Yanks on Foreign YNTs

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Dec 29, 2008.

1. wcssstar33

wcssstar33 Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they can learn to like a team that likes to play clean, and it must feel pretty good to play for the CONCACAF superpower.:cool:

2. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006

I stay out of these discussions because they are pretty useless but this is one big bullshit statement. Big cop out, excuse laden bullshit times 10.

Just because it didn't end his career or hurt him seriously doesn't make it any less disgusting.

It was deliberate and targeted. It was to a delicate part of the body, in a calculated manner that could have shattered his leg/broken his kneecap. It was malicious and dangerous.

I won't even debate the bullshit of your rationalization here. Criminals/guilty people use that kind of rationalizing all of the time.

Malicious, intentional, extremely dangerous...in a way that could have ended TH's career.

If a US player does this I help bury him, and any stupid fan who tries to rationalize it this way also.

Note - When you see, and hear (chills), someone's leg snap on a challenge in Marquezes manner yourself you would n't give this line of crap (maybe you would - who knows). It didn't hurt him that bad so it isn't that big of a deal...even though Marquez tried. Since he failed it's better. Get real.

3. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    It's not a huge number of course, but there are Mex kids like that, and young adults who are turned off by the ardido heads.

It takes time, but eventually we will get our fair share.

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

It makes me wonder, Is Germany bringing these kids into their national teams because they are good enough or because they have dual nationalities. I mean Shawn parker is a youth kid on a 2 Bundesliga side.... is he really German national team material?????.

We seen this happen before with Fabian Johnson. And we could have used Fabain Johnson at LB during the olympics.

Shawn parker
    [​IMG]

Shawns little brother Devante

[​IMG]

5. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    An Eligible Yank Abroad Stefano Cincotta(91') is with Eintracht Franfurt and is on the German U-17 team. He is Undecided between: USA,Germany,Guatamala, and Italy.

6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Interesting. Where have you seen that he's USA-eligible?

By the way, Marc Luxama (Haiti U17s) has signed for Georgetown.

7. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd also like to know how he is eligible for the 4 FA's

8. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :eek:

Shawn Parker is one of the best strikers of his age group in Germany! Of course he's good enough, in my opinion he's the best striker. There are several English teams trying to sign him already. Regarding youth national teams, a lot of Bundesliga II teams have better youth setups than their Bundesliga "colleagues". 1860 Munich for example...they had 4 starters (Jungwirth, Gebhart, L.Bender, S.Bender) in the U19 national team who won the European championship in 2008. It's normal.

9. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It's new to me. I knew he's German with an Italian background who is also eligible for Guatemala because he was born there. But USA?

10. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    He has an Italian father and a Guatemalan mother. I believe the German eligibility comes via residency, but I'm not sure where the U.S. figures into all of this. Perhaps one of his grandparents was an American?

11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    An eligible yank abroad Ryotaro Hironaga(90') Goalkeeper currently with FC Tokyo has played with Japan U-17 in 2007 U-17 World Cup.

12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    I have been asking around for detail, and it appears he is eligible for the United States through residency as well. His father was a diplomat in the United States.

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    What's the source for this? I've seen this on database sites, which are good for leads but by no means definitive.

14. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. UKscouts

UKscouts Member

Feb 4, 2008
    He's probably on the youth ranks at a 2 Bundesliga side because it is his local team. He is not signed to them. When he is 18 and it is time for him to be a pro that is when we will see where his loyalty/ability are.

16. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

So the #10 on the German U-16 NT who scored that nice goal.....................is an American..........

Here we go again.......

18. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't really know what kind of background he has. But he was definitely born in Houston, whereas Parker was born in Germany to an American father.

19. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I'm pretty sure it was reported here before that Hurzeler was born in Houston to German parents who were working there at the time and moved back to Germany when he was an infant.

He's technically an American but in reality is a German.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  21. fc Jax

fc Jax New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Nurdin Hrustic:

How did we miss on this kid too! I know that he is from Bosnia and Germany, but he played here in Jacksonville through youth soccer/middle school, high school, and into college. Amazing to see that yet another US youth and high school product like this can go from college and the local adult beer league to top flight European soccer.

http://www.basl.com/home/333841.html
    http://www.judolphins.com/msoccer/roster/52/215/
    http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/033006/hig_21489537.shtml

22. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    This is getting bad....really bad.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Does anyone know if the Hrustics are actually citizens?

24. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure they do. :D

25. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Football-talents lists both nationalities and Transfer Markt list only Bosnian; however, both are fairly unreliable for such things. A couple German articles I have looked at refer to him as Bosnian.