Yankee Stadium for NYCFC

Discussion in 'New York City FC' started by napolisoccer, May 23, 2013.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mariano River was announced as the first season ticket holder. Stadium capacity for games will be capped at 33,144

[​IMG]

2. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    From the NYCFC forum..

fuzzx repped this.
  3. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is anyone else able to put a deposit in for season tickets? Ticketmaster keeps saying not available

4. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Now it works..

[​IMG]

5. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will be the capacity 33.144 even vs Red Bulls and Galaxy ?

6. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Finally got it to work. The team is doing a terrible job marketing this ticket sale IMHO. Why have they not sent out an email blast to fans saying this is up and going? Only reason I know is I happened to check twitter. Oh well

7. Mr. Vero

Mr. Vero Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Well, with the news that "no timetable" is being set for the Yankee Stadium temp. location and without any concrete news on the "new stadium," I think it is fairly safe to say that the "negotiations/dialogue" regarding the SSS in the Bronx are not going smoothly.

NYCFC will likely stay in Yankee until the political climate changes. Meaning it will take a new mayor giving millions of taxpayer dollars (or a sudden change of heart) to get that stadium built.

Of course, the owners could just pay for everything without subsidies, but there's a reason why rich people stay rich and it's not because they want to spend more than necessary.

Another option would be a location outside of what the press conference called "New York City proper" but it seems that the only major selling point this whole entire franchise has, is a stadium within the five boroughs.

From mlssoccer.com (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...unce-yankee-stadium-be-home-field-2015-season) :

"search" - are they already looking at another location? Have they given up on the Bronx stadium?

So, they've drawn the lines NYC or Bust. So, what's it going to be NYC or bust?

Ironically, thanks to Bloomberg (a big supporter of a NYC SSS), this stadium may not be built for 11 years. Bloomberg changed the campaign laws in NYC so a Mayor can serve 3 four-year terms. This means if De Blasio sticks to his guns, and remains popular, you're talking about over a decade of opposition to this public subsidies plan for the Bronx SSS.

Who's going to budge? Stadium without handouts, or will they move outside of the five boroughs? Will a new Mayor get elected? Or will the whole franchise become Chivas USA pt. 2?

Time will tell (and it's going to be a LONG TIME).

8. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kinda cool, and as it's the first season, so i don't think there's too much detriment to playing there.

9. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet. I got me mine! I wish they were numbered so I could see how many have been ordered so far.

10. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Most games they said so I guess if there´s extra demand it might change..

11. BlueIntent

BlueIntent Member

May 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    As for making a Season ticket deposit without to much swearing it does help if you clear your cache memory first :mad:

12. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    How much is the seat deposit?

13. Egbert Sousé

Egbert Sousé Member

NYCFC
    May 25, 2013
    nyc
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    What does each level get you

15. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nycfc.com

16. Egbert Sousé

Egbert Sousé Member

NYCFC
    May 25, 2013
    nyc
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    :rolleyes:

I don't understand where this position on De Blasio comes from.

I mean, I want him to stick to his campaign promises, but I don't expect him to do so anymore than than any other politician in history that gets elected from a progressive base. (Just ask 2008 Obama supporters :confused:)

One does not stay the mayor of one of the biggest cities in the world be being ideologically consistent.

Nor do I see the opponents having nearly the influence you claim.

Corporations have devised a million ways to obfuscate and camouflage various subsidies, and given the existing clusterF that is the parking debacle there is plenty of room for underhanded shenanigans.

I donno, I feel like we're both being cynical, but I'm too cynical to think that it wont get done.

Only time will tell, but I take the Yankee's commitment to host the team till a solution is found to move things along. They are risking $million of damages to their image, if not insurance claims, by hosting this team. Those costs will add up fast.

18. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The exact capacity will be 33.444.

19. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had not really thought of this prior to today, but a big part of the delays may have been due to negotiating a lease and less about logistics or Yankees/MLB objections. I would not be surprised if CFG has done all of the investing and have brought the Yankees on as an equity partner in exchange for Yankee Stadium considerations (as well as business and Yes among other things) and the delay was due primarily to determining the lease. Yankees may have wanted more equity while CFG may have wanted to use revenue and retain more equity going forward. It may have also been a sticking point as to what share of concessions/parking and other revenues would have gone to the business of NYCFC as opposed to the Yankee Stadium/Legends and other Yankee subsidiaries.
    Just a thought.

fuzzx repped this.
  20. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so I went through the Yankees Schedule this year to see how many Saturdays we could have fit in giving the 3 day turnover on each end. From the time the Yankees season started to then end of the regular season:
    This is assuming the 3 day turnaround would mean the third day after a Yankee game they could turn it around. So if the Yankees play on Wednesday, Saturday is good to go. Friday night after a Wednesday Day game for the Yankees would be good under the 2.5 day "in a pinch" turnaround.
    April 19th
    May 10th* (Friday could work)
    May 24th (Friday and Sunday are good)
    June 7th** (Sunday is good)
    June 14th (Friday is good)
    July 5th
    July 12th
    August 2*
    August 16th (Friday is good)
    August 30th

*Would have to be an early game and use the 2.5 day turnaround.
    **Would have to be a late game and use the 2.5 day turnaround.
    This also does not take into account any days the Yankees may need to keep open in the event of a rescheduled game.

So we could potentially play 10 Saturday games during the Yankee season. Leaving 7 games to be played before/after the Yankee season or on a weekday. It's definitely doable, and we won't be forced into as many odd nights like Wednesdays and Mondays as I had initially feared. The main complications will be October obviously since we likely need to keep most of the month open.

fuzzx repped this.
  21. fuzzx

fuzzx Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Brossard
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, I did this exercise last month as well, it looks reasonable.

Next year could actually be even better, since even if MLB has first dibs, the Yankee's have a bit of input on prefered dates, and they might move games a day or two either way to open up additional slots.

Of course if there is any actual conflict NYCFC will obviously take the hit.

22. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Wow! What a horrible arrangement. Yankees fans are pissed.

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad for them. Yankees knew what they were getting involved with.

24. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Well the club can now kiss away any support from Yankees fans. Only soccer diehards will be interested.

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt NYCFC was hoping to bring Yankees baseball fans to come to MLS games. I believe they are marketing to the probable millions of soccer fans in the NYC metro.