Yanking the New Transfer Thread Chain (R)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by total_football, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Prince,

Lots of chatter as usual around transfer season. BTW You watch any Serie A regularly? What about Muntari?

2. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    me mad? lulz nah shunn I'm in the worlds greatest city, just had a nice lunch, weather picking up and I'm headed to a meeting that ive been trying to set up for a minute. All is gravy mayne. Confusing passion with anger bruvs. BTW how's the leg? Just discovered the ignore function. WIN!!

3. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've also heard that Arsenal have Keisuke Honda on watch this summer. There are many teams trying to talk to CSKA Moscow but their price is a bit steep. He's a high quality player and he was almost sold to Lazio in January but the deal fell through. Some say Rosicky is getting on a bit and I would agree and he is definitely the guy who can follow that "Pires" role at this club.

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    foots good homeslice, just need to get less fat

honda seems ok, i like welliton and doumbia in russia though, 2 strikers

i don't know why we don't go balls out for kagawa instead

5. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    In my dream I take out one of those clones and play for Arsenal.... :cautious:

6. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A tough SOB indeed and Arsenal if nothing else could use that.

7. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yea, we have Julien Laurens (a journo for Le Parisen) in France saying this...

[quote]‘Very busy yesterday working on M’Vila story. Deal 99% done. 22 million euros, 4 years. Great signing for Arsenal and player is delighted.’

8. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope this is true. We've held back for so long. Time to splash the cash, but wisely.

Grand_Rapids_Gunner and thebigman repped this.
  9. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    love doumbia...

thebigman repped this.
  10. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lucas and Yann and one more guy who can compete with the starting XI, ready for training camp, plus some Wenger U-16 types for the future, plus comolete bill of health for JFW, plus jettisoning the usual deadwood for good, would make it a A offseason.

Obviously, getting Eden Hazzard would make it a slam dunk A++++, but that's not likely happening. It's ok. I'll take my chances with The Ox.

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he is shit fam. Absolutely shit. I have no idea what he has done to play for so many big teams in his career, but he is shit. I dont want him near Arsenal, except if we are playing against them.

Munchlaxatives repped this.
  12. mwojt21

mwojt21 Member

May 22, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, how does he keep getting chances with such big clubs??? A good season at Portsmouth??? (Wait, didn't Lass Diarra do the same thing??)

13. Munchlaxatives

Aug 13, 2008
    Houston
    Apparently, Mancini failed to take him to Inter in 2007 from Udinese and then Mourinho bought him from Portsmouth a year later for 16 million Euros. Did Mourinho also buy Lassana Diarra for Real?

14. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    M'Villa might be a bit of a risk given his possibly suspect personality.

The orginal 'breaker' of the story seems to be sticking to his guns at least.The denials seemed to be centred around the theory that the story had been put out there to help the player push through a move to another club, something we've seem before with players linked to Arsenal, but a) those stories dont tend to make the deal with Arsenal quite so..concrete, and b) the rumours came from the Arsenal side, not France, so Im still hopeful on this one.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lass was at real before mourinho

16. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that guy is so underwhelming.

17. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i may be mistaken but i thought he looked good before and during that one world cup, didn't he? (i could be remembering wrong, though.)

i agree with you about how bad he's looked since, though.

18. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wenger just came out and said no deal is done with M'Vila. So I guess we really are in for this deal and something IS close. If not he would say we're not in for him.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i bet we don't sign him

20. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I bet we do.

21. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    glad to hear you're recovered, dude. are you doing physical therapy now? or you done with that as well?

22. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    silly season seems to be getting into full swing now. in the last few weeks we've been linked with numerous players and the season hasn't even ended yet.
    so far i've noticed: kagawa, giroud, that japanese right back, m'vila, dempsey, suarez (matias), vertonghen, holtby, el-shaarawy, hoilett, belhanda, remy (still?), biglia, vorm, sessegnon

it could be a looooooong summer of fairytales.

23. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Yeah I haven't seen much of Muntari neither, my friends from Ghana hate him lol but I thought maybe his NT form doesn't transfer ya know?

lamb,

Is it me or are there even more rumours around Arsenal than in prior years? I guess it's because we locked up Podolski and maybe Agents feel there's money to be had here.

Speaking of agents, did you guys read the article in the Guardian about the Portugese police investigating the Bebe transfer which was conducted by the agent for Mourinho, Cristiano, Anderson and Nani?

24. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Bigman,

Good to hear the foot's getting better. lol@getting fat. My boy blew his achilles and gained 20lbs the fact his girl's italian and a chef probably didnt help matters.

25. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Real Madrid's President Perez' construction company has roughly 150 billion worth of debt, and rapidly shrinking value due to their reliance on government infrastructure projects in Spain many of which are likely to be put on hold due to impending austerity measures. He's also piled $500 million worth of debt unto Real Madrid. I say this to ask would Sahin be available to us? lol