Women's League in Italy

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by bzygo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's normal to be out, it's the last day of the year ! :p
    Anyway, two catch up matches results:
    Brescia - Mozzecane 4-1
    Mozzanica - Tavagnacco 1-1
    Now the race for the 2nd spot is tighter: Tavagnacco is only 1 pt ahead Brescia, and 6 pts ahead Verona.
    The highlights:

p.s. The blonde scorer for Mozzanica is Stefania Tarenzi, a player I saw live too, and IMO she deserves at least a call in NT, although she doesn't play in a top team... :thumbsup:

Happy New Year to everybody !

blissett repped this.
  2. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes I remember Stefania Tarenzi , she is a very good centre forward , I think she could have her chance when Panico will retire ,after the Euro ?.......Because Italy will remain with only Daniela Sabatino , one of my favourite italian player ;) , as centre forward .

3. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really don't know if Patrizia Panico is ready to quit after the Euro, injuries permitting she could go on till WWC 2015...regarding centre forwards yes, apprently Italy lacks of this kind of player, although Cristiana Girelli too can play in that role, and she is only 22. Tarenzi IMO could fit well in the NT because she's good at heading, strong and doesn't fear to match strong defenses, quality that too often lacks in the italian forwards.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi Gricio61. I went to Pontelambro (CO), yesterday, to watch FCF Como 2000 - Napoli Carpisa Yamamay CF. Although Napoli lost the match, Emi Yamamoto scored again. :)

On the Official 2013 Nadeshiko Japan Thread I made a sort of report of the match (I say "sort of", because in fact is a very partial one, from the point of view of a Yamamoto's supporter, and I am quite sure that a Como's supporter wouldn't appreciate it :p): you can give a look if you're insterested.

I didn't notice any TV crew around the pitch, so I don't think there will be any highlights of the match, but please let me know if you find anything about it (apart from the obvious reports of the two clubs' official sites). ;)

gricio61 repped this.
  5. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi Blisset,
    I have read with great interest your report and saw the photo, and don't worry, they are far better than the photos I managed to shoot during the matches... :oops:
    Anyway, I am glad that you enjoyed the match, too bad for the Napoli defeat but, as you wrote, if you miss your chances, the other team is going to punish you !
    A couple of observations about what you wrote in your report:
    - Attendance: I am afraid that 100-150 viewers is the average in the SerieA, for the Riviera di Romagna matches is more or less the same (the admission is 5 euro), a bit more in Verona (but is free of charge); AFAIK the only team that is able to gather 300-400 (even more for the big matches) paying viewers is Brescia, that has a group of fans who follow the team even away.
    - Quality of teams: I am a bit surprised about the Napoli GK performance, she is a former U19NT and one of the most important signing of the year. They have also a Romanian GK (NT of that country), may be they'll put her as a starter in next match.
    About Como, this year they are performing really well, considering that at the end of last season their GK Laura Giuliani emigrated in Germany and 2 other important players, Adegoke and Katia Coppola (U19NT) now are playing with Lugano in Swiss 2nd Division: the team found 2 very good forward, Ricco and Carminati (7 goals each) and this baby GK, and after Saturday they just reached 5th place in the table ! :thumbsup:
    BTW, If you want to see again Napoli (or, better saying, Yamamoto), there is another chance the 23th of March against FiammaMonza...
    A last question about Nadeshiko thread: do you know the reason why it's not into the Women Soccer thread ? I know that you have nothing to do with this location, I am just curious...:p

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The admission for the match was 5 euro; during the match I was wondering if maybe in Como town they could gather more supporters (in the end Pontelambro is a little place and you had to go there expressely to watch the match), but you say that it's not the case... I am well aware of the state of women's football in our country, but I was hoping that the teams at the top of the rankings of Serie A could get some more attendance... :( I guess if Italy doesn't close this cultural gap, there will be no hope to progress for our National Team and movement. The confront with a country like Japan is cruel: even before 2011 WWC some clubs had over 1.000 crowds for home matches. Now, after 2011 WWC's boom, INAC Kobe Leonessa can quite often reach the 10.000 mark (and sometimes 15.000 or more): we're talking numbers that can be compared with men's football.

Well, maybe I've been a little harsh, because I was angry that her mistakes made Yamamoto's goal useless :mad:, but in fact I guess she totally went haywire: in particular the way she touched the ball outside of the box and tried to go away with it, looked really amateurish...

The baby GK was impressive, in particular: she made at least 4-5 decisive saves, although she looked so young and fragile. At 14 only, I can see a luminous future ahead of her.

