World Cup 2010 Jersey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by bassboi, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mahmoud Khalil

Mahmoud Khalil New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    that's what i tought but it was also found in the African nations last january

too bad i found an ebay seller has the jersey with the flag attached after purchasing one without it lol :cool:

2. solost22

solost22 Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm watching the Germany - Argentina game and I noticed that the German kit has a red strop on the right sock and not the left. the stripe goes down the back of the sock. Does anyone know if there is any reason for this? Is it there to represent something?

3. Canadaplaysfutbol

Canadaplaysfutbol New Member

May 31, 2007
    Florida
    it goes down the back of the sock on the right leg. and a red stripe goes down the front of the sock on the left.

4. new_jfk

new_jfk New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nice catch! And I really think Germany will take the WC. Hey have you guys check out the site customfootballshirt.com FB page? they r giving out free set of jersey...it's for some competition to promote for the World Cup i think...

5. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chicagosoccer.net has a sale on a few of the World Cup jerseys. Buy one, get one free. I know they have France, Italy, England, and Mexico (home only, both for the rest).

6. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    is there a promo code? i didn't find any advert on the homepage noting this. will it work on jerseys w/name and number?

edit: nevermind, i see the post on their facebook. looks like it only applies to:

Home & Away: Brasil, England, France, Italy
    Home ONLY: Mexico

7. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some one want to link me to the facebook? It doesn't show up when i search for it...

8. daveag98

daveag98 New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Club:
    Portugal FC
    I just bought a Portugal Mendes Nike drifit jersey, is this correct? I heard someone in another thread mention that addias would be the correct jersey brand.

I got it from soccer shop usa .com , seemed pretty good place, and the quality of the detail is amazing, any advice on this is welcome.

Thanks

9. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.facebook.com/chicagosoccerstores

about 4 wall posts down.

if i'm reading your question correctly, and i like to think i am, you're asking which brand makes the portugal jersey? if so, it's nike.

10. daveag98

daveag98 New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Club:
    Portugal FC
    Thanks sucka

JUst wanted to check and make sure i paid 100 bucks for a rip off :)

11. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    For the R16 and quarterfinal games for Argentina, did they change their font. I dont' remember seeing the white outline on the black numbers on their jersey, but they had in the MExico and Germany game.

Also, I noticed that Germany vs Argentina had mismatching shorts on I think. They wore the black jersey with gold Adidas stripes, the shorts where black with white Adidas stripes. I think the black shorts with white stripes are the ones they are suppose to wear wiht the home white jersey and that they should have worn the black shorts with Gold Adidas stripes...am I wrong?

12. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    you're right.

and for some reason, argentina wore their blue away shorts instead of the traditional black ones against mexico.

in the friendly against argentina in march, germany wore their black away shirts and white shorts. but this time, they wore their home black shorts.

13. pricelesvtfan75

pricelesvtfan75 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
  14. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    adidas made two versions of their jerseys. one is called the tech fit, which has the webbing (stripes) that you're seeing on podolski, schweinsteiger, etc. it's supposed to give better performance.

the other is a regular fit like the ones sold in stores.

players have a choice between wearing one or the other.

15. riphamilton

riphamilton Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Connecticut
    i absolutley loved the dutch coming out in the all orange kit in the semifinal. i'm not sure how FIFA determines who the home and away teams are in the knockout stages (uruguay were home in the match and wore their home black shorts), but the netherlands is the home side in the finale and will wear their orange shirts.

if spain advances, they'd have to wear their away kit with dark shorts; if germany advances they could wear either shirt, but both kits have black shorts anyways.

bottom line: i'd love to see the all-oranje again, and i think that there's a good chance that it'll happen!

ps - if anybody has any links to stories about why they wore the orange kit in the semi, i'd love to know how that came about.

16. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    probably just to avoid color clashing since uruguay wore their black shorts.

17. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Not exactly why they wore orange in the semi, but why they wear orange in general.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/video/ssworldcup-19013964/20700485

18. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The reason Argentina wore their blue away shorts instead of black versus Mexico is because Mexico wore white socks, Argentina when wearing its home black shorts also wears white socks. Since Argentina needed ot wear their navy blue socks, I'm sure the didn't want to wear black shorts with navy blue socks, looks better with navy blue shorts.

19. riphamilton

riphamilton Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Connecticut
    well that's why they're referred to as 'oranje' - my point is that they've never (in 30+ years as another site mentioned; i'm not sure if that's accurate) worn orange shorts with the orange shirt and socks. you can't buy the orange shorts on any website because it's not part of the kit, which is black shorts with the orange shirt, and blue shorts with the white shirt. there has to be a reason behind the sudden switch.

20. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They even wore it in WC06 mate. Robben (in orange boots as well) counter-attack goal, from a beautiful one-touch layoff by van Persie.

It's not uncommon at all.

21. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    ^yup.

here are pics of the last 4 kit cycles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. RJMUFC

RJMUFC Member

Apr 8, 2007
    anyone know the colors for the final yet? I'm predicting holland in all orange and spain in all navy.

23. wwnyc

wwnyc Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Which kits will Holland and Spain be wearing on Sunday?

24. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i thought i heard holland would be the "home" team. so probably all orange and spain all navy.