Would you sell De Rossi?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Would you sell De Rossi?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2012.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Yes but only for 25 million +

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    More so bc Pjanic hasn't played as much....

I see Bradley as a Perrotta 2.0 with better vision, passing ability. Both with great work ethic, but I wouldn't consider either as a nucleus to our mid (past or present)

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfortunately it represents a blow to the project if he is sold.Not only we would be incapable of signing champions,but we will also selll the champions we have from our youth system.

He might be doing bad, but I rather have that hope that we can do sthg during the year... and that hope we will have it with de rossi in the team.I rather de rossi then watch unsung heroes pushing above their weight for some 5th position.

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What champions of our youth team has we sold? or will? None.

Calm down, even without DDR the project still can succeed.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't you have to win Championships to be a champion?

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I should have made "I don't care" an option.

I'm just waiting for LNelson's view on this ;)

6. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think big part of the issue is that everyone — the coach, the owners, the other players on the pitch, the Curva, everyone at every Romanista pub, you, I and everyone on this board (and on every Roma board in every bloody language - Yes Roma Club Indonesia you merry lads too ;)), expect HUGE things of De Rossi when he's on the pitch — As we all rightly should from the player he is, the captain he is supposed to be some day, and, to a lesser extent, the wages he earns.

When Bradley, or anyone else plays, the atmosphere is so much more relaxed that we simply play better, play flows unjittered by the nerves and the burden of Il Capitano Futuro.

De Rossi doesn't have this issue in La Nazionale, because there he is a key player, but not THE PLAYER, it's at Roma where the burden of Il Capitano Futuro really wears down on him, the fans and everyone else on the Roma squad, and I don't know if he wants that pressure, I hate to think it, but ever since the beard arrived along with the problems in his personal life, he sometimes doesn't seem to want this burden any longer.

I would love to see him prove everyone wrong and come back to glory before the end of the season, but if things remain the same I don't know any more...

I love the man to death, and I don't want to see him leave, but like a broken relationship, sometimes it's best to end things before they become stale, and you both end up hating each other and hating life itself.

wm72 repped this.
  7. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Anyone who saw DDR play at this past Euro knows that even without a league title...he's still considered one of the best. Let's not forget that he has a WC as well.

Ibra said the other day that he would welcome Daniele to PSG.
    "I think he would be a good fit for any team because he is a strong player," he is quoted as telling the media. "I hope that he does come here so that he can give us a big helping hand - that way we would become even stronger."

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope so too and we can take Verratti in exchange.

9. Parsholt

Parsholt Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    As vulpinous says: Id sell him to PSG. Give us Verratti (the future of Italian football, as well as a proven cog in Zemans wheel) + cash. We then reinvest the money in a CB and/or a RB!

Vulpinous repped this.
  10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe, just maybe Totti should have passed it on when he signed the contract. Of course I love Totti and him still wearing the arm band is a pleasure to watch but porrcea makes a good point about the burden, the wait must be killing him, almost most probably to the point were he hates his title, the future for him will shortly become the past...

Thinking outside the box, right now for Totti to hand him over the captains armband could be something that settles him. Yes even in the midst of the red card, I would seriously consider it

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was DDR idea a while back

12. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, the way Totti is playing I don't think it's impossible for him to pull a Zanetti and play until he's 40. Last year I'd agree and say maybe it's time for Francesco to pass on the armband, but right now only one player deserves it.

Hell he may even retire after De Rossi at this point :D

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still shows flashes of brilliance. There is no questioning his ability but can he do it on a game by game basis over the course of an entire season? I remember when he was injured in 06 before the WC that he was quoted as saying he couldn't take the load anymore and the very next week he was injured. That was almost 7 years ago when he was 29 and he came back. If something similar happens again, don't see how he (at age 36) can continue on or recover from it. Let's hope for the best.....

14. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As far as I am concerned there is no comparison between DDR and Totti in terms of what they mean to the club. Totti is one, possibly the best, of the club's most recognized and productive players of all time..super-human shit. IMO DDR is totally sellable for the right price, +/- player exchange. Plus, many, many young ROMANS on the way up:

BATTAGLIA Simone - Roma 18/03/1995
    BRANCACCIA Luca - Roma 27/05/1995
    BOLDOR Deian - Timisoara (Rom) 03/02/1995
    BUMBA Claudiu - Vasile Baia Mare (Rom) 05/01/1994
    CARBONI Fabrizio - Roma 03/03/1993
    CATANIA Dario -Roma 27/10/1995
    CECCARELLI Simone - Roma 28/01/1994
    CITTADINO Andrea - Roma 25/04/1994
    CURTO Daniele - Roma 14/01/1995
    DI GIOACCHINO Luca - Avezzano AQ 09/05/1995
    FERRANTE Jonathan Alexis - Buenos Aires (Argentina) 27/06/1995
    FERRI Jacopo - Roma 05/04/1995
    FREDIANI Marco - Roma 13/03/1994
    GONZALEZ VIEIRA Leonardo - Rio de Janeiro (Brasile) 01/03/1994
    MAZZITELLI Luca - Roma 15/11/1995
    MINICUCCI Manel - Roma 13/05/1995
    NANNI Alessio - Roma 26/09/1995
    N'DAH Kindia Williams - Roma 15/06/1995
    PAGLIARINI Francesco - Roma 05/05/1994
    RICCI Federico - Roma 27/05/1994
    RICCI Matteo - Roma 27/05/1994
    ROSATO Mattia - Roma 04/02/1994
    SAMMARTINO Massimo - Roma 08/09/1995
    SOMMA Michele - Salerno 16/03/1995
    TASSI Riccardo - Roma 06/01/1995
    TERRIACA Valerio - Roma 04/03/1994
    YAMNAINE Wesley - Castres (Francia) 07/07/1993
    ZONFRILLI Lorenzo - Roma 17/01/1995

DDR has been treacherous. Period.
    This has happened one too many times.. Obviously not his first offense. Now we have a three match ban, derby lost, and a piss-poor 18-24 mo contribution to the shirt. Not to mention a huge salary at 6.5 million euros per annum. That is about 12 Florenzi's. Yep, that is correct. TWELVE!! F-off and go play somewhere else if this is our thanks for our undying loyalty. You all know very well that this action would not be tolerated if committed by any other non-Roman non-DDR cult-status-type player. He is given waaaay too much slack and needs to DAJE con GRINTA more by showing the results on the field.

whill4 repped this.
  15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he is a world cup champion, and soon to have over 100 caps for the italian NT one day.In the leagues of maldini, buffon, cannavaro and zoff.

PS I was never anti-de rossi sale. But I am now, for a simple reason.. the replacements will be poor... and in the current team he stands out over other players ( in the past we had pizarro whom I used to like more then de rossi).

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Massimo Oddo is also a World Cup champion, as is Mrco Amelia, Angelo Peruzzi, and Simone Barone. The fact of the matter is De Rossi is a world champion strictly by chance. Right time and right place. He himself has won nothing of substance, come close to it but hasn't made the leap.

17. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wrong to belittle peruzzi, he was a great goalkeeper back in the days .But you cant put de rossi's world cup title next to the others.At the end, he even played the final + scored a penalty too.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Come on, he came on at the 61st minute. You can hardly call De Rossi a protagonist in that World Cup, it's just not true. And this is from some who likes the guy, see my user name.

I think that's one of our problems, we buy into the hype of our players and put them on pedestals. It happens every summer in Rome. People going around talking about how we have the strongest squad and all these champions. Perhaps we need to correct this attitude because it's sabotaging us. The only champion in our squad, the only guy who can make a difference and lift a team on his back is Francesco Totti. That's a champion. The rest are good player.

19. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dont disagree with most of your post, I know for a fact many of our players are overrated by posters here.
    But I think besides totti, de rossi and burdisso can come in there ( if not champions, at least as important established players). After all this players proven to be they can be starters or part of a team that can win sthg ( see our scudetto run under ranieri for ex. ). If we had like one or two additions back then to our squad, we would have won the title. Right now IMO we need like 6 - 7 additions at least.

Same applies for pizarro or vucinic, they might not be champions ... but they took us to places to contend.And they won titles with other teams, when they left.

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There are plenty of very average players who are champions by chance, being squad players on a good team and lots of champion players who won very little. Winning titles, ok literally makes you a champion but does not tell the whole story....Basically my point is De Rossi is a champion player as proved with his mulitple world class performances at the Euros. He could be a starter in every club team on this planet, that is a champion player

21. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    He has to play as a top midfielder to be called one, though. The way he's been playing, we'd lose absolutely nothing, I'm afraid.

ASRomaUSA repped this.
  22. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. Senna100

Senna100 New Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    DDR en Totti are the best players we have. The rest is average, perhaps Lamela can turn out to be a class player. Why sell one of the best players?

25. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ASRomaUSA repped this.