World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not really surprised with this. If they awarded everyone full TST-7's, they would have to allocate potentialy way too many Finals tickets.

2. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't downgrade TSTs. Either you get the full number or nothing. The whole point is to get to the final. I don't want to follow say Ghana (if they were to put the US out) around for two more games and then not get a ticket to the final. I would cancel the whole deal and then get TSTs through USSoccer.

3. crw75

crw75 Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Aug 5, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We applied for 4 Cat-1 tickets for 4 games - Belo Horizonte (21/6), Rio (22/6), Brasilia (23/6) and Salvador (25/6) - and it looks like we got two of them based on the credit card authorization. Odds are, we got the B.H. and Salvador games since Rio is Rio and Brazil is playing in the Brasilia game.

4. tinalimey

tinalimey New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Florida, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I selected the options for both lower seat cats and lower TST Quantity, thinking it would give me a better chance of scoring any England-specific tickets at all. Guess I was right. :)

This is my first WC and I'm just thrilled I got any tickets at all for England. We'll probably be knocked out of the round of 16 on pens anyway. LOL

UrNumbrOneCrush repped this.
  5. Absolut Fire

Absolut Fire Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Applied for 2 tix Cat. 1 (Game 40) Belo Horizonte
    2 tix Cat. 2 (Game 47) Sao Paulo
    4 tix Cat. 3 (Round 16) Rio

Checked my cc today and all I got was the Belo Horizonte game but I am very very very happy. Im trying to get a hold of my friend who im going with he applied for 2 games in Rio and 1 game in Curitiba

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I did not get the Fortaleza game (Brazil playing) I may actually stay extra days in Mamaus, so the low demand for that city may work in my favor.

Then again, even if not able to get into the Brazil game in Fortaleza, just being in Fortaleza for that game could be a very fun time.

7. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I think I need to unsubscribe from this thread. I'm getting depressed about not getting tickets, due to Chase "protecting" me and me not warning them.

8. Murphalot

Murphalot Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Still plenty of rounds to apply for tickets for that game as well. And FCFS

9. jbauer

jbauer Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    With regards to re-selling tickets to FIFA, if i remember correctly will this only open a few months before the start of the tournament?

So if someone pays for tickets now but wants to resell, they will be hit in the pocket for a while! Can anyone clarify?

10. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't beat yourself up. Why do I have the feeling that even if you called and notified Chase, they would still reject the charges. CC authorization decisions are made by computer algorithms, not by people. I have heard of someone who called and authorized BoA and BoA still declined the charges.

11. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes I think it will be April at the earliest for the FIFA resale portal and you get nothing if they cannot sell the ticket and I think they take a commission of 10% for the pleasure.

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have any people who went in for the threatened 'Multiple madness' in trying for tickets, got a fist full or have they got nothing?

13. Murphalot

Murphalot Member

Mar 31, 2006
    I suspect that you will be able to give them back immediately. They haven't had a FCFS period this early before.

UEFA had the resale portal open early after the first lottery for EURO 2012 and people could give tickets back. I think it will be like that. Then again..........I could be talking nonsense.

14. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am suprised by how many people were successful in getting Rio tickets. Maybe demand wasn't as high as they made it seem.

15. Murphalot

Murphalot Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Anyone landed the final? What seems to be the craic here?

16. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think the demand for Cat 4 was insane...

17. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree entirely and in fact bearing in mind there were probably no more than 300,000 tickets available in this phase I am staggered at how much people got. I have heard few people with SP tickets and Curitiba seems more difficult than Rio.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is the FCFS phase going to include tickets for all games ? Or did FIFA put the whole pool of tickets available for purchase in Phase 1 for all games and if they sold out they won't be in subsequent phases ?

19. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've done so many of these things now,and they change the process a little each time.
    Good luck to everyone,this is my seventh.
    Many times I have been shut out at the initial stages,I always manage to get to games.
    Don't worry,it's a good community,lads will have tickets to sell,there is a resale site and other ticket windows.

Just to join the list,no money on my CC yet. We shall see.

I do have flights and hotels fully booked. Thats the tricky bit ;)

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doubt there will be tickets for many individual categories. mainly Manaus Cuiaba, TSTs & VSTs.

21. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    disagree... a least in SA I was able to get Jburg games on FCFS and that was involving a seeded team. I kept refreshing for days. I would say I saw 90% of tickets pop up at some point.

22. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they declined the charge and then you told them to authorize it, FIFA will try to charge again without dumping your tickets back into the lottery. Happened to me in 2010 and I was freaking out, but I got the tickets in the end. Just give it a couple days.

23. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Finals tickets on the resale/FCFS phase in 2010 (for a short time). Euro 2012 was similar, there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason as to what tickets come up, you just have to check often.

24. RabsWorld

RabsWorld New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    New York Metro area
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This post is for sharing. I will share:) Yesssssssss! I'm GOLDEN!
    FIFA WORLD CUP TICKETI ZURICH CHE charge (like … reduced my "credit available") of $705USD on my US bank Mastercard
    THAT! is exactly what i bid for in this Phase 1 sales lottery.
    What did I win for shaking the dice and betting?
    ALL CATEGORY 2 Match-specific tickets for these stages + cities
    Group Match 20 $135 USD Porto Alegre
    Group Match 25 $135 USD Salvador
    Group Match 31 $135 USD Rio De Jan
    Group Match 40 $135 USD Belo Horizonte
    Round of 16 - Match 51 $165 USD Forteleza
    All adds up to $705 - Receiving that official FIFA letter later is just a formality. I'm golden!

Now.. Will the Ghana Black Stars (Not qualified .. yet) or the USA USMNT be in any of these matches? I won't know until December 6th finally. But babeeeeee! I'm going to Brazil (God willing!) for one of the greatest passions in life. REAL FOOTBALL competition! Hooooooooooo!

I will use the FCFS phase to attempt to score match tickets for these national teams if any play group matches in Saõ Paulo to make a real nice visit of the fab country Brazil.

25. Zakkaa

Zakkaa New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi, does anyone think they have been allocated any individual match tickets for the following yet? (tough ones to get, I know). Haven't seen anyone boasting about these yet

match 50 - Rio last 16
    match 58 - Rio qtr final
    match 59 - Salvador qtr final

Thanks