World Cup 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by teamdragon, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    dunno if you still remember

i am allergic to that 外族廢物. ;)

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man
    hockey is vital component of almost all canadian

i remember working in olympics
    the police officer and custom guards would all pay attention to the usa vs. canada game (group match)

i personally dun watch hockey. but when i see usa smack them first round, the whole nation was depressed.

then when usa vs. canada again at the gold medal match, when sidney crosby scored the winning goal for canada, the whole nation went crazy like trindad and tobago just entered the world cup :D

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    anyway

i am betting spain will win the world cup

spain 6-0 demolished poland

[​IMG]

cesc fabregas and torres came out as sub

and within ten minutes they scored a goal (even after lengthy injury)

the team is almost perfect..with surplus of talents

i sense england will lose at quarterfinal again (if they meet) and netherland will have plenty of injuries again :(

4. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Spain are definitely the favorites here, but I wonder if they will be able to deal with the pressure. The confederations cup performance against the US was just shocking.

I wouldn't mind if the Nederlands had a good showing. It is sad that with all the great players they have produced over the years, they have never managed to pull off the WC final victory. With no RVN and VDS anymore, and Robben still looking like hes made of glass, I can't see this being the year for them.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Thank you for the reminder. :) Yeah make sure you stock up on Claritin-D (non-drowsy), Zyrtec, etc. because you're on troll patrol now. :D

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtzdE669BfY"]YouTube- three lions 2010 featuring robbie williams and russell brand[/ame]

three lions 2010 - robbie williams and russell brand.

i actually like the song! :)

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i would like to kindly notify all Canadian viewers with CBC (channel 3 - vancouver).

the live opening will start at 5am (pacific time)

i will just watch it live for the sake of my four years wait :D

let's hope it's not as lame as the vancouver olympics ceremony!!! :D :D

8. Kimmyongguk

Kimmyongguk Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Beijing
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yeah, it is so over the top and obsessively "Canadian" as if everyone wanted to be Canadian. :rolleyes:

Nice England song by the way.

9. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  10. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    with the buildup of the wc finally over, i'm getting a feel of the western media's coverage of this event.

while at times critical and political towards the Beijing Olympics, their attitude this time have been largely patronising towards the South Africans heh

ps i hope england lose, and lose bad. not only because they get massively overhyped every time but i find the england supporters i know personally to be quite lame. in saying that, england will probably reach the semis lol

and down with the socceroos too, hate them

11. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Coefficients, mate, coefficients.

12. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Dear soccer gods,

Please smite down all of those fools with those BEE horns in the arena. Or at the very least, lay down some MUTING smackdown.

Thanks

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lol yes i remember watching this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6vvBNbfPQ"]YouTube- Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony Part 2[/ame]

listen to the effing annoying woman commentator.

14. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    France is a joke. I can't believe China only beat them by 1 goal last week. :D

South Africa put up a good fight. But I don't understand how the first Mexican goal was disallowed. Would've been a different match.

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This should clear things up. I thought the goal was legitimate also at the time, but I remembered my referee training course.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah the South African goalie jumped forward before the Mexican player made the glancing header pass.

17. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    This experience shouldn't be new to North Americans should it? The MLS has had these plastic horns for years.

18. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    刚刚看完韩国队2-0打败希腊。 在我家外面,有很多韩国球迷狂欢。 我是又为他们高兴又是嫉妒他们, 心里真的很难受。 不知道我们中国会不会有那么一天。 我每天都他妈的盼望我们的国足真气, 真他妈的心寒。

国足啊国足, 为我们这些可怜的中国球迷争口气吧。
    12亿人口, 一个优秀的民族, 辉煌的历史和文化, 就是他妈的国足窝囊。

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    如果世界盃在中國做主場的話...:p

20. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

CFF, contain your pessimism. :D

21. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Thanks for clearing it up. Sounds like I should take one of those referee training courses. The rules are getting more complicated as we speak. :)

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Two hours from the US England game. It's been a while since I got so excited about a soccer match. And apparently I'm not the only one. ESPN is calling it the most important match for US soccer ever.

They probably meant since 1776. I wonder if the BP spill has something to do with that sentiment too:)

23. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    :p maybe we should start getting used to more bitterness towards the NT everytime kor, jp or aus for that matter, wins a game. lol

24. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

you ain't alone mate. i only got a better understanding of the rule after reading the comments on the clip posted by ntg. a while ago.
    seems like sun's heroics was redundant since the goal would have been offside in the same way like the mexico's one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud9ev2dp5xw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- David James goes up front (lol funny)[/ame]

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

If you think so you've underestimated CFF. He wants us to feel bitter everytime any team wins a game. :D