World Cup 2022 Coming to USA After All? Zwanziger works to strip Qatar of 2022 World Cup

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by wdepner, Dec 5, 2011.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So this man is celebrating the murder of andres escobar? respect! and some version say that the CIA is responsible about this murder

Do you have heart?

why you laugh about this murder?

2. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Actually I was bringing up the point that trolling US soccer when Colombia's golden team was beaten by the USA and knocked out in the first round is a weak position to be arguing from.

I was not laughing until your claims that the CIA killed Escobar. Now that is funny. :D:D:D

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So you laugh about escobar deaths, his family suffered.....

if we lost that match,,,,was because drug dealers warn the players 5 minutes before and you were home!

Racist!!! Stop iraq and apfganistan masaccre, you all hate muslims and that is the reason that you want to strip qatar the wc

4. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Although it is not beyond me to mock the dead, in this instance I was not doing so. I was laughing at your ridiculous claim that the CIA killed Escobar.

Huh??? :confused:

I think the underlining factor is that they bought the world cup after never having qualified and that 2022 is going to be nothing more than a shameless propaganda exercise that tries to promote the Middle East as some economic and social haven when in fact it is a place of religious extremism where mercy killings of young women happen all the time, and the populace is under strict law that make Mussolini's fascist regime seem like candyland.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  6. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow! All this got weird all of a sudden! Now we have racism allegations being thrown around! And all of them totally wide of the mark!

As long as Qatar won the bid fairly, then fine. Though I must admit, I expect them to follow through, and nearly bankrupt themselves over this! Along with the chaos caused because there is a whole bunch of laws that will need to be changed!

HOWEVER, there has been enough mud slung to stick to cast a MASSIVE doubt over the fairness of the Qatari bid that makes it likely that it was not won in the most fair and equitable manner.

As for the side issue of Qatar being better than the US.

Erm. No. USA is currently ranked 33, Qatar ranked 97. Does this make the US the best in the world? No. They are ranked 33. England are ranked 5. (God knows how!)

And Viscous (or whatever), if you really followed Qatari football, then you would not make claims like they would beat the US 10 times.

It is possible.

But the likelihood is that out of 10 games, the US would win 6-7 of them, and draw the rest.

Unless the Qatari's decide to play defensive, cheat, and try to kick lumps out of the opposition (And I can say this as I too have seen plenty of games the Qatari's have been in!)

Oh, and no-one accuse me of racism! I'm not racist! I hate everyone! (apart from my wonderful Japanese girlfriend!)

7. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should have left it alone.

8. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite beer is Stella Artois. It's a tasty treat.

10. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rack's on rack's

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5w21_Vphbg"]YC - Racks ft. Future - YouTube[/ame]

11. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm guessing this...
    isn't trolling?

Then I can proudly say, without trolling, "Antigua and Barbuda can woop Colombia".

12. LordHeadcheez

LordHeadcheez New Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could a mod please ban the two Colombian trolls? I think they have crossed the TOS by now.

Back on topic, I was in Japan during the Asian Cup a year ago and It was heartbreaking to see the 90% empty stadiums. If Qatar can't pull out a decent crowd for the Asian Cup, How will they handle the largest tournament in the history of mankind?

If the host was, for example, Saudi Arabia, I would not mind. They are a soccer crazy nation who will put out great attendance. I have nothing against a Middle Eastern World Cup, But why Qatar? Especially after the flop of the Asian Cup. I don't think it will work too well. I personally would have given the tournament to the Aussies. They deserve some love, especially because of the rise of soccer there in the last 20 years.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh the colombians out!, have talked mr america.......Fire the latin people from the forum, because we are the best country in the world and that colombians sucks....

really mods are you going to ban because your racist friend?

14. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy this thread went splat.

15. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Qatar (and by extension most the other GCC countries) have no supporter culture and really don't have the passion for sport. If big teams are playing you can bet they'll sell out easily (eg. the Brazil friendlies) other than that only the national team can garner a decent-sized (not a sellout) crowd. When they hosted the Pan-Arab Games last month they had to resort to giving out the tickets for free and that still didn't solve the problem of poor attendance.

I don't think they are too concerned about recouping the money invested in this World Cup but FIFA isn't going to be too happy about not making $$ because of poor ticket sales. Add in the fact that they duped the world into believing they could air condition the outside and the fact that slave labor is still a major problem in Qatar... Well it's not looking good right now to say the least.

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Amazing. You've actually managed to go from pathetic to pathetic-er.

Congratulations.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ok, when we said that we think that qatar is best than USA you start to say that we are trolled...and now we are pathetic....so what you want that i think?

18. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    inb4 lock and double red card.

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    This is pretty undeniably true.

This may be true of Qatar and maybe Bahrain, but the other GCC countries have quite a lot of passion for the sport. They just show their passion for foreign teams, typically, and almost invariably the top teams.

20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Can anyone translate this for me?

21. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys are disrespecting Qatar, they are not a bad NT, USA neither, but off course they can beat the USA of nowdays, and what the hell are you guys talking that Qatar doesnt has passion for football? look first at the USA, football is not even in the top 5, your cheers sucks, you dont have a footballistic culture like in South America or Mexico, USA is one of the countries with less football culture in America, so dont say that Qatar doesnt has passion, maybe they like it more than you guys.

And USA is not America.

22. Goforthekill

Goforthekill Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can someone close this ****ing thread. it's now just a stupid argument. i'm not going to contribute my opinion because it would make this argument even worse.

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    They're actually pretty awful. And that's AFTER they've improved recently through their fast-track citizenship program for East African and low-level Brazilian mercenaries.

Nope.

One need only look at how they ran and responded to hosting the Asian Cup. Pretty laughable.

And what does that say about pretty much everywhere where it's #1 that the US is consistently in the top 32 in the world?

No one can argue that, but who cares?

Again, what does it say about all the places where it's the only thing going?

It is possible (indeed likely) that BOTH places are pretty passionless. Imagine!

Tell that to most Europeans (esp. Brits), who tend to use that descriptor for us way, way more than we do ourselves.

24. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is impossible arguing with people that are blind and just want to see the things that are good for them, thats why football in the USA will suck forever and ever, bye.

25. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    (psst! Not to nit-pick, but spread the word amongst your countrymen that England and Britain are not one and the same! I`ve seen a few TV commercials advertising the upcoming Olympics as from London, England. England isnt taking part in the Olympics, its The UK. Thanks!)

Anyhoo. The US is not in the top 32. Currently ranked 33.

Qatar is ranked 97.

With regards fans. During the World Cup in 94, US stadia where pretty full. During the Asian Cup in Qatar, mostly empty.