Yanking the New Transfer Thread Chain (R)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More of a dribbler, from what I have seen.

Would love to see him in an Arsenal kit, but Sao Paolo has already allegedly turned down a massive bid from Chelsea. His price will be astronomical, and thus we most likely won't get him.

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stop responding then numpty, ligue 1 is so good no side can keep their players, even if they win the league

3. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    From what ive seen he is great at one-on-one's. He could be a similar player to Chicarito for us, a smart finisher in the box

4. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think AOC will end up there eventually

5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My first thought after watching that video is that that's apocalyptic defending. Brazilians haven't exactly lit up the Premiership either.

RE: The quality of Ligue 1.

There's less money in the French league (because no one goes to games), and that's primarily why they can't hold on to their best players. It seems like 15-20 players are in Ligue 1, who will at some point "graduate" to England, Spain, or Germany. There is a fair amount of first rate talent that's come out of Ligue 1.

6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude...... You are definitely not too bright. ;)

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yawn, defender of league 1 when's the last time u contributed anything to do with tactics or football in general that has any value?

8. antiwhinger

antiwhinger Member

Nov 1, 2008
    cambridge
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theo Walcott with some Brazilian genes would be unstoppable.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You guys should reach out for Kagawa and fight for him. For once fight for a player. He will come relatively cheap and will offer loads, you just need to offer him loads of playing time, his natural position in AMC and secure your other important players like Van Persie.

With signing Kagawa you would send a message to your captain that finally you DO mean serious business, than all you need to do is secure M'Villa and you are practically done.

I would rather see Kagawa at Arsenal than Manchester United, but it all looks he will be going to Old Traford.

Don't screw this one up. Or you may lose it all

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So we lose it all if we don't sign kagawa? Let me guess, your japanese?

11. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Oh dear, please think about it a little.

As someone has already said that's more down to the wages they pay. How are they meant to keep them if they can triple / quadruple their wages by moving to England ?

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not, also I cheer for Barcelona.

Lets look at the options. Arsenal needs creativity in the midfield and also someone who can help Van Persie to score goals. Basically a good AMC

And currently there are only 2 on the transfer market who are tested and proven enough. One is Hazard who can as well as Kagawa play on the AMR/AML position as well and the other is the Japanese guy.

All the rest may be ok but probably wont offer as much and are a way bigger risk.
    Plus we have to know that while Hazard will cost loads of money Kagawa is relatively cheap. We know Arsenal's strategy of buying "cheap" and than selling when the price is highest or better to say they wont pay 30 mils+ for players

Well this may be the only chance to buy so quality player for only 15-20 mils of €

And than there are other things. Hazard is good no question about it, but recently he gives a wibe that he may be a player who only wants to secure big wage, may cause upsets in the dressing room and so on.

On the other hand Kagawa is a quiet guy who works hard for his team and if you won't take my word for it, you can just look at statistics which impressively enough show that Kagawa was the player who has ran the most millage out of all the Bundesliga players.
    He also isn't a type to cause problems in the dressing room and look to catch the attention of media off and on the pitch. He is a team player.

Not to mention you have one more Japanese prospect in your ranks by the name of Ryo Miyaichi. If Kagawa is there, that will surely help Ryo develop faster and further.

And as I said. You may end up signing some other talents such as Erikson and similar but they are at the moment not fully proven (have not played in the best of leagues and have not shown as much) which is important to note because lets say you are Van Persie.
    If you are thinking to stay or not, you need to see how serious the board is and if you see once again young players in and the prospect of something happening in 3-4 years...
    Even so Kagawa is only 23 anyway...

13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, try not to be so obtuse. I am not a "a league 1 defender", I just stated that your " miles ahead" comment was total nonsense. As I mentioned, the EPL may be the top league in Europe, but there is no "miles ahead" between the top 5 leagues in Europe. Kapish, Einstein?

Mister Obvious repped this.
  14. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    This is unfortunately right. This is why I rose a stink about our failure to get Juan Mata when we had the chance. The failure goes beyond money. It's as if there's only one XBOX/iPad/Cabbage Patch Doll left at BestBuy, and we either have to buy it or go without.

Since our failure to get Mata, we've gone through (part of) 3 windows without getting within earshot of top-grade creative/playmaking talent.

As plan B to Kagawa hopefully we'll get Dempsey. If he comes he'll probably push Walcott out of the first XI, so we'll get another year of bigman's Yanqui-go-home yobbo act. Lovely.

As odd as it sounds, at this point I think we have to make a run at Modric whether or not we can get him.

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well but Getting Dempsey is again as if to buy a second hand merchandize.

Dempsey is a good player. But I would not rate him as world class and imo that is exactly what Arsenal need.

16. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kagawa is going to United from what I am hearing and buying him would hamper Ramsey's development :) . We are not buying any big name players and Kagawa is not an unknown commodity. I am pretty sure we are not buying Dempsey either. Gourcuff's stock has fallen. He might be a target but he is soft as $hit. Love to be wrong on all counts. Arsenal won't "fight" for a player with the big boys.

17. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joey Barton enough said

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Imo league 1 is miles behind bar a few players, if the league was better players would stay and more tv money would go there......

Kagawa would be nice, dunno who wenger has in mind but we need a creative attacker badly

19. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Everybody will have ample opportunity to run the rule over Eriksen this summer. He'll be Denmark's central playmaker in a group that features the Netherlands, Portugal and Germany.

20. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    apparently canal+ reporting that montpellier have accepted £8.5m+chamakh for giroud?
    i've said it before and i'll say it again, there's NO WAY arsenal will have 3 left footed strikers in van persie, podolski and giroud at the club at the same time.

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    apparently = someone on twitter said (not saying you got it from twitter, but thats where this started)

I doubt its true unfortunately, and there is nothing on Canal+'s website saying anything of that sort.

or he could be just like Theo Walcott

22. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    or if you're English of course. Joey Barton makes $80,000.00 a week lulz

23. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    yes, exactly. hence "apparently" and "?"
    and indeed, there is nothing (that i could see) about it on canal+, l'equipe or whatever that other outlet that was mentioned was.

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ramsey is hampering his own development just fine.