World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Richard one thing that makes me doubt this is that for the 2nd Round in Port Elizabeth I tried for any ctegory in the first two draws and got nothing but when it came to it it was the most under sold game of the tournement. As I say I think TSTs will be in many cases under sold here and will come back as individual tickets in the Spring.

2. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
  3. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    any guess on my odds for this scenario:

- three people, in Rio for the third week (round robin)
    - lottery tickets, don't really care the price so any seats
    - there are two games in Rio during the week we are there. We'd like tickets to both (obviously)

4. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From the first lottery I would guess 20-1

5. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    I'd be optimistic about getting those tickets sooner or later though, it's a big stadium and not the home team.

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well I hope your right as I would suggest the a good majority of foreign fans will spend some time in Rio. Also in past WCs there has ben no trouble selling out at the big city stadia, paris, Munich, Berlin, Cape Town Jo Berg.

7. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im looking to stay in natal for my trip. hoping to get tickets to the first 3 games.

8. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    That's a good point that I hadn't thought of.
    I'm not saying it won't sell out, just that I think tickets should be gettable with a bit of perseverance. They are only group games, which aren't usually too hard to find unless the draw brings two really well-supported teams together.

9. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A European world cup will always sell out barring some very unattractive games (Angola v Iran in Leipzig was a classic example, but at least getting a ticket was easy).

Cape Town and Johannesburg were always going to be the most popular destinations for overseas travellers, as Rio will no doubt be this time round, attracting rather more applications than Fortaleza and Cuiaba, no doubt.

10. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you really dont care for the prices might as well get a hospitality package which are available already.

[]__[]

11. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Let me restate that. If the lottery has price levels, I don't mind putting in for "any ticket". I looked into the packages as well as via a travel group, and no. I am not paying that :geek:

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I love the packages I have seen so far. Huge number of caveats, no match tickets but all sorts of other crap and a huge price. For once FIFA have done it right stopping them getting tickets.

13. Tyler Buchman

Tyler Buchman New Member

May 26, 2013
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Are a certain number of tickets given to each football association of the matches involved?

14. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, but only about 4000 or so usually. It's often hard to get those unless you watch the national team regularly.

There's also an amount separate from those allocations called team specific tickets, where you can apply to follow a team from 3 - 7 games. Some apply for such tickets for nations unlikely to bring a large number of fans, where they'll have very good odds of getting one.

Sometimes a ticket for 7 games guarantees you a ticket right up to the final, even if "your" team is knocked out. Sometimes though, it only applies up until the point when your team is knocked it. It seems to vary from tournament to tournament.

What you can't usually do is apply for a team specific ticket along with tickets for individual games. It's one or the other.

15. West Coast

West Coast Member

Feb 4, 2006
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did any US Supporters' members not get WC tickets for South Africa? I remember a lot of people were mad about not getting tickets for Germany. I joined the US Supporters Club last May.

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Stopping who? You mean only the poor people, the well off will have no problem paying for the hospitality packages. In fact the most expensive ones are already sold out.

[]__[]

17. Paul Ryu

Paul Ryu Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  18. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    $5000 for a two-week break, tickets not included?

Why is that amazing?

puertorricane repped this.
  19. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    quite pricey.. if you consider 5k for the trip. say 1k for the flight over and back, that turns out to be 300 bucks per night for 13 nights for a shared room.

20. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    300/night which will include getting you around brasil to the stadiums the US team plays in. If you aren't comfortable making those kind of arrangements yourself, it's not a bad deal.

21. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, july 1st is here and the only thing fifa updated was to remove saying july 1st was the day they would submit ticket prices.

22. kgriff28

kgriff28 Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    kgriff28, the most annoying aspect is that I have seen 17th July in one place and 19th in another. 16 or 18 days is a really big gap for something that presumably was all dealt with and ready to go some time ago. I always loathe the FIFA corporate cover ups and here hoping no one will notice that July 1st became 'in due course' . Sort of thing my Grandmother said when she meant 'no'. I can only think there is going to be a major overall of tickets, whether VSTs or varying prices at different grounds but I don't know why as the WC will have greater demand and foreign visitors than the Confed. cup.

24. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fifa is just trying to work out the cut all their corrupt asses are getting before making the prices public. They want to make sure they all are happy with their amount.

[]__[]

25. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nice thoughts, but FIFA doesn't make a penny from ticket sales.