World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. kgriff28

kgriff28 Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So someone tell me how hard is it to get tickets if I apply and don't get the games I want? Is it as simple as buying from another person and/or can you trade tickets?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Those arrangements seem pretty easy to do though. Especially with the existence of the 'TAM Brazil Airpass' which allows you to fly to up to 9 destinations for something like $1100 (or 5 destinations for $700). Here is the link: http://www.tam.com.br/b2c/vgn/v/?vgnextoid=ef41105ac2e7b110VgnVCM1000005f05a8c0RCRD

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I doubt that's correct but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

[]__[]

4. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I tried getting for the confederation cup and wasnt able because I was set on the type of tickets and the location. If you are flexible you might have a better chance on getting tickets. For the world cup I want Sao Paulo or Brasilia tickets and prefer Sao Paulo. But this time I wont care if they are up front on way in the back I'll be flexible to have a better chance on getting them.

[]__[]

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FIFA make their money from broadcasting rights/sponsorship.

Ticket sales go entirely to the host country. It's all pretty clear in their accounts.

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ah FIFA accounts. No argument with that then. They don't happen to mention there how much they received for giving Qatar the 2022 disaster.

7. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was to cover their unorganized asses

8. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They do a report of the breakdown of the income from each world cup. Ticket revenue, which goes to the organising committee, who run ticket sales, is separate.

Unless you believe the hosts are going to steal ticket revenues from themselves to give to FIFA, for no discernible reason, the cynicism is a little misplaced.

FIFA made $3.6 billion from the 2010 world cup (revenue, not profit). Ticket revenue was another $300 million. It's a minor part of the overall income as far as FIFA is concerned, but it's a vital part to the organising committee, as the hosts have few other sources of revenue. If FIFA kept it there'd be no point at all in hosting a world cup, as countries would lose a fortune.

Given how construction work has been a shambles, missing deadline after deadline, and the promised infrastructure upgrades have apparently been so badly managed that it's thought they won't even be ready by 2016, it might just be a little easier to look closer to home for reasons for more delays.

9. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  10. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Removed from the fifa-site. So I think those were the real prices for Brasil 2014.A 10% price increase related to South Africa 2010.

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If they were the real prices then why would they not put them up officially now rather than this show of utter incompetance.

12. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Europeans are going to Brazil? I thought they were afraid of South America lol

13. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank goodness for the LOL.

14. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting that the prices seem to vary from venue to venue.

15. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think they do. The VSTs have different number of games in some of them.

16. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  17. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
  18. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FIFA will next be telling us they have the dates of the competition wrong now.

19. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    unbelievable, it was there and now its gone. But i've got it. Ticketprices same as in the pictures above.
    final cat1: $990, cat2 $660, cat 3, $440. And there is a cat 4, only for Brasilians. And those prices are quite low. Final cat 4: R$330 ($165) or even R$165 ($83), cat4 discounted, what ever that may been.

A group match for cat 4 is R$ 60 ($30) of cat 4 discounted R$30 ($15)

(there is a fixed-exchange rate between dollars and Reals (1:2) during the sales proces).

PM if you want the pdf-file

20. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. RossiPaolo

RossiPaolo New Member

May 3, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    FC Groningen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I like how they just divided by 2 to convert from Brazilian RAI to US$ even though that is not even close to the current exchange rate anymore. #ripoff

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I saw it too. But then again, why just post an easily-accessible and informative PDF file when you can delay everything another day and have a press conference instead (where they will no doubt pat themselves on the back for offering such low priced tickets):

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=2137523/index.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    depends on the supply and demand of the games you have and want... trading is not as easy as you think since there are factors like category and quantity involved plus where to meet up.

How they distribute the tickets is a factor as well (dont think they released any information on that today)

25. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Generally you only get sent tickets 4-6 weeks ahead of the world cup starting, to stop people buying them to sell on.

You could trade tickets before that. It just depends how much you trust the person you are trading with.