my part, but what would it take for the Chelsea players to refuse to accept the goal? Imagine if they didn't have a cvnt for a leadership core-- I mean, they are already up 1-0 and as the match bore out, clearly overpowered Spurs. Is it totally unimaginable for a player NOT to take an advantage given by the referee?

of course there's a logistical question here, but i am sure if Mata or the captain went to the ref and explained it didn't go in, they would disallow it

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    do you live on Mars?

if Mata was van Persie or Theo and Terry was Vermaelen or Kos, and the ref gave the goal and they celebrated, the LAAAAAST thing I want them to do is "correct" the ref. Fucc that, its the ref's job to call the game, not the players.

14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Prince, Actually, there is a precedent, albeit slightly different. The Feb 1999 FA cUPgame against Sheffield, per Arsene Wenger's decision, replayed after the controversial goal scored by Kanu.
    (for those too young to remember, United goalkeeper, Alan Kelly, kicked the ball out of touch so that treatment could be given to an injured player. When the ball was thrown back into play by Ray Parlour, although it was intended for Kelly, Kanu was unaware of the circumstances. and, unchallenged, centred the ball for Marc Overmars, who promptly scored to make the match 2–1. Immediately after the match Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger offered to right the error and replay the match; in the end, Arsenal won that match 2–1 as well).

Call me a purist or an idealist, but it would be nice to see players not only playing by the rules but also going to the ref to correct egregious decisions like today's second goal.
    By the way, John Terry acknowledged that the ball didn't cross the line, however he only did it after the game. nNo surprise there :)

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thats a bit different, tbf

that was not a referee error, that was a player error. Players were going at half speed because of what Kanu had done and Arsenal scored the goal. I would not have an issue if Arsene said fucc it and moved on, but the players were not paying attention and moved half speed and Wenger saw that was unfair.

There was no player error here, this was a bad call by the ref. Has Wenger gone back and offered replays for bad refereeing decisions that favored Arsenal and turned the match around over the last 15 years? We know the answer to the question. This was not Chelsea's fault and they did not need to run and tell the official he got it wrong.

16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is what I already said. The circumstances were different.
    Yes, that was not Chelsea players fault and that is exactly the point raised in the original post. It would have been interesting to see them telling the ref he got it wrong.

Btw, I can't remember the event, but I am pretty sure something to that nature happened in the past in a high level football game.

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i remember di canio refusing to score a header when a player was hurt and the ajax team that let the other side score when vertonghen tried to give them posession back and scored

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWdf5ZLbtYo"]Fair play Di Canio - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPk-wmqP5ec&feature=related"]Ajax Fair Play - YouTube[/ame]

18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

this was on twitter, not sure if its real tho

19. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks pretty damn close to me.

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i think youngs dive is as contentious but watch that get swept under the rug now lol

21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    lol

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

very close again

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only fair thing to do is take away the goal and leave the result 4-1.

24. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a different note, Chelsea lost David Luiz to injury today and he is likely to miss the Barca game as well at the one at the Emirates. Cahill was limping as well when the game ended.

So they will have an excuse when they got smashed by Barca and Arsenal this week! :)

25. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FA should be ashamed to tout the quality of the referees they have when this is given a penalty and the second Chelsea goal is counted when it never crossed the line and John Terry went Lawrence Taylor on 3 Sp*rs players.

Unreal.