World Cup 2022 Coming to USA After All? Zwanziger works to strip Qatar of 2022 World Cup

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by wdepner, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They can bring in security from their neighbours, I'm sure! Besides, what happened in Port Said was crazy, but the Qatar WC is another 10 years in the future! The world will have moved on.

In what way, I have NO idea!

2. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suspect that the "Arab Spring" will have run its revolutionary course by 2022, and by then we will be seeing a 'new' Middle East. How it all works for the WC in term of security is very much up in the air.

10 years is a long time. But we will have new democracies all over the place. All of which will be new and relatively untried. And maybe they will become breeding grounds for the next round of terrorists who will want to have a go at the west, as well as at the likes of Saudi Arabia.

OR it could all herald an Arab Summer! An era of peace, prosperity, milk and honey will hold sway!

We will not really know what is happening for at least 5 years, really!

1 person likes this.
  3. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all know that the Al Said thing was caused by unprofessional security for a Egyptian League match. Also right now Egypt is going through hell. Qatar is different. They are not as bad as Egypt plus I went to support India in Asia Cup 2011 (sad days) and it was a great experience. I am sure the Qatari officials will have MUCH better security than the Al Said game.

By the way, dont mention the 1972 Olympics. That was just a sad day for the world and Germany who wanted to show that they were a new safer country.

4. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like what you are saying, but in the mind of a madman that also means 10 years to plan and practice a terrorist plot. Qatar is going to need world class security and information to plan for this threat and putting a couple extra of those shameful guards that beat women at the AFC finals is not going to cut it.

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Holy shit, you're a bedwetter. Revolutionary Port Said is EXACTLY LIKE Munich in '72, which will somehow transmute to Doha 2022 through...osmosis?...and Black September II will kidnap and murder Jonathan Bornstein and Benny Feilhaber and any other semi-Jewish athletes.

You're a ********ing nutjob.

6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that the specific situation of political and social unrest in Egypt in 2012 won't have a direct impact on the World Cup in Qatar in 2022? That's just nutty.

7. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hopefully they will have learnt their lessons from this experience.

Though somehow, given what happens with policing round Europe which uses heavy tactics to keep a lid on trouble, and yet it STILL happens, I am not sure that they will.

It could very well be that they learn from it, then forget!

8. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It already almost happened at France 98.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/footba...nited-star-beckham-and-arsenal-keeper-seaman/

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/fourfo...en-arsenal-and-the-plot-to-shoot-shearer.aspx

“The point man should make his way to Seaman and blow himself up next to him. The second brother should throw a grenade at the reserve players. The third brother should carry a gun and shoot Shearer.”
    Letter outlining an alleged plot by Al-Qaeda allies to kill England stars at France 98.

Those guys could be getting jobs in the country already, right now and nobody would suspect a thing ten years later. As far as I know, the Qatari people are mostly businessmen whose primary concern it is to make money. I doubt that they spend a fraction of what we do for national defense or have an intelligence agency nearly as sophisticated as the CIA. Why would they need one? When is the last time Qatar has been threatened or attacked by terrorist like we have here?

It seems to me that instead of arguing with FIFA over air conditioning, they should start working on making everyone feel safe.

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    :rolleyes:

The writer at the FourFourTwo link can barely contain his mockery of the "plot" and goes on to say the evidence is scant and requires quite the suspension of disbelief to take seriously.

There's no way in hell I'm clicking on that first link at work.

Get your mom to launder your sheets. It's unsanitary to wallow in your own filth.

10. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is that why our government disregarded that terrorist could hijack planes into the pentagon, even though they had reports on it beforehand? Hindsight.. it blurs our perception of things after the fact.

If it had happened though, nobody would be laughing about it now, even if the explosion has blown Seamen's head into the opposing goal.

11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's pretty apparent that you either didn't read the FourFourTwo article you linked, or you read at a 3rd grade level of comprehension.

Change your sheets. It's starting to smell.

12. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think that you are letting you personal bias on the opinion, overwhelm your nasal capacity because the elephant dung that the Qatari FA is trying to pull with the winter world cup is far worse than what I'm peddling. It's just too dangerous there and should never happen.

FIFA should make an example out of Egypt and ban them for at least ten years, which is twice as a long as English teams were banned after Heysel even though Port Said was at least thrice as bad. People have to learn that this type of thing must never happen again.

13. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Please do tell me what my "personal bias" is.

A top threat assessment and security firm has Doha as the lowest risk possible, lower than most of the US (the rest of Qatar is on par with the US). Egypt is properly in the second highest category, along with Bahrain.

Jesus Christ...talk about comparing apples and durian. The Egypt incident had precious little to do with football and nearly everything to do with the revolutionary politics there. Heysel was a combination of truly unruly English hools, scared-shitless Italian supporters, and inadequate policing.

And again, Egypt is nothing like Qatar and is both geographically and culturally completely different. About all they have in common is majority religion and sand.

14. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have always pictured you like this.

[​IMG]

No, you are getting lost in the details. They are both apples... BAD apples!

That, and disdain for anything American!

15. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Cute, but not even close.

This - as is getting common with your posts - makes no sense.

Yeah, you're a complete idiot.

Bob Bradley is the national team coach in Egypt (and may actually be the highest ranking man in the FA at the moment). Qatar houses the remnants of our massive base in Saudi (at Prince Sultan airbase) at Al-Udeid and rather enjoys the shit out of the 5th Fleet being right next door guaranteeing their LNG exports.

16. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    content deleted by moderator

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That may be the most intelligent thing you've said thus far.

...the ********? You have nothing to support your original argument other than "icky brown Mohammedans", so you plop down the neo-con argument? You're either doing a hell of a job deflecting by deftly going into self-parody or you're actually an earnest embodiment of Spotswoode and Team America from Matt Stone & Trey Parker's 2004 masterpiece.

18. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    You are close but not close enough. Cyclonis is clever and is also a deeply buried agent. As us red-blooded Americans keep reading his posts we become dumber and dumber until we can't oppose him & his co-patriots as they impose shariah on us.

1 person likes this.
  19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You, sir, offer a truly frightening picture of the future! :eek:

20. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States