World Cup 2010 Jersey Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by bassboi, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Here's some more information on the Brazil jersey -- in Portuguese, but I'll translate.

http://colecaofutebol.forumpratodos...ecao-brasileira-lancamento-fev-2010-t1530.htm

Blue jersey will be launched on February 15th. On the 25th in London, the yellow jersey will be revealed along with the other Nike jerseys. My guess is this will be to build up support for an England 2018 bid. Nike jerseys will be on the field for the March 3rd friendly (obviously).

The Brazil jersey will apparently have some star details spread on the shirt. Not sure exactly what that means -- but maybe some piping featuring the 5 stars -- or something on the sleeves. It could also be as garish as the the 3 CBF logos spread on our 1994 Umbro jersey (although I must admit that jersey looked very nice).

2. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
  3. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I prefer the usual navy, but that is a good change, and is a great retro throwback that edudes a strong sense of nostalgia. Nice!

4. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is what the chelsea home jersey should have been. not all that weird chest piping stuff.

yes i agree, im really starting to appreciate the more retro looking jerseys that are a bit more simplistic yet understated. not a bunch of crazy ridiculousness all over the place.

5. tonygravato

tonygravato New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Little Egg Harbor,NJ
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe some sort of homage to the constellation of stars on the Brazillian flag?

6. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anyone else see that Fernando Verdasco has been playing in Spain's new WC shirt, in the Davies Cup. There are plenty of photos up on Getty if you like.

7. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
  8. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's what I reckoned it would look like - a throwback to '66. Would rather just pick up a Toffs in any case.

9. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    [​IMG]

oh the its gone, heck ... I have one here.

10. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking through which jerseys I may want to buy (apart from my own NT's), and I'll toss a couple of questions out there:

Do Adidas/Nike/Puma vary just on the level of quality of manufacture?

And-- how about authenticity? For the most part, is what you see on the field what you get from your retailer? And is the Adidas two-tier pricing structure ($150USD for Techfit, $70 for 'replica') likely to be adopted by other makers?

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not too keen on that England shirt, still, i guess its better than the current away shirt.

appleCORR

12. 3stripes

3stripes Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Brazil shirt appears to have leaked. Nothing spectacular, but then again, the brazil shirt is supposed to be simple. looks to be a cross of our 96 and 98 Nike shirts. i personally like it. it's classic. also evokes the our older shirts with the green ringer collar. but i dont think it's as nice as our 06 shirt.

the commenters on football shirt culture have noted that it appears to be from the same source as the england away leak -- same coat hanger, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: It appears as if the shirt's shoulders are two-toned. Notice the third picture with the dark green stripe. The area above it is a lighter shade of green. Interesting. So the black and white pic really does no justice to the shirt. so maybe the back of the sleeve is a light green or something like that.

14. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a quick question. I was thinking about getting the new Germany 09/11 kit as I think it is really classy looking. But when I look at soccer.com where I might buy it from there are two choices. One kit is $70 but there's another one that says "adidas Germany Limited Edition Home TechFit Jersey." What if any difference is the so called TechFit which is $150 as opposed to the other one that looks the same, but is cheaper at $70? Sorry if this has already been asked.

15. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    TechFit is like the Adidas BaseLayer(if you ever played soccer or seen Gerrard and co wearing them after they took off their jersey)

Basically the TechFit one is exactly what the players wear on the pitch, tight fitting and everything is ironed, the crest and stripes instead on sewn.

The TechFit only comes in M and L so if you are not in a great shape, you could always settle for the replica one.

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    looks more like the shirt is on top of a green table cloth.

17. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so stoked...got one of my favorite world cup jerseys off ebay finally! and in my XL size, woot! (pardon my fugly mug lol)

[​IMG]

USA world cup 92-94 jersey! i really like how the stripes go across the shoulder and onto the back. anywho i know this is the 2010 world cup jersey thread, but what the hell....only off by 16 years lol

plus its crazy to think i got this jersey brand new and its 16 years old....

18. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like the jersey mate....and it's OK to go ahead and exhale now.....;):D

19. illdthedj

illdthedj Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Bay Area, Ca
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i cant help my man boobs :D

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah i noticed that later. probably for the best lol.

21. Gaa Footballer

Mar 25, 2007
    Loving the retro usa top, would love a retro ireland 1 from world cup 94!

22. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info.

23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any more news on the WC shirts? Any news perhaps on expected away shirt colours for the Adidas teams, other then Argentina?

BTW, has any1 bought a WC shirt yet? I've seen loads of locals wearing the new South Africa shirt - I hate the colour. I've seen all the other shirts in the shops, except for, and sadly, Japan. The Spain shirt is just too bright to wear casually. The Mexico shirt is comical. The German shirt could look good. The shade of French shirt looks quite classy. The Russia shirt (yes, I know they're not in the WC) is almost cool. Almost. I think it needed a collar.

24. blitzlegend

blitzlegend Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Portugal’s Away Kit:
    - White shirt with a green and red vertical bar going up the shirt.

The Russia kit is a beauty, pity they are not in the WC. I have gotten a Russia and Germany kit. very nice. I am thinking of getting the box set version as well. For Japan kits, they are currently being sold in Japan, you can try getting them online.

25. Brandon FCB

Brandon FCB Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Japan shirt is the best one Adidas made for the World Cup. I've only just gotten used to the Spain one.