Would you change the leagues name ? MISL / PASL

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    #26 CFL-fan, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    • If anyone is making $60K it's a year round contract that includes camps and possibly a job pushing group sales.
    • $3,500 cap is very low. Is that a game cap only? Do players not on the game day roster get paid in the PASL? Do players get paid for practices, appearances, etc.?
    • I could be wrong but I don't think Ed can get anyone a bank job anymore. Maybe with his trucking company, but as far as I know he has nothing to do with 1st Mariner.
    • Why would any of these guys need an agent to take more money from their pockets?

2. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes that is a game cap only from what I understand . Players have 2nd jobs and do not practice every day . Ed hale sill owns most of the stock in 1st mariner bank he just no longer runs the bank , Ed Hale does not own a trucking company his son owns it now .As for a agent : Agents are only used to read over the contract the one I know charges a flat rate for misl player , they get a % when they go out doors and get sponsors .

3. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Have heard a lot of people say new league. So it will have a new name?

4. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    remains to be seen.

Blastnut2 repped this.
  5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the only trademark I can find that is active and that does not have the MISL or PASL name I Do know the Attorney on record has done a lot of trademark stuff for the Blast over the years .

[​IMG]
    Word Mark NISL NATIONAL INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE
    Goods and Services
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of professional indoor soccer games; Organisation of sports competitions. FIRST USE: 20080904. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20080904
    Mark Drawing Code(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
    Design Search Code26.11.21 - Rectangles that are completely or partially shaded
    Trademark Search Facility Classification CodeLETTER-3-OR-MORE NISL Combination of three or more letters as part of the mark
    SHAPES-GEOMETRIC Geometric figures and solids including squares, rectangles, quadrilaterals and polygons
    SHAPES-MISC Miscellaneous shaped designs
    Serial Number77608626
    Filing DateNovember 6, 2008
    Current Basis1A
    Original Filing Basis1A
    Published for Opposition March 24, 2009
    Registration Number3634958
    Registration DateJune 9, 2009
    Owner(REGISTRANT) National Indoor Soccer League, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY FLORIDA 5200 Vineland Rd., Ste. 100 Orlando FLORIDA 32811
    Attorney of RecordWilliam Robinson
    DisclaimerNO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "NATIONAL INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
    Description of MarkColor is not claimed as a feature of the mark. THE MARK CONSISTS OF STYLIZED LETTERS "NISL" UNDERSCORED BY THE WORDS "NATIONAL INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE", SUPERIMPOSED ON A RECTANGLE.
    Type of MarkSERVICE MARK
    RegisterPRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead IndicatorLIVE