World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just a thought..... You guys ever wonder if, based on the fact that so few people on here got awarded tickets to the Final match, FIFA may have decided to award those tickets to mainly Brazilians kind like a target market?

This way the Final would really h ave a true Brazilian feel and atmosphere to it. Kind of like a marketing gimmick for good TV ratings, as you want people watching it on TV to experience the deep cultural roots of the tournament's host nation. It might not feel as 'special' to those casual spectators who wanna taste more than just the soccer. Haha there may be some truth in that, who knows really? But I honestly wouldn't put anything past FIFA. Haha

2. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Confirm the data changed in multiples of 2 and 4 across high demand games between 4-8 minutes before it opened. My guess is FIFA IT guys put their hand in the cookie jar. The scale was too small to be any organized virtual cue break.......well in my opinion only. #FIFAareCorrupt

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I put a ticket into the resale portal and then when I had second thoughts about it 10 minutes later, I couldn't undo it (even though that was an option) -- my guess is the ticket was already snapped up as it was a USA x Ghana single ticket -- a popular match.

I also did the same thing as you by having used someone else's card to make the purchases in my account. I don't think there will be a huge issue with returning the funds -- as long as FIFA has the correct SWIFT / IBAN number to return the amount to the proper bank that your friend has, it should all be fine.

4. paulc.10

paulc.10 Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hey Bigsoccer!

I'm in need of 4 tickets to USA vs Germany (any cat). I have 2 category 1 tickets to Ro16 in Recife for trade! Thanks guys!

5. Bogdan Nichita

Bogdan Nichita New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Lausanne
    Club:
    FC Dinamo Bucuresti
    Question:

Where we can schedule an appointment to pick-up the tickets? I could not find this option nowhere! Thanks

6. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Did anyone get email confirmation from fifa for today's tickets?

7. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, got them about 2AM this morning, about 6 hours after the tickets were purchased

8. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Me too, 17.07 BST

9. TsaiGotThis

TsaiGotThis New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    okay i have a question, was wondering if you guys could help me answer. its a long story but...

during the very first sales phase, my friend and i BOTH applied for match 63. I listed him as my guest, and he listed me as his guest. Surprisingly, we both were successful and now we have an extra pair of tickets to the same match in our names. Is it possible to transfer our two extra tickets to our other two friends? I checked my account on FIFA and it says "TICKET PRINTED" so am i pretty much screwed?

I want to help my friend put the ticket in his name so he has proof to get a free visa

10. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Question in relation to the tickets FIFA will continue to add for purchase in this Last minute Sales Phase.

Obviously the answer may be all based on speculation but should we expect tickets to be put up daily??

If so would we expect them to arrive at set times??

What happened in SA from those who went would be useful??

11. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From 1 June, remaining tickets can only be purchased over the counter at FIFA ticketing centres in Brazil.

For those with apps (Scorpyn / Royial and another rumoured from someone named Blok), you have 6 weeks to make the most of it.

Should Brazil crash out at any stage during the World Cup, guess where I'll be heading? to the FIFA ticketing centres with a tent :)

12. Felipao91

Felipao91 New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Really unhelpful and told them they probably had to cancel their tickets, but to give e-mail a shot. I told them to e-mail from an anonymous e-mail and see where they land on the issue. Unbelievable the bad luck they've had this far.

13. khawker

khawker New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    --

I'm in the same boat. We have VST's for Rio and want to change a couple of the names as some people have dropped out and others have come in - the site will let us change the names easily but is also saying the tickets have already been printed (in the resale section). When I changed the names, there was no notice to say I'd have to send the originals back to be updated or anything at all.

Perhaps they just scan with a new name or the system shows the names were changed if its checked at the gate?

14. nelsonb97

nelsonb97 Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As I understand, we'll be able to purchase tickets also from the internet from 1 June. The innovation is that you also will be able to buy them in the ticketing centers. Am I right ?

15. ItZa

ItZa Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7090 ItZa, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    My understanding is the online avenue would cease on June 1 (Could be wrong) which does seem strange to me. After looking into it a bit further it does appear there seems to be mixed reports. Not sure who to believe, we'll find out on June 1 i suppose.

From 1 June, remaining tickets can only be purchased over the counter at FIFA ticketing centres in Brazil.

16. Jay C.

Jay C. New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    How do you guys know if tickets are already printed? I got 2 tickets from the PMA lottery and another one from the FCFS that ended in 1 in April. When I tried to go to the resale platform I was able to sell only the ticket I won in the FCFS, although I cannot find anywhere the word "printed" in my ticketing account.
    Another strange thing is that the ticket I won in the FCFS is to be delivered to me in mail. I've never checked that option and never paid a delivery fee, I guess it's just a bug.

17. khawker

khawker New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I go to the ticket resale section, accept the terms and conditions and then on the next page it has a bunch of text and at the bottom shows my tickets (just the games and the names of the people attending) with 'Ticket Printed' under 'Status' there

18. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    In 2010 tickets were put up reasonably regularly - every few days or so some more FIFA tickets would appear and once the resale platform swung into action properly tickets would appear several times per day. No consistency as to the time they appeared on the system, as far as I can recall.

MFKS78 repped this.
  19. bull306

bull306 Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    In the last few weeks before the SA World Cup, some TST7's were returned. I was lucky enough to snag one of them. I think someone had a scanner at that time too - and picked up that a very small number of Final tickets had been returned. They lasted a matter of seconds on the system and there was some speculation as to whether they truly existed. As another poster has mentioned, some Final tickets were released by UEFA in the last few weeks before Euro 2012. Whether that is repeated for this tournament is less likely, I fear.

MFKS78 repped this.
  20. bytheseatofmypants

Oct 29, 2013
    London, UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The fact that you can't change the name on tickets ordered as far back as November is absurd (for those who are having them delivered), particularly since FIFA did not make name changes possible prior to the tickets being sent out. This confirms one thing to me: they do not care whatsoever whose name is on the ticket, because if they did, there would be hundreds if not thousands of people at each match who purchased the tickets in good faith who would be affected. Then again, FIFA are no strangers to fiascos.

21. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    To quote a quote of this forum on another forum. "If they didn't check names in Germany, they sure as hell ain't checking names in Brazil"

Miggy repped this.
  22. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    well in my opinion only. #FIFAareCorrupt
    Not just your opinion, many others.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  23. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The World Cup Final is just like the Superbowl. A few people in the general public can buy tickets, but the majority of the tickets go to sponsors, associates, high level officials, and other notable people in the industry.

24. Chris McCormack

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Yes, I have the same for England PMA, if they finish 2nd I will have double match 50. There is nothing wrong with this. Thya can not stop you having a ticket to the game that your team may or may not play in.

Quemaaas repped this.
  25. benben16

benben16 New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey everybody
    I have a ticket to match 4 chile x australia cat 1
    Am willing to sell or trade, anyone interested?