Yeah, we Talkin bout YOU! The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackhornet

blackhornet Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they say that an ECG would help determine if there are any heart defects, but I wonder which teams especially in the second division would be willing to pay for that.

2. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like this kid Ciaran Clark. I'm surprised he hasn't been snapped up by one of the big clubs.

3. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Such a dive by Young

4. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well we now know how ManU will make sure they win the Prem this season. A dive and pk goal each week will certainly help. Pathetic. :mad:

5. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was really bad. He actually beats Clark there, and then doesn't even run towards the ball. He goes a different direction to try and create contact.

6. sherbet

sherbet Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Pomona, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    And because he's British, he won't be crucified in the media like an import would. The narrative will instead be about SAF's genius and the team's resolve.

7. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  8. sherbet

sherbet Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Pomona, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    The most common cardiac defect that leads to sudden death in athletes is hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM), which Hank Gathers likely had. ECG abnormalities aren't always present in HOCM, and, even if they are, would be non-specific and need to be followed up. Cardiac echo, or MRI, can at that point identify most cases. The latter two tests are expensive and not cost-effective as an initial screening tool, because the entity is so rare.

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    4.5. He had a strong dive going, but botched the landing.

10. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From that angle it looks like he may see the Villa player coming in to clear before he can get there, so he just flings himself into the air.

I'm just waiting for the day when one of these clowns dislocates his shoulder on the landing.

11. Lemartes

Lemartes Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't wait to see the outrage over this in the press and such. Yeah.

12. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On TV you could clearly see what he did - take a touch with the ball and then run straight the other way into the defender so he could draw contact and dive.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the thing about Ashley Young is that he has been doing this ever since he was at Watford. He just hurls himself to the ground at every opportunity. It could be a free kick right outside the area or in the area in this case. He has always done this and it gets attention now since its United. Even still, Young's diving is worse than what Ive seen from any United player, and Ive seen Ruud play. He is worse than Suarez, imo.

14. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Baller assist by Vertonghen today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfuKBOx25eY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfuKBOx25eY[/ame]

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. Boondock

Boondock Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Brilliant goal by Drogba.

17. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice goal but the keeper should have done better. Friedel, since he is an American;), would probably save that. Still anything that helps Spuds lose is good enough for me. :D

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gallas clearly channeled Senderos's usual performance against Drogba.

19. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no where near close to crossing, LMAO

20. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha - what a joke. But it's Spurs, so who cares...

21. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That ball did not look over the line and I agree with the commentator that Terry fouled the keeper. Wow. I almost feel sorry for :eek:...scratch that and focus on the match official incompetence/bias/corruption which seems to be a big problem every matchday now.

22. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any team deserves to get screwed. It's Tottenham then Manure and then Chelski.

23. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long before we get video review for all goals, penalty, and red card decisions? It is insane that the whole viewing public can see how wrong a decision was in mere seconds but it still stands and often decides the outcome. The game is stopped anyway so there is no delay involved at all in using video review for those limited incidents. FIFA has to get its head out of its ass and realize that we live in 2012 not 1912. :mad:

...and now Cech gives up a goal and is lucky to even still be on the pitch. Maybe they should just let the match officials decide results from the start. The players can then just follow the script as if they were professional wrestlers. :rolleyes:

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    in fairness, he would have been sent off for "denial of goal scoring opportunity." Tottenham werent denied, they scored.

25. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cech probably would've went off but because the goal was scored. I guess it's like advantage and the penalty was served. However, I wonder what if Bale shall we say slow down and not take the goal whether it would force the ref to penalize Cech. However, as Bale was there even if he slowed up and not finished it, the goal scoring opportunity was there supposedly so maybe either way the ref wouldn't take action. I don't know but the refereeing has been shoddy but I can't blame them as they can't see everything. We just need goal line technology, desperately but it won't happen until Sepp Blatter leave office which is well overdue.