World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes but when was this FCFS session?

2. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is referring to the first come first serve phase, which starts on November 11th. Free for all for tickets, prepare to sit and keep refreshing for hours to hope that something you want comes up.

3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No what i am saying is which FCFS phase is he remembering because I think the returns will only be available from April not November 11th. FIFA want to make over ordering very unappealing and they are hardly going to let people do this before the draw in December.

4. Alejandro C

Alejandro C New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I´m pretty sure I got 3 tickets for match #59. Got 100% of my application charged to my CC so thats included, and what I tried to do is go to cities with potentially less demand. 1 match in Natal, 2 in Recife and 2 in Salvador

5. Romario_84

Romario_84 New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Congrats to all those who got tickets!! I guess I will be seeing you there! I applied for the opening game, the first 2 games in rio and the 2nd in BH (cat 1 x 2). My CC got charged for $375 (CAD), so I got one game only (not the opening for sure), but now I have to wait and see whether it will be in Rio or BH! All the games I applied for were 'High' demand, though odds are I got the BH tickets. It would be sooo cool if it turns out these are actually Rio tickets, let's wait and see!
    Do you guys think our CCs could be charged more than once for the same application, on an ongoing basis? Or is it a one-time charge for what you get finally?

Cheers :)

6. Zakkaa

Zakkaa New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Cheers for the reply, not the answer I was hoping for :(
    Congrats on your tickets. Was hoping for some reason these hadn't been drawn yet... Was successful with some group stage games :) but haven't got any of those 3 games so far (50,58,59)

7. Vinny Smith

Vinny Smith New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Long time reader...first time poster :).

I would imagine that with the amount of requests needing to be drawn, charged, etc. that we will still see more people hearing back in the next day or so.

Or maybe I am just being overly optimistic :).

Just seems strange that if they were just doing it yesterday, they were able to pull all the tickets by now?

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Maybe I'm being optimistic too, but surely I couldn't have gone 0-for-7. Only 1 of the games I applied to was "high demand". 5 of them were group-stage matches in the less touristy NorthEast part of the country. So I'm going to assume for now that no news is NOT bad news.

9. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I received an email from Chase Fraud Alert and I got excited like a mad man. Called them only to realize that it was an email notification of the call I had made last night about making my account ready for a potential FIFA transaction. More heartbreak. :'(. Never had I thought I would be so excited upon seeing a "Fraud Alert" on my credit card.

So I'm now wearing my favorite Spain jersey to increase the good vibe around me. :p

10. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm hopeful that mine plays out this way.

11. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did anyone place orders for low demand tickets and get rejected? Or have all rejections been in the medium/high demand categories?

12. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i haven't heard of 1 person with a successful app from Curitiba.

13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    No sign yet of my 96 final tickets. ;-(

14. TheTreasurer

TheTreasurer Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Still no luck for me but my friend has seared my Australian TST5 ticket already, so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

15. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I signed up for USA TST 7 CAT 3 - it was low demand. Nothing so far.

16. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This isn't a first come first served sales phase.

For 2010 you couldn't re-sell until a couple of months before the tournament

17. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I'm in the same boat - are we blacklisted by FIFA?

18. Pilsung Corea

Pilsung Corea New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I did...everything looking good. Charge still "pending" though. At least its from FIFA and for 100% of my tickets (4 group games in Natal)

19. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I applied for USA TST 5 CAT 3. Also low demand. Nothing for me either.

20. ayon

ayon New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    does anybody knows what time is "first come first serve" for sealing tickets start?

21. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I'm USA TST-5 category 1, willing to go down to lower categories and lower number of games. No pending charges for me yet.

22. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too, USA TST-5. Nothing yet.

23. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I am TST 5 and my friend is TST 4 (not multiple apps - there are 8 of us going). All the TST5 cats were green and the TST4's (cat 2) were green. Nothing at all. Very strange. Either we have not been notified, or the color codes were not correct or FIFA has decreased the number of TST's than they originally thought due the lack of demand. Let's post as soon as we get any news on these.

24. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've got a pending charge for £672.68 at the second time of asking. Appeared between 19:30 and 20:00 GMT. Today has been so stressful. Got a call this morning from my CC company about suspected fraud. This is despite me pre-warning them. They confirmed that it was FIFA ticketing trying to take the money (at 5am GMT) and that they would allow it on a second attempt. Spoke to and emailed FIFA. Thought it might be some time before they tried to take the money again, especially as it is automated. Now finally my available balance has decreased by the right amount. Looks to be 2 sets of 4 cat 2 tickets. Probably both at Recife.

Was so nervous all day, mostly about letting my mates down if the charge didn't get through in the end. Hopefully we'll get some more in later rounds but at least we have something. It all starts to feel a bit more real now. We're going to the pub for the match draw, even that will be very exciting.

I applied for 4 tickets to each of these:
    Rio match 11 cat 1 or lower
    Rio match 19 cat 1 or lower
    Recife match 24 cat 2 or lower
    Rio match 31 cat 2 or lower
    Recife match 34 cat 2 or lower
    Rio match 42 cat 2 or lower
    Rio match 50 cat 2 or lower

Just hope we haven't got Rio one day followed by Recife the next. Don't think the travel will be viable between them. Would be very happy if it is 2 matches in Recife as spending our time in the north east will be cheaper and more chance of getting tickets later on. Amazed that so many on here appear to have done so well. Gives hope for later stages. I guess relatively few Brazilans can afford the high price tickets. I also wonder how many applications were chucked out for breaking rules. Perhaps those ever changing demand indicators in recent days was FIFA validating applications.

I am so very happy right now. Thanks to the informative posters on here. I've been lurking for a while and it has been very useful.

25. LFCMVFC

LFCMVFC New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    There was definitely an option to accept less games and lower categories when I applied for my TST7.