World Cup 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by teamdragon, Jun 6, 2010.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    That NSR mysterious aura damages the psyche of opposing players.

Coefficients, man. It's all about the coefficients.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    One man circus is on show again.

[​IMG]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/16/diego-maradona-argentina-pele-platini

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    as of now, swiss 1-0 spain

i think this world cup brings quite alot bankruptcies.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    FucК Spain/Barcelona. Cost me money.

I know General Ottmar Hitzfeld is organized and everything but is every disadvantaged team playing like Mourinho's team now?

5. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank goodness I delayed putting a bet on Spain or I'll be out of pocket

6. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Have you only just noticed :rolleyes:. Seriously though too many teams employ these negative tactics because unfortunately it works. Mourinho isn't a great innovator or anything he's just realized that if you have a tough defence, robust midfield that can grind a opposition down you're half way there. Then when you get a counter attack or set piece you take it, he's personally no different then Sam Allardyce of Blackburn, it's simply that he's working on far larger budget and achieving international success while doing this. People will notice this and of course copy it because he's shown it works.

7. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah previously those teams all park the bus and bunker down but then lose 0-1 like China. Now everybody's "organized" and "disciplined" and invincible. Overrated Spaniards.

8. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Its sad to see and unfortunately as this World Cup has shown proven to work.

9. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Wish I could rep you!

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm only mad because I lost money. Props to the Swiss for shackling those showy, fancy-schmancy Spaniards.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    care to elaborate the digit(s) of this unexpected expense?

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Don't worry. I'm still alive. And tomorrow will be Thursday. So everything is still good. :p

Spain sucks.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah i feel ya
    a close friend to me lost around $800 (cash advance from visa) on similar match before.

i wish you good luck next time!
    少買多贏:)

14. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Ohho~! North Korea is a crap team?? Where did you pull this one from?? Their defense in the first half was unrivaled until today (by Switzerland). They played a clean, efficient and effective game. You try losing to Brazil 2:1 with China or your beloved HK team. You try.

15. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I don't understand all you NoKo bandwagon fans. Had there not been the novelty and mystique of it being North Korea (who makes news of the unwanted kind), people would probably criticize their anti-football tactics which would make Mourinho proud.
    Bottom line, I am not convinced by what I have seen. I may be proved wrong if the Nokos come up big against Portugal or Ivory Coast (like South Korea did in the friendly), but until then the fact remains they still have 0 points sitting at the bottom of the group.

Yeah it is hard to draw direct comparisons, but you know what? Given the display of Brazil during that game and the form/play of China as of late, I wouldn't doubt a similar scoreline if not better for China. Hell, South Korea could have probably come up with a convincing win similar to their match against Greece.

16. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    LOL. Stop flattering yourself if you could help it. Switzerland won, convincingly. NK lost, convincingly. Don't even put the two side by side, and that's before going into details about how Switzerland has creativity and flare while NK has nothing but if-I-lose-I'd-end-up-getting-sentenced-to-be-a-miner "spirit".

What does the crap NK team have to do with Mainland China or HK (and I don't recall ever saying the HK team is my favorite team, speaking of anyone pulling anything from anywhere)?

Ohho indeed. Here is to you, as I would say to your beloved Dear Leader himself, get a life.

17. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007
    This guy has talent on and off the field. :D
    Once out of their soccer boots Pele and Platini are pretty boring.

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    argentina 4-1 south korea.

the SoRks have a very talented goalkeeper
    or else it would have been a similar defeat to germany 8-0 saudi arabia.

19. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    So China's friendly dispatch of France sent them down the slippery slope of football futility?

20. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Another lacklustre performance and another poor result for France. Snake-bitten? Or is good old Karma finally coming to bite them in the arse? :)

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Don't know why China bothered having a friendly with a joke team like France? To feel better about ourselves? :D

But seriously, if this kind of play continues, France would be lucky to score another goal in this WC.

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I certainly hope it's karma.

I know one shouldn't bring politics into sports in a negative light unless it's related to China, LOL. But can't help it, thinking about how the French harassed the Chinese athletes during the 08 Olympics torch run in Paris.

23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The English harassed the Chinese athletes as well.

Robert Green's gaffe agaisnt USA? :D

24. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Gosh, did you even watch the North Koreans play?? The first half is simply spectacular. If you call what they displayed against Brazil "crappy", I don't know if there is anything that you don't consider "crappy". Perhaps you can coach a team to beat Brazil, TG. LOL. And where the hell did you get "if-I-lose-I'd-end-up-getting-sentenced-to-be-a-miner" from? RFA? Deutsche Welle?

You are one of those who can't distinguish sports from politics, aren't you? Aren't you sick and tired of Laowais ridiculing the Chinese team/delegation (like Bob Costas did in 1996) with those retarded political trashtalking?? China the totalitarian police state... I don't know about you, I know I am sick and tired of those. What's wrong with giving credit where it is due?

Refusing to at least acknowledge that they had a good game is just plain pathetic.

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I couldn't care less about politics here, be it from foreigners or CFF's. :D I call it for what it is and from all I've seen NK is a crap team.

Did you watch how Switzerland played? To compare NK with SUI is simply ridiculous. A soccer match is made up of 90 minutes. A team that is only capable of putting up 40 minutes and then brags about it shouldn't be playing soccer but volleyball or whatever sports that only demands 40 minutes of "spirited" defense.

Easy my boy, one at a time. :D