Women's League in Italy

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by bzygo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was wondering how you guys do to find so many video highlights , did you have a special youtube channel ?....I am so jealous ,we french definitely needs to improve this aspect of our league.:oops:

2. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There are a couple of websites that gather most (but not all) the youtube videos, even of the lower series teams, inteviews, indoor soccer etc:
    http://www.calciofemminilechannel.tv/ and http://www.calciodonne.tv/
    About the amount of videos, this year there has been a big growth and I see this fact (and in general the increasing in media awareness) as a direct consequence of the lack of support from the Football Federation: teams realized that they had to create a direct link with supporters, sponsors, and local environment through the social media, so now every SeriaA club, and most lower series teams too, has a press officer, a website, a Facebook page, and some of them a Youtube page to show videos self made (or made with the help of local TV stations).
    Some teams (Tavagnacco and Napoli among them) have a web-radio report of matches, and Torres and Torino sometimes broadcast live the matches (although unfortunately the quality is very poor, more than a streaming it looks like a slide sequence :(), others give to supporters liveticker and so on...each team does its best, with the (usually poor) means he has. ;)

kool-aide, SiberianThunderT and blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  4. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And here there is a 4 min. highlights video, mostly Yamamoto-show :cool:

Speaking of the match (that I wasn't be able to watch on TV because on Monday I was working), kudos to Napoli for the draw, probably the team deserved the victory too, but I have to say that their 2 years unbeatabitily record has something to do with the potato-field o_O in which they are playing, that harms the more technical teams as Brescia or Torres...
    This Stadio Collana, that has been given to the team this year, has been a big improvement compared to the venues outside the town in which the club previously played, and we must give credit to the local government that has helped to rescue an important sport complex from the dereliction, but I hope that next year the team and the town governement will find the money to replace the turf. Otherwise there will be ever the suspect (as it is now) that the homesoil performances of the team are influenced from this "advantage", and a club that is doing so much to give a sport chance to so many girls and little kids in a difficult enviroment as it's Napoli since ever doesn't deserve this kind of suspect....

blissett repped this.
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thank you for the explanation , that's great , this is the real meaning of women football ...people helping each other to develop something with heart ,dedication and passion ....I will suggest this to french clubs ,fans and media :thumbsup:.

gricio61 repped this.
  6. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saturday big match Torres-Brescia will be broadcasted next Monday at 5 pm both on TV and web by RaiSport2: http://www.raisport.rai.it

7. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very interesting matchday last Saturday, with 2 big matches: Brescia managed to interrupt this year's Torres unbeatability with a brace of Barbara Bonansea, one of the more interesting young players in our champ. At the same time Tavagnacco won away against Verona, so now the title race has re-opened and, to spice up things, in the last matchday there will be Torres-Tavagnacco..:cool:
    The results:
    Napoli - Torino 7-1
    Verona - Tavagnacco 1-3
    Pordenone - Fortitudo Mozzecane 1-0
    Lazio - Firenze 0-4
    Grifo Perugia - Chiasiellis 2-3
    Torres - Brescia 0-2
    two more matches have been delayed for the bad weather/snow
    The table:
    Torres 59 pts, Tavagnacco 58 pts, Brescia 50 pts, Verona 46 pts, Napoli 36 pts.
    Highlights:

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With this last Verona's loss, I want to believe in Napoli catching up with them at 4th place (although 10 points are a lot and the direct clash didn't go so well :p).

(But Emi Yamamoto started scoring again, so... :rolleyes:)

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    gricio61 repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The best player in Italian Serie A Femminile... is not Italian! :p

(for not Italian-speakers: full translations of both the article and the video interview can be found on the Nadeshiko Japan 2013 Official Thread, on Japan's forum)

I want to ask: anyone knows if, along with the top-scorers ranking, it's possible to find somewhere any statistics about assists in Serie A Femminile?
    I ask because I guess assists (especially from CKs and FKs) are for sure one of the most impressive features of Emi Yamamoto and they were key in winning her this award, but, unlike goals (she scored 6 in 12 matches at the moment), I don't think they're updated anywhere.
    I could patienlty revise all of Yamamoto's 12 matches' reports, and list all of the assists I find, but before doing that I'd like to make sure that they aren't already listed somewhere...

11. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blissett, when you say "..anyone knows if.." are you thinking to somebody in particular ? :p
    Joking aside, the best statistics website that I am aware of about italian women soccer is: http://femminile.football.it/home.php
    At first sight I didn't find anything about assists, may be you can dig further into the (many) query and find out something...
    AFAIK, the only club that keeps track of the assistwomen of their team is Brescia, as to far the two best are Bonansea with 12 and Boni with 10 (but both of them, unlike Yamamoto, are playing the season from the start) :)

blissett repped this.
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, quite sadly this thread often looks like a ping pong game between you and me... :oops:

But, if there aren't many other contributors, I can see that there are people who simply pass by to watch the thread from time to time, so I hope the info we drop is somehow useful. :p

Wow, this site is IMPRESSIVE! :eek: Thanks for sharing, the quantity of the info is overwhelming. Just out of curiosity, do you know where do they get the players' ratings to decide best and worst players? It's not like women's football is rated on mainstream media in Italy... :giggle:

I dug a little (and found many interesting features :p), but in fact I didn't find assists. It's easy to explain, because assists are hard to keep track of: they don't normally appear in matches' reports and you have to set a clear rule to decide what is an assist and what is not: for instance, if a pass is slightly deflected by a DF, but it reaches the team-mate anyway and she scores, how little this deflection has to be to consider this pass an assist anyway, if it can be considered an assist at all? And similar problems...

I looked on the Napoli Carpisa Yamamay's site and for sure they don't keep track of assists. I tried to make a list of Yamamoto's assists of my own, but I have to work with just a little number of video highlights, and, for the other matches, written reports that don't always mention the assist-women, or that describe the action in a confused way that makes difficult to understand if it was really a valid assist. For some of the 12 matches Yamamoto played, I have no data at all about some goals, apart the scorer.
    The data I gathered say that Yamamoto should have had a number of assists that can go from a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 13 (the minimum are the assists that I could saw with my eyes or that were reported in a clear undisputable way; the maximum adds the goals that I have no idea about, but also those that need an accurate definition of assist: for instance, a typical Napoli's action is Yamamoto taking a CK or FK and a team-mate scoring, but can it be considered an assist in the cases when an opponent touched the ball mid-way?).
    Anyway, even considering the minimum end of the range, I guess 7 assist (+ 6 goals) in 12 matches sound quite good. :giggle:

13. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    25th matchday last Saturday:

Fiammamonza - Napoli 0-2 (here https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/official-2013-nadeshiko-japan-thread-r.1980379/page-87 a great report with photos from Blissett) :thumbsup:
    Brescia - Chiasiellis 0-0
    Tavagnacco - Como 3-1
    Torino - Pordenone 0-2
    Verona - Grifo Perugia 8-0
    Riviera di Romagna - Lazio 3-1
    Firenze - Mozzanica 0-1
    Mozzecane - Torres postponed because the Wednesday CL match

Brescia lost its last chances to fight for the 2 CL spots, that now are pretty secured by Torres and Tavagnacco, so the table now is: Tavagnacco 67 pts, Torres 65 pts (1 match to catch-up), Brescia 57 pts, Verona 55 pts, Napoli 45.
    Some highlights:

with some colourful remarks from some supporters :p

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gricio61, since I see that now you use to give a look to Nadeshiko Japan's thread ;), I wonder if you noticed this article that I posted on that thread a pair of days ago. In it, Napoli's general manager Italo Palmieri says that he heard voices about a play-off to decide the Champions' League-granting 2nd place. Did you hear anything of the kind? :confused:

Lol, very "colourful" at some moments... :giggle: Let's hope not many readers of this thread actually understand Italian... :rolleyes:

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, sometimes I go to the Nadeshiko thread, and i really appreciate your reports about NT matches, since I didn't know much about Japanese players, apart from the usual Ogimi, Sawa, Ando etc. :thumbsup:
    About that article, yes I read it, but really I don't know what to think...It seems to me quite unfair (and unlikely) changing rules while the game is still on play...on the other side, Italo Palmieri is considered a very serious GM, and i don't think he likes going around spreading rumors, so may be is just a possibility on the table. The fact that puzzles me more is that this option would require an extra round of matches, just close to the Euro, involving the teams that give all the players to the NT (that meaning more injuries, tired players etc.) At that point of the season most of the NT girls would have on their shoulder (or, better saying, on their legs) more than 40 matches, and with those figures how a player (pro or not pro, it doesn't matter) is supposed to find the physical resources to play a decent Euro ? o_O

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, as I wrote on the Nadeshiko thread I found it quite unfair and quite incredible too. But I was just wobdering why he should have said that, if he hadn't actually heard something. I thought that maybe he was talking about next season, but the article really sounded like he was talking about the current season... o_O. Well, I guess we're going to see in about a month.

18. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The SerieA match Mozzanica-Verona (Saturday h. 15) will be web-streamed online from this local TV: http://www.seilatv.tv/ , as you can see also in the banner above the screen. The club site says that the match will be available "everywhere in the world, from an unlimited number of people, on tablet and smarphone too, thanks to the technology of this partner website..." :cautious: Not sure how it will works actually, anyway is a pretty good effort for a small team (Mozzanica has less than 5000 inhabitants), and it deserves to be supported! :thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  19. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blissett, I hope you don't have Easter Monday commitments tomorrow h.1 pm, you can't miss Napoli-Tavagnacco on RaiSport! ;)
    Meanwhile, big kudos to Mozzanica web streaming of the yesterday match, everything went well, it has been a really professional (at least, for the italian standard) broadcasting...:thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had read about the Raisport streaming. ^__^ I guess I should be able to watch the match (and the related Emi Yamamoto's show ^^).
    The fight for the Italian title became very interesting... Meanwhile Napoli keeps its impressive home record and its advantage over Riviera di Romagna. It's a shame that on saturday morning I'll be working and so I couldn't make it in time to go in Cervia to watch the match live :(. I guess it's the last time Napoli plays in the north of Italy in this season, so I'll get no other chances to see Yamamoto live...

21. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    26th matchday last Saturday: Tavagnacco hasn't be able to win the match against Napoli, so Torres took advantage and now both teams have the same points, but Torres has still 1 match to catch up..
    Mozzanica - Verona 1-1
    Lazio - Como 2-2
    Chiasiellis - Fiammamonza 2-0
    Torres - Firenze 4-0
    Grifo Perugia - Fortitudo Mozzecane 6-1
    Napoli - Tavagnacco 1-1
    Pordenone - Riviera di Romagna 0-1
    Brescia - Torino 3-0

In the table, Torres and Tavagnacco 68 pts, Brescia 60, Verona 56, Napoli 46, Riviera di Romagna 44. Next matchday in 2 weeks, because of the friendly NT match Austria-Italy next Sunday :)

Some highlights:

too bad I couldn't find highlights of the Napoli match, in spite of the RAI broadcasting..:(

blissett repped this.
  22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Did Brescia has good chance to qualify for the champions league ? I really like to see Boni , Sabatino and Gama in that competition . How come Tavagnacco is so strong this year , who is playing there ? ...What you guys think about Italy 's Cyprus cup performance ?

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Have I really to say what I think about it? :rolleyes:

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Low budget local media interview with Emi Yamamoto. Lots of LOLz :D (starting just a few seconds into it, when the journalists says "Ali della Libertà" award, instead of "Ali della Vittoria" :giggle:):

gricio61 repped this.
  25. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think Brescia will be able to play CL next year, now is 8 pts behind with 4 matches to play, miracles sometimes happen, but this time....too bad because I saw live all the “big 4” and IMHO Brescia is the team that's playing the best soccer this year, mainly due to their new trainer Milena Bertolini (former NT player). Their problem have been the huge number of injuries they had in the first part of the champ in the backline, sometimes they had to play with only 1 appointed D, a couple of 16 years kids of the young teams and a F converted o_O ...so they lost some points with average teams and a couple of direct matches against the other big teams, and the damage is done...
    Tavagnacco has always been a solid team, this year they become more cynical, being able to exploit better their chances, a couple of times winning decisive matches in the extratime (with a bit of luck too), and now they probably deserve to play again CL (2 years ago they were eliminated by Malmoe, in spite of their historical wictory here..).
    The players are more or less the same of last year (in fact losing Penelope Riboldi, who signed with Napoli), the better scorers have been so far Paola Brumana (25 goals), Alice Parisi (17), Elisa Camporese (11), and all of three are in the NT.
    By the way, I found the highlights of Napoli – Tavagnacco, so you can form an opinion by yourself: :)

http://www.calciodonne.tv/media-gallery/mediaitem/544-highlights-napoli-tavagnacco.html

blissett repped this.