World Cup 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by teamdragon, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    God damn it. Nederlands lost to the Spanish Diving team. I think Spain can give China a good run for their money in Olympic diving next time around.

Can't believe that I hate Andres Iniesta even more than Marc Van Bommel now.

Time to go look for some depressed Dutch girls to "cheer up" :)

2. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What are you taking about Only_ONE_United , how de Jong and Van Bommel stayed on the pitch for as long as they did is beyond me. The Netherlands deserved to have lost if only because it looked like they entered the world kickboxing championship rather then the World cup. Yes the Spanish went down easily, however when they tried to stand their ground they got their chest kicked in. Overall I'm glad that Spain won if only because they tried to play football rather then use defensive tactics utilised by the Dutch.

3. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The Dutch played pretty rough and physical for the first half of the game. This was reflected in all the yellows they accumulated. De Jong should have been gone for sure for the kick on Xabi Alonso. Van Bommel was cutting it close, but honestly, Xavi and Iniesta embellished a lot of it too. I would have to say Spain could (and should) have had the same if not more players sent off based on yellows if the refs had made the right calls.

I thought Spain did kick it up a knotch in the latter part of the game. The early and mid parts were boring on the Spanish side, but the Dutch did try to push and nearly made Spain pay on the counter attack. However, Nederlands will only have themselves to blame for trying to play for the PKs in the dying minutes of extra time.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I agree with Only_ONE_United. I think as Manchester United fans we both hate Spain, Iniesta, Xavi, etc. because of Barça. I still don't understand what happened in Rome 2009.

5. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It was the curse of those damn White away kits I still say. Would have won it all if we had worn our trusty Red home jerseys in the final :D

6. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    i didn't gamble too, well just virtual baidu cash if that counts...

yeah like most i predicted brazil or spain to be 1 of the finalist, or maybe both. tbh, i had a great feeling for brazil this time. a very well balanced team. traditionally their weakest area is their strongest now. 3 of the 5 in defense are arguably the best in their position. ... coming off a great season, winning the CL and stopping barca on the way.

more importantly, anyone can testify to their mental strength after witnessing their come-from-behind victory in the confed cup against usa, which had just defeated spain earlier. the fact that euro teams alost never do well outside of europe led me to think Brazil had a better chance to win it all.

who knew they would have self destructed in such a manner.

football, bloody football eh...