Wow, Monza is really easy to reach for me: I guess I won't let go this chance! :p

Lol, in fact I should have linked the Nadeshiko thread in my post: I hope it wasn't too much difficult for you to find it. :giggle: As for the thread's location, you should ask some historical member, like mumf or And G. I suppose women's football national threads were born without a plan: some were on the women's rivalry forum and then they basically became "serious" National League reports, because they had a consistent number of regular posters. Probably the Nadeshiko Japan thread was born as a sort of affiliation of Japan's men's J-League thread, because, in an era when Nadeshiko League was in crisis, probably the only real interest in it was by some fans of Japanese male league, maybe Japanese people themselves. Then, even after Nadeshiko League growth, it stayed there. :giggle:

7. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saturday was last gameday of the first round (catch-up matches excluded):
    Verona - Pordenone 5-0
    Como - Napoli 3-1
    Fiammamonza - Mozzecane 3-2
    Firenze - Brescia 0-5
    Tavagnacco - Torres 1-1
    GrifoPerugia - Torino 2-0
    Lazio - Mozzanica 0-0
    Riviera di Romagna - Chiasiellis 1-1

Yesterday: FiammaMonza - Brescia 2-3
    Today: Como - Mozzanica 2-2

Now Brescia, taking advantage of the draw between Tavagnacco and Torres, and of the 2 victory matches in a row, overtook the former team for the 2nd place race, waiting for the big match Verona-Brescia on Saturday.
    Torres 43 pts
    Brescia 38 pts
    Tavagnacco 34 pts (1 match to catch-up)
    Verona 30 pts (1 match to catch-up)
    Como 23 pts.

A couple of highlights (too bad I couldn't find anything about the Tavagnacco and Como matches) :(

8. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry, in the previous post I put the wrong highlight, this is Firenze - Brescia of Saturday:

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I had told you that I had seen no TV crew at the match... :rolleyes:
    Anyway, thanks for what you found! :thumbsup:

In other news, once more the complete incompetence about women's football of my country's media made me ashamed... :(
    In an article about women's Player of the Year published today by "La Repubblica" (arguably the most read newspaper in Italy!), Enrico Sisti repeatedly wrote "Sally Morgan" instead of "Alex Morgan"... :confused: Beyond that, he doesn't seem aware at all that a new league called NWSL has been announced in USA for 2013... o_O

Siiiiigh!!! :( When we'll ever get someone who can write about women's football in a professional way? What media normally write is insulting for its total lack of correct information. I guess I could write way more well-informed (and even more interesting!) articles about women's football than the guys who do that as a job! :mad:

gricio61 repped this.
  10. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ah ah, Sally Morgan !:p but who knows, may be the journalist thinks she is a relative of Morgan the singer (and X-Factor judge)...:rolleyes:
    On a more serious note, yesterday I was looking for news about a player, and I stumbled across this Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calciomercato-Femminile/242328232544356
    It's a bit confusing, mixing together italian and foreign players, football and indoor soccer :confused:
    but it's updated nearly on daily basis and I think is very helpful to keep tracks of all the tranfers...

blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very good find!!! :thumbsup:

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, gricio61. In this article it's been said that highlights from yesterday's Grifo Perugia-Napoli Carpisa Yamamay (0-2, with brace by Yamamoto :giggle:; 4 goals in 3 matches for her :cool:) should be broadcast by Capri Event TV on wednesday at 21:00. I live in the north of Italy, so I can't watch Capri Event: do you know anyone who can watch the show, record the highlights and then upload them? o_O

13. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi Blissett, for the moment I found this:

It's from the Grifo Perugia web tv, no sound, but shows some highlights and both goals, in slow-motion too :cool: ...about Capri Event TV, there is a link: http://www.caprievent.it/, looks like it's working through Justin TV in streaming live, so I think (hope) that on wednesday they' ll show the broadcast live...
    I take advantage of this post to tell that yesterday I was in Verona and I saw a very beautiful match: the attendance was quite good (although not 700 viewers as reported in the Verona site), and I counted more than 100 Brescia supporters; both teams had the chance to win, the final draw is probably fair, although in the 2nd half Verona missed some really important chances and the Brescia GK did some really great saves.
    Highlights of the match, a bit longish but really deserves to be viewed:

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much both for the video (that I am going to upload on the Nadeshiko thread ;)) and the Capri Event link, both unvaluable. :thumbsup:

15. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last Saturday results:
    Verona - Brescia 2-2
    Como - Chiasiellis 3-3
    Firenze - FiammaMonza 2-0
    Tavagnacco - F. Mozzecane 2-0
    Mozzanica - Pordenone 4-2
    Grifo Perugia - Napoli 0-2
    Riviera di Romagna - Torino 4-0
    Lazio - Torres 0-3

In the table Torres with 46 pts widens its lead to 7 pts, 2nd Brescia with 39 pts, Tavagnacco 37 (1 match to catch up), Verona 31 pts (1 match to catch up), Mozzanica 25 pts. and saturday there is another big match brescia - tavagnacco.
    A couple of highlights not posted in my previous post:

For Blisset: tomorrow afternoon Verona and Napoli will play a catch-up match that hadn't been played because the snow, I think that the next day you'll be able to see highlights on the Verona website: http://www.veronacalciofemminile.com/home.php ;)

blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I read on the Verona site that there should be some kind of direct news in radio. Did you ever follow that? Is it a complete comment of the match, or just some news from time to time? Is it a local Verona's radio, or can be easily heard in other regions too (or by internet streaming?)

I'll be at work, tomorrow, or I'd thought about actually going in Verona to watch the match, but I could have some pauses in the afternoon when I can try to get updates about the match... ;)
    (I am curious to see if Yamamoto is going to score for the 4th match in a row, even vs a "big" team like Verona).

17. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blissett, there is a link for the streaming: http://www.radiorcs.it/, but I don't think they'll do a full report, only some updates from time to time..in the Verona site too usually they post in real time updates of the matches, and I just saw that there is a Facebook page too....

blissett repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    gricio61 repped this.
  19. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In last Saturday bigmatch Tavagnacco defeated Brescia 2-1 away, overtooking them in the 2nd place, although probably the race for the second CL spot will go on till the end of season, like has been last year....Brescia, that IMHO is playing the best football of SerieA, is paying cash the injuries that put their defense out of action (2 ACL + 1 broken foot), their reserve players are from the junior team, so against big opponents can't do so much :(
    Anyway, the results:
    Torres - Como 4-2
    Chiasiellis - Verona 1-2
    Torino - Firenze 0-4
    Brescia - Tavagnacco 1-2
    FiammaMonza - Grifo Perugia 1-2
    Pordenone - Lazio 1-0
    Napoli - Mozzanica 1-0
    Mozzecane - Riviera di Romagna 0-8 :thumbsup:
    In the table now Torres is (obviously) leading with 49 pts, Tavagnacco 40 pts (1 match to catch-up), Brescia 39 pts, Verona 37, and Napoli and Riviera 27 pts
    A couple of highlights (sorry, no Napoli up to now...);

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Last saturday's Napoli Carpisa Yamamay-Torres 0-0 ;):

gricio61 repped this.
  21. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is for you, Blissett !
    Next Saturday match Napoli-Brescia will be broadcasted by RaiSport2 and aired (and streamed too) on Monday 11th, h.15 :thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, that's big news! What happens to deserve such a treat? Or RaiSport2 always broadcast a Serie A Femminile match each week?

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    When I was living in Italy ....some 3 years ago....they used to , I don't know if they still broadcasting , but it was great to see female soccer on TV ......things that in France we have only since this year...

gricio61 repped this.
  24. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, it's the second year that RaiSport broadcasts some matches of the second part of the season: I think that will be about 10 games this year, as so far they only showed Verona-Brescia 3 weeks ago, so Napoli-Brescia will be the 2nt match. I counted 3 other big teams matches till the end of the season (actually 4, but Torres-Brescia and Verona-Tavagnacco will be played the same matchday), this leaves room for other 5 (?) matches involving 1 big and 1 not-so-big club to be broadcasted. So my guess is that or Napoli-Tavagnacco or Napoli-Verona will be aired too (may be both, who knows), anyway I'll keep updated this thread about the TV schedule :)

blissett repped this.
  25. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In last Saturday matchday nothing special happened, except that the match involving Verona has been postponed for the bad weather. For the rest, who had to win won, who had to lose lost... :)
    The results:
    Torres - Mozzanica 3-0
    Brescia - Como 3-1
    Torino - Tavagnacco 1-5
    Firenze - Grifo Perugia 2-0
    Chiasiellis - Lazio 3-0
    Pordenone - Napoli 1-2
    Fiammamonza - Riviera di Romagna 2-4

In the table, now Torres is leading with 53 pts, Tavagnacco has 49 pts, Brescia 45 pts., Verona 40 (1 match to catch-up), Riviera di R. and Napoli 31 pts.
    A couple of highlights: