World Cup Contest

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by gringolimon, Dec 4, 2009.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    My Fellow Soccer Fanatics:

I'm interested in doing a prediction contest for the upcoming World Cup. It will consist of predicting the scores of the group play matches, which 2 teams from each group will qualify (and in what order) and who will come out of the next round and so on, until the final.

For those of you who do poorly in the group play matches (and even those who don't), you'll have another shot as I'll be doing another prediction contest but it'll start from the Round of 16 (right after the group stage play is over). It will consist of predicting the scores of that round, the next, and so on, until the final.

The way in which I will be assigning points to each correct answer or semi-correct answer (got the winning team correct but not the exact score) will be addressed later but way before the start of the tournament.

Right now I just want to know if there is some interest in this. I'm hopping that this is a world wide event as subscribers from all over the world will participate.

If you are interested, please post a comment on the this thread in order to provide you with updates and please feel free to invite others.

Thank you and good luck to all the people whose countries will be playing come this summer